Page 786 of 820 FirstFirst ... 286686736776782783784785786787788789790796 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 12295
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A question I often asked with Green Lantern, so I'll ask here as well as it relates to Betsy: Why a gun and not a grenade? Why a grenade and not the psionic equivalent of an electromagnetic pulse with a wide area burst radius that only harms the enemy? Being that she's a powerful telepath it wouldn't be difficult for her to do. So why just a gun?

And when did Betsy become familiar with assault weapons in the first place? Just curious.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Of course Japanese people don't walk around in traditional clothes. But this is a comic book. We can have some fun with it! Sunfire's classic costume for exemple is great and very derivative of the flag. heck, you're the one who loves the armored knight inspired look for a British character right? Fantasy is allowed in comics.

And I would want her in something inspired by Japanese culture in general (modern or traditional), not a replica of some costume.

I like when they colours her hair and eyes light purple.
    I hear ya. I just hate minority stereotpes, even though Japanese are not one. Just in the context of America.

As far as Fantasy goes. Anything goes.

As far as Psylocke being a Psychic knight. I'm almost finished my piece from Mahmuds concept.
    Let me know what ya think after I post it. :P Might be a little different than it comes across.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    A question I often asked with Green Lantern, so I'll ask here as well as it relates to Betsy: Why a gun and not a grenade? Why a grenade and not the psionic equivalent of an electromagnetic pulse with a wide area burst radius that only harms the enemy? Being that she's a powerful telepath it wouldn't be difficult for her to do. So why just a gun?

And when did Betsy become familiar with assault weapons in the first place? Just curious.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool
    Gun Fu

BANNED

Another render of Psylocke this time her unused (so far) design by Asrar, done by jprp83 on instagram.

If I remember correctly, ultimate Betsy had something similar to that! I think it was some sort of psychic grenade that worked the same way as her psychoblast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post

Another render of Psylocke this time her unused (so far) design by Asrar, done by jprp83 on instagram.
    Love it. Still working on my armoured version.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Haven’t the foggiest, but I think Claremont wanted to include the psi-knife in her arsenal, and later a katana, because it gave her mutant powers a visual kick, that distinguished herself from other telepaths at the time. As far as her use of other psi-weapons, I guess writers just wanted to make her more “lethal”.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Where do you find these unused designs? I’d love to see more of them.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

BANNED

I love it. That mini cape is being served here.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

The gatling gun was probably a step too far. She should stick with the knife, sword/shield and the longbow.

Psylocke_bow.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    For perspective:

Why did you bring this up? We were trying to forget it.

Betsy used pretty much almost the same gun that Ripley used in Aliens during X-tinction Agenda. She also used a hand gun in Uncanny X-Force to assassinate Archangel when she decided that he was beyond saving.

Beautiful.

This is phenomenal. The little psychic butterflies are a great touch.

Looks like the writers dont consider Psylocke to be a flier in UXM. She wasnt flying with the rest of the team in that one preview image and in UXM #2, spoilers:
    she hitches a ride from Cannonball
    end of spoilers

She had a decent amount of lines this issue but I felt like she was kind of just saying the same thing over and over again in different ways? Like, we get it girl, you can't read Jamie's mind lol.

We got a Polaris/Psylocke moment though so that was fun.