Page 773 of 820 FirstFirst ... 273673723763769770771772773774775776777783 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the flying. TK is mind over matter. Her body is definitely matter. It seems...limiting...if they don't give her abilities that even lesser TKs have. Presumably levitation is just another form of TK. Most magic users can do that, not as a result of magic, but of honing their mental acuity and the innate psionic powers that exist to some degree in all humans. And then there are Eternals, who fly/levitate mostly as a reflection of their mental powers, not necessarily their cosmic abilities. And now that I think about it, isn't Gladiator's flying abilities more psionic in nature than anything?

Ultimately, I guess I can see how they'd give her flight powers, or air-walking powers; whatever the case may be. And that's without considering any other natural abilities that she would have from her Otherworld heritage. I realize this is a different body, but if those powers stem more from the mind/soul interaction, Betsy could have even more abilities in her toolkit. Not to step on Nightcrawler's or Blink's toes, but is short range, limited psionic teleportation outside the realm of possibility for Betts?
    She used to be able to teleport due to the Crimson Dawn. I always loved that

All-New Member

I recently just joined the forums and a huge Betsy fan!!! I definitely got to pick up UXM asap!!! But hope I'm not the only one that want Betsy with Logan.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the flying. TK is mind over matter. Her body is definitely matter. It seems...limiting...if they don't give her abilities that even lesser TKs have. Presumably levitation is just another form of TK. Most magic users can do that, not as a result of magic, but of honing their mental acuity and the innate psionic powers that exist to some degree in all humans.
    I wouldn't mind telekinetic enhanced jumping with the martial arts or even tk to blunt
    falling damage ...just don't like the idea of flying...makes her like all the other telekinetics

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

UXMThingsToCome03.jpg
    Betts preview

Even dead she looks great.

Queen of Death and Resurrection. Phoenix who?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yep, or even suggesting the cloak and armor is worn OVER the spandex. I never understood why they don't implement warm and cold weather outfit designs, especially if the end goal is toy merchandise.
    Armor can be sleek and sexy in comics. Psylocke is kinda fragile for a "frontline" fighter.
    She goes down a lot. Which is why I want all the X-men to go back to some tougher fibers in their outfits like they used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Loved Betsy, but the overuse of “bloody” kinda makes me cringe. Love the to weapons. She’s the green lantern of the X-men!
    As somebody who's been to England several times, and trained there with the RAF. Nobody says Bloody that much. There are MANY ways to use UK English without those words.

I was telling Havok in another thread if they want to use her UK speech patterns, alter the spellings of the words. Have her say Biscuit instead of cookie. Instead of calling them crazy, use Noddy.
    Call somebody a Git, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Armour would have stopped that lol.

Even hurt the art looks great. But why is she the only one impaled?

Psylocke was the standout of UXM 1 for me, loved the new TK weaponry even if I wish she was strictly telepathic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    She’s the green lantern of the X-men!
    No, please no. Her powerset is way more interesting than a "I can create anything with my mind" gimmick.
    Swords, shields, even bows or crossbows are ok... but if she manifests a machine gun again, I swear, I'm killing someone

BANNED

She looked good the whole issue, loved it. And not that it took rocket science to figure out a long sword and shield for her, but I know we've talked about her manifesting some more european weaponry for a while now here. Nice to see it in action

Super sad I have to pick this up tomorrow. Can't wait!
    I wonder if I should doodle a redesign of Elizabeths second costume by asar?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    No, please no. Her powerset is way more interesting than a "I can create anything with my mind" gimmick.
    Swords, shields, even bows or crossbows are ok... but if she manifests a machine gun again, I swear, I'm killing someone
    Same. I HATE Pink Lantern Psylocke if it's just weapons. She's creative, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    She looked good the whole issue, loved it. And not that it took rocket science to figure out a long sword and shield for her, but I know we've talked about her manifesting some more european weaponry for a while now here. Nice to see it in action
    She did and most people don't realize she was using an arming sword. So many people call it a Long Sword. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Super sad I have to pick this up tomorrow. Can't wait!
    I wonder if I should doodle a redesign of Elizabeths second costume by asar?
    DO IT!!!!

I have to say not too long ago I wrote that I would love to see Betsy with a psychic knife and a tk shield. What we saw today was close enough. I think we need to ask someone official how Psylocke has tk now that she is in her original body (or a re-creation of her original body).

I guess she has had tk so long it will probably always remain an aspect of her character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I have to say not too long ago I wrote that I would love to see Betsy with a psychic knife and a tk shield. What we saw today was close enough. I think we need to ask someone official how Psylocke has tk now that she is in her original body (or a re-creation of her original body).

I guess she has had tk so long it will probably always remain an aspect of her character.
    She's kinda always had some form of TK since her Psychoblast could affect Minds and Matter, while her Psibolts (The weaker mindblast could only affect minds.) She could Psibolt more people, but until recently only Psycho-blast one at a time and had to recharge after each use. SO it was kinda there, just not overt.
    I do miss purely TP Psylocke because, without the TK, we can see how much her training has really helped.
    If she's gonna use TK for defense, she should make some armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Same. I HATE Pink Lantern Psylocke if it's just weapons. She's creative, use it.
    See and here I was going to suggest ONLY a sword and shield, in hopes of curtailing all these tp/tk heroines running around. Let's have them be specific magical manifestation, rather than Jean-like telekinetic shapelessness.