Page 776 of 820 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 12295
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    In a realm where writers and artists are really only limited by their imaginations, Betsy could have any kind of conceivable armor. Some parts of it could be as clear as glass, but as hard as omnium steel and the weight of a feather. It just depends on the artist's choices.

I'd probably give her an outfit that is mostly chain or a mesh-type fabric. And I'd probably have her show a little skin, mostly to indicate that it wasn't an accident that she ran around scantily clad when she had Kwannon's body. Some of that truly reflects how Betsy sees her alter ego, "superhero" Betsy. In this case, it wouldn't be mere projected image, but residual self-imagery.

Having said that, at the risk of her being perceived like a mutant Green Lantern -- or perhaps Star Sapphire is more apt -- I wouldn't bother with armor. I'd give Betsy a pink/lavender/magenta/whatever color TK force field that goes up whenever her instinctive, "pre-conscious" mind senses danger. She wouldn't bother with creating an actual shield, but perhaps dual swords, daggers and a naginata -- for multiple assailants; dense, resistant combatants (e.g., Juggernaut, Hulk, etc.) who she wants to keep at range; and for routine photo ops.
    That works also. I'm gonna draw an adaptation of Asrars suit tonight.

Uncanny Betsy was great but Im still waiting on her to get a oneshot/mini

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I hear ya. But I'm just saying that I speak fluent Japanese, and have a Japanese accent when I do having lived there for 6 years. But I'm a Philly kid from Jump, and speak like a native from Philly constantly. So people can change, flip, or adapt to their location while maintaining their original accent. The thing about accent is it's fluidity based on the speaker. So I agree with ya on that.
    Not that this has been addressed but Betsy was a super model and operative for an international intelligence agency. She's more trained in speech patterns than a typical person and would have an easier time changing things up based on her environment

ETA:

lol...she's pressed that Warren abandoned her. I do love that she has a voice and is included in the strategy meeting with the other big guns of the X-men
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-15-2018 at 04:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Uncanny Betsy was great but Im still waiting on her to get a oneshot/mini

Not that this has been addressed but Betsy was a super model and operative for an international intelligence agency. She's more trained in speech patterns than a typical person and would have an easier time changing things up based on her environment

ETA:

lol...she's pressed that Warren abandoned her. I do love that she has a voice and is included in the strategy meeting with the other big guns of the X-men
    I read Betsy' lines and it read as English for me, and PROPER UK English at that. Also her and that Coffee are Bae ( I hate that term, lol.)

I read Betsy' lines and it read as English for me, and PROPER UK English at that. Also her and that Coffee are Bae ( I hate that term, lol.)
    was it the use of the word love? That did it for me bc Americans dont typically use it like that

Yes, finally Jean and Betsy interacting on panel for the first time in 18 years!

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

so glad her hair looks amazing haha
    nice that they mentioned her Bro

BANNED

was it the use of the word love? That did it for me bc Americans dont typically use it like that
    It was actually Loon. Love is a common trope. But Loon was the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yes, finally Jean and Betsy interacting on panel for the first time in 18 years!
    I know right??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    so glad her hair looks amazing haha
    nice that they mentioned her Bro
    Agreed on both accounts!

Taz - Yeah I've always read Betsy's lines as British in my head. I also speak some Spanish and have been told by natives that I speak it very well. I'm American and I hate when some Americans speak it and it sounds so...American lol. Roll your freaking Rs people for starters!!! Oh and I loved her with the coffee too lol.

God we're so basic lol

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm gonna redesign her suit tomorrow incorporating elements of both costumes. Since I didn't even know there was an alternate look.

Wow this is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Just finished reading the issue. I really liked it for a set-up. It sets well the mysteries and the main cast.

I absolutely love the art and the way Betsy looks. Her civilian clothes are just so on point. Stylish and sexy. I'm glad she's still a physical fighter. And I do really enjoy her new weapons. Can't wait to follow the story.

I'm happy they chose the costume instead the other armoured and hooded concept. I prefer Betsy looking sleek and light with her (gorgeous) hair down.

Could someone make and avatar for me out of this image? The one with Betsy wielding her new weapons? One where we see more her face but with a little bit of her sword and butterfly? I'm very bad at this.
    Attachment 73776
    I love the sword and shield and I like the emphasis on her accent.

Here ya go Mental.

wow! perfection! cheers.

I like the preview. She has, so far, a unique voice and ironic tone in this that pleases me. I do agree thought that they shouldn't overuse "bloody".

Her hair looked better for me in the first issue though. Longer, fuller and more lavender.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-16-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Anyone notice how in the preview Betsy is wearing a midriff in one shot and in the next page, its a long shirt past her belly, like the other X-women?

Have Betsy and Polaris interacted in the past? I googled and saw Betsy with Malice and Betsy knifing a Shadow King controlled Lorna, but not her and a sane Lorna that wasnt possessed. I hope they do now that both are X-men on the new volume of UXM
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-16-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Anyone notice how in the preview Betsy is wearing a midriff in one shot and in the next page, its a long shirt past her belly, like the other X-women?
    I noticed as well.

Have Betsy and Polaris interacted in the past? I googled and saw Betsy with Malice and Betsy knifing a Shadow King controlled Lorna, but not her and a sane Lorna that wasnt possessed. I hope they do now that both are X-men on the new volume of UXM
    Hmmm, those are also the only two instances I can recall them interacting. If they have interacted another time, the only thing I can think of is maybe X-cutioner's Song? But yes, I'd love to see them interact. Since Jean is gonna whisk away Betsy's original bestie, Ororo, then Betsy can whisk away Lorna, Jean's original bestie.

On a more serious note, I'd love to see them all hanging out casually. They'd look great at the very least all side by side with their different colored hair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I noticed as well.

Hmmm, those are also the only two instances I can recall them interacting. If they have interacted another time, the only thing I can think of is maybe X-cutioner's Song? But yes, I'd love to see them interact. Since Jean is gonna whisk away Betsy's original bestie, Ororo, then Betsy can whisk away Lorna, Jean's original bestie.

On a more serious note, I'd love to see them all hanging out casually. They'd look great at the very least all side by side with their different colored hair lol.
    Yeah but Psylocke + Dazzler are Besties as well...
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Yeah but Psylocke + Dazzler are Besties as well...
    Darn, how could I forget Betsy and Ali?! Even though she became Betsy's second bestie during the Outback era, she's definitely more fun than Ororo!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

That works also. I'm gonna draw an adaptation of Asrars suit tonight.
    Cool, can't wait to see the Tazirai-fied enhanced version. I'll probably put something up over in the Draw Me a Psylocke thread this weekend.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin