Page 749 of 820 FirstFirst ... 249649699739745746747748749750751752753759799 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 12295
    Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

DEADPOOL_6_LARROCA_UNCANNY_X-MEN_VAR.jpg Salvador Deadpool #6 variant cover

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    im really bummed out she's not getting a mini. But Shatterstar/Domino/Squirrel Girl can all have solo's or minis. What the effever.
    I know this is gonna sound crass of me. But Even without the swap.
    If she had gotten rid of that suit and became less Ninja chick onry. She could have had some really fun stories.

Can you imagine her and Kurt going on a Duo book? Full of adventure, and she and he could have a true discussion about what it's like to die, and her being in another body, all the while wearing a non-thong?
    There's a lot of story potential out there for her. But she HAS to get past the 90's tropes that defines her.
    Even had she stayed Eurasian, she should have moved past the Ninja aspect, while retaining the skills, without shouting it all the time.

Give her some fun stories. Move away from being serious all the time.

Put Nauck on Art, and Wilson on writing.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    DEADPOOL_6_LARROCA_UNCANNY_X-MEN_VAR.jpg Salvador Deadpool #6 variant cover
    Love the X-treme throwback.

Ultimate Member

Though it could be said that that whole run really didn't do Betsy a lot of favors...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    There was just a few instances. Primarily during Inferno, where they initially fought, Jean won, then Psylocke used Jean to boost her powers. Then later on Psylocke helped ot save Jean.
    Hold on Taz lol. I recall Psylocke telepathically blocking Jean's access to her telekinesis and then hitting her? I always liked that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I've been rereading Remender's and Spurrier's X-Force runs! I forgot how much I enjoyed Rick's Betsy until after the Otherworld arc when all she did was cry lol. Spurrier's Betsy had tons of personality and I really enjoyed how he used her powers and the bonding with Hope(ew). I'd really love Psylocke to take on one of the students as a protege in the future, preferably Mercury.
    Yeah, she did a fair amount of crying for a while. The girl was a wreck lol. But Remender started the wave that gave her back some depth. If Mike Carey had been able to write her permanently, he would've done amazing things with her. I enjoyed his version of Betsy during the second Proteus storyline. I enjoyed Spurrier's Betsy too. She was powerful AF, using psi-blasts, channeling TK through her sword, etc. The one instance where she made the entire X-Force team and like 50 other people go to sleep and then proceeded to kill all of those henchmen by herself reminded me that Betsy can be a bit scary at times and basically is a one woman army!! I also liked her relationship with Hope and I've always had a hard time liking her. She's just kinda meh for me. The thing with the Cable clones though I could've done without.

Patience, my love. The stories are coming and she's still going to get some showing in Uncanny as she's been pegged as one of the big 8. It might not be the Kwannon resolution many are waiting for but ole girl is poised to be at the forefront for the next few months. Not a leading lady but she's bound to have some great stuff in her supporting role.
    Yeah, I'm sure she will have some great moments and interactions.
    Last edited by Drey; 10-15-2018 at 05:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Hold on Taz lol. I recall Psylocke telepathically blocking Jean's access to her telekinesis and then hitting her? I always liked that instance.

Yeah, she did a fair amount of crying for a while. The girl was a wreck lol. But Remender started the wave that gave her back some depth. If Mike Carey had been able to write her permanently, he would've done amazing things with her. I enjoyed his version of Betsy during the second Proteus storyline. I enjoyed Spurrier's Betsy too. She was powerful AF, using psi-blasts, channeling TK through her sword, etc. The one instance where she made the entire X-Force team and like 50 other people go to sleep and then proceeded to kill all of those henchmen by herself reminded me that Betsy can be a bit scary at times and basically is a one woman army!! I also liked her relationship with Hope and I've always had a hard time liking her. She's just kinda meh for me. The thing with the Cable clones though I could've done without.

Yeah, I'm sure she will have some great moments and interactions.
    Psylocke never connected her punch. And Jean's was aimed right at her jawline. It's literally the only punch she ever threw at the time lol.

Psylocke never connected her punch. And Jean's was aimed right at her jawline. It's literally the only punch she ever threw at the time lol.
    LOL, I guess Betsy figured she'd test her hand to hand capabilities on Jean as neither of them were physical fighters at the time, although Betsy was trying to learn how not to be so vulnerable physically.

BANNED

<3 X-Treme. The look of the book is so nostalgic for me, I really wish Betsy was in it longer, and didn't die of course. Larocca's lines for the variant cover don't quite match up to his work on X-treme, ironically. But hey sometimes you gotta phone it in for a paycheck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    LOL, I guess Betsy figured she'd test her hand to hand capabilities on Jean as neither of them were physical fighters at the time, although Betsy was trying to learn how not to be so vulnerable physically.
    It's badly colored. But Psylocke misses her left, while her right is up in the air chillin. Jean's, horribly colored right arm is over Betsy's breast, and Jean's left was angled at the face.

They never show who technically won. But since Jean was seen moments later, and Psylocke for most of the issue until the mindlink occurs. I just extrapolated it from the evidence on panel. Also, while not a "Beast" in a fight, Jean had more prowess at the time.
    Screenshot_2018-10-15-12-01-26.jpg

Thought not a fight, there was that time that Betsy slapped Jean across the face in the black/white Angel oneshot

Mighty Member

It's badly colored. But Psylocke misses her left, while her right is up in the air chillin. Jean's, horribly colored right arm is over Betsy's breast, and Jean's left was angled at the face.

They never show who technically won. But since Jean was seen moments later, and Psylocke for most of the issue until the mindlink occurs. I just extrapolated it from the evidence on panel. Also, while not a "Beast" in a fight, Jean had more prowess at the time.
    That armor suit looked so awesome during inferno. The cape and hood gave her such a mysterious and creepy look which was perfect. I always liked the fact that Betsy had no problems when it came to wanting to fry people's brains or agreeing to kill Havok when he first rejoined.

Oh the memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thought not a fight, there was that time that Betsy slapped Jean across the face in the black/white Angel oneshot
    I can't believe I don't know about this. I need to look for it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    That armor suit looked so awesome during inferno. The cape and hood gave her such a mysterious and creepy look which was perfect. I always liked the fact that Betsy had no problems when it came to wanting to fry people's brains or agreeing to kill Havok when he first rejoined.
    Agreed that the Inferno version of the armor looked awesome!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    In some panels that cape looked like a haggard terry towel LOL like a little kid who takes one from the linen closet to be a super hero.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    In some panels that cape looked like a haggard terry towel LOL like a little kid who takes one from the linen closet to be a super hero.

Everyone's did. Haha. They looked cool and bad ass. Especially Storm and Rogue

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

DplB6aMU8AEijtV.jpg Best team cover so far - Nightcrawler looks sexy & Betts looks amazing!