Page 785 of 820 FirstFirst ... 285685735775781782783784785786787788789795 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 12295
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    cool. but what are the rumours then?
    That she’ll be winding down Mr. & Mrs. X, and launching Adjectiveless with either Jacinto or Larraz. But it’s still up in the air because of her current work load.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Leah talks about the Psylocke/Kwannon stuff with so much passion and knowledge! I really hope she gets to write both of them one day soon.

http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18031...tsy-tho-i-mean

http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18031...orried-writers

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That she’ll be winding down Mr. & Mrs. X, and launching Adjectiveless with either Jacinto or Larraz. But it’s still up in the air because of her current work load.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Leah talks about the Psylocke/Kwannon stuff with so much passion and knowledge! I really hope she gets to write both of them one day soon.

I really hope so too.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18031...orried-writers
    I've spoken to her on Twitter. I do like her writing style. But I would like to see more Dynamism between Psylocke and Kwannon. They move apart from each other in look, powerset, and capability. But also NO Kwannon as anti-hero or villain. Yes, Asians or nor other people should be immune from being the badguy. But we seriously don't have a good roadmap of great non asian Villains at Marvel. DC does, but Marvel has a way to go.

I hope Kwannon goes back to have black hair. A very japanese outfit, maybe in black, red and orange. As the powerset she can have a similar one to Betsy but maybe with different colours. Orange would be cool.

do you guys think Betsy re-created her body with real purple hair or is she still blonde requiring regular dye jobs? What's betsy eye color? seems to be purple as well in uncanny .....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Nice to see Leah's thoughts on the Psylocke/Revanche situation. I think that Revanche will go back to her natural hair color as she only dyed it purple because she truly thought she was Betsy until the legacy virus enhanced her abilities enough to where she was able to realize who she truly was.

There's no question she will still be a ninja, probably wielding the katana. She's obviously still an empath/telepath able to create psychic weapons.

The question is whether or not she possesses telekinesis. I don't think she will have it tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I hope Kwannon goes back to have black hair. A very japanese outfit, maybe in black, red and orange. As the powerset she can have a similar one to Betsy but maybe with different colours. Orange would be cool.
    We agree on a lot of things. But having lived in Japan for 6 years. I say no to stereotypes of Japanese clothing. They dress pretty much like the rest of us. Kimonos and such are usually reserved for Matsuris and ancestor ceremonies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    do you guys think Betsy re-created her body with real purple hair or is she still blonde requiring regular dye jobs? What's betsy eye color? seems to be purple as well in uncanny .....
    Psylocke's natural eyes are blue. Her cybernetic eyes are purple. She altered the blonde of her hair to be genetically purple in the new body.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Psylocke's natural eyes are blue. Her cybernetic eyes are purple. She altered the blonde of her hair to be genetically purple in the new body.
    I thought Jamie made her hair naturally purple after her resurrection?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I thought Jamie made her hair naturally purple after her resurrection?
    Considering that her hair continued to be colored black, I dont think he did. Even if he did though that's irrelevant as the body she is in is something she created and she made it genetically purple

Telekinetic excalibur and shields?

This reeks of editorial mandate. Like they've decided to crank the wheel in as far the opposite direction as humanly possible. So I guess Betsy's time as a ninja is effectively gone as if it never happened.

All these years I assumed Betsy used katanas because she had come to prefer that fighting style, but I guess not. Now that she's regained her English body, it's broadswords and shields and medieval combat. BECAUSE SHE'S BRITISH AND IN NO WAY A NINJA ANYMORE!

I get Marvel wants to distance Betsy away from the 'yellow-face' stigma--and I guess plans to do something with Kwannon for some reason--but I had hoped they would handle it a little more organically and with a bit more grace.
    This is a sledgehammer haphazardly thrown through a window.

Ah well...I guess I should just be glad she's still a fighter at all. When they first switched her back, I was afraid they'd regress her to point where she wasn't even a physical combatant anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Telekinetic excalibur and shields?

This reeks of editorial mandate. Like they've decided to crank the wheel in as far the opposite direction as humanly possible. So I guess Betsy's time as a ninja is effectively gone as if it never happened.

All these years I assumed Betsy used katanas because she had come to prefer that fighting style, but I guess not. Now that she's regained her English body, it's broadswords and shields and medieval combat. BECAUSE SHE'S BRITISH AND IN NO WAY A NINJA ANYMORE!

I get Marvel wants to distance Betsy away from the 'yellow-face' stigma--and I guess plans to do something with Kwannon for some reason--but I had hoped they would handle it a little more organically and with a bit more grace.
    This is a sledgehammer haphazardly thrown through a window.

Ah well...I guess I should just be glad she's still a fighter at all. When they first switched her back, I was afraid they'd regress her to point where she wasn't even a physical combatant anymore.
    JDW has confirmed that she is still a ninja and we've already seen her wield the psi-knife that she gained after becoming one. As she said in UXM #1, she's experimenting with new psi-weapons. Nothing different than what she was doing in Xmen v4

We agree on a lot of things. But having lived in Japan for 6 years. I say no to stereotypes of Japanese clothing. They dress pretty much like the rest of us. Kimonos and such are usually reserved for Matsuris and ancestor ceremonies.
    Of course Japanese people don't walk around in traditional clothes. But this is a comic book. We can have some fun with it! Sunfire's classic costume for exemple is great and very derivative of the flag. heck, you're the one who loves the armored knight inspired look for a British character right? Fantasy is allowed in comics.

And I would want her in something inspired by Japanese culture in general (modern or traditional), not a replica of some costume.

I like when they colours her hair and eyes light purple.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    JDW has confirmed that she is still a ninja and we've already seen her wield the psi-knife that she gained after becoming one. As she said in UXM #1, she's experimenting with new psi-weapons. Nothing different than what she was doing in Xmen v4

For perspective: