Page 9 of 820 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Woulda been nice if my favorite psi witch was in there. Man they gotta stop sleeping on Betsy. I thought she was super popular? Whats the deal?
    I suppose she did have a Legends figure not too long ago. But still, so did some of those....

This is a cute costume design.

http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/...-of-some-x-men

I'm not crazy about it because of the puffy pants, but it's nice.

Here is hoping that Pak and Guggenheim remember the Stormlocke BFF-iness <3 <3 <3....

Storm + Betsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Here is hoping that Pak and Guggenheim remember the Stormlocke BFF-iness <3 <3 <3....

Storm + Betsy.jpg
    Storm always had such a strong tie to psychics lol but I do hope Guggenheim delivers for both characters. I heard of his Young X-men series being canceled after 13 issues which leaves me a little worried.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post

Storm + Betsy.jpg
    Agreed. One of the things that always bugged me about Wood's X-men is how much it lacked Stormlocke BFF moments, except for the latest issue. It's especially dissappointing considering how he depicted their relationship in his first X-men run.

I feel like Storm/Psylocke were basically nonexistent in Wood's X-Men. I can only remember her creating random TK weapons, and that's it.

BANNED

I know people think of Psylocke and Allison as BFF's. But Psylocke, Storm, and Logan have always been the closest of them all. Logan i'd say even more so than Storm. He saw the fire in her heart, even when the body didn't match it. He gave her the chance even after putting her down. Storm followed suit. Even her and Magneto have a tit for tat MUCH older Brother/Sister bond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I know people think of Psylocke and Allison as BFF's. But Psylocke, Storm, and Logan have always been the closest of them all. Logan i'd say even more so than Storm. He saw the fire in her heart, even when the body didn't match it. He gave her the chance even after putting her down. Storm followed suit. Even her and Magneto have a tit for tat MUCH older Brother/Sister bond.
    She is one of the few that seems to have a good relationship with EVERYONE. From Colossus to Rachel to X-23 she really has bonded with everyone she has interacted with. Even Jean...I cannot think of any X-man, save her current X-force teams when she became a blood-lustful killer that she has had an antagonistic relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I feel like Storm/Psylocke were basically nonexistent in Wood's X-Men. I can only remember her creating random TK weapons, and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Agreed. One of the things that always bugged me about Wood's X-men is how much it lacked Stormlocke BFF moments, except for the latest issue. It's especially dissappointing considering how he depicted their relationship in his first X-men run.
    I agree with you both. I had such high hopes for Wood in X-Men and that we would have some really strong Stormlocke moments. I think we did get a good one in the last issue of X-Men where Betsy was given Ororo a much needed pep-talk and reminder of who she was, but I am hoping that we get some kick-a$$ moments of them together in combat. We have a couple of more issues from Wood, so I hope that he tries to do something worthwhile for these characters despite his lack of interest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Storm always had such a strong tie to psychics lol but I do hope Guggenheim delivers for both characters. I heard of his Young X-men series being canceled after 13 issues which leaves me a little worried.
    Yeah that is concerning. I hope he brings his A game and it's up to representing the female team as a powerful, effective, and cohesive team of veteran X-Men, and that all of them get an opportunity to shine. And hopefully Betsy will get some appearances in Storm's solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    She is one of the few that seems to have a good relationship with EVERYONE. From Colossus to Rachel to X-23 she really has bonded with everyone she has interacted with. Even Jean...I cannot think of any X-man, save her current X-force teams when she became a blood-lustful killer that she has had an antagonistic relationship with.
    Agreed. When you start off as an X-men and go through what she tends to go through, it's not hard making friends.

Speaking of Storm and Psylocke, I'd never noticed before but it looks like Storm's hand is on Psylocke's bum in the Dexter Soy panel.

http://ucarim.tumblr.com/post/751098...-by-ron-garney

Cheeky!

Between Psylocke, Storm, Jean, Logan Kitty, etc. I'd say a lot of the older X-men have several friends.

Ultimate Member

I doubt that her hand is actually supposed to be there, remember there was a panel of two of the younger mutants in a pipe that looked like they were about to kiss and the artist later said that wasn't what was going on in the panel, besides which if you have Storm playing for both teams she's seemed to have gone for the non X-ladies in the past...

As for Wood, his book will pretty much end up as being all about the gender of the members of the team more than anything, Betsy's time in the current version of X-Force could be described as badly wanting to get away from an ex but Marvel not letting her because they think that it's cool to see them on the same team.

I will say your commitment to somehow always route a conversation back to Betsy and Fanto is astounding. Kudos on that.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-11-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well I didn't mention his name, and much of the reason that she was on Wood's team was her gender, I was just trying to show that lately her reasons for being on any of the teams has been bad at best...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I will say your commitment to somehow always route a conversation back to Betsy and Fanto is astounding. Kudos on that.
    To be fair, her time with Fan-boy has been a major part of hrr history for the past 2 years so he will be tied to her for a while longet.
    His inclusion in X-force I feel is, as I see it, the X-universe does not have a lot of "gunners" to use. The have killers, but gun users are rather rare. Only Deadpool (whom is currently on overused status and it seemed Marvel is limiting his use...thank you), Maverick (dead), Cable, Domino (incoming), and Bishop (going to US) are the ones that spring to mind.
    Fant fits the hole and good or bad, until they leave the military/mercenary part behind in the title he is the easiest to throw in the role. As long as Psylocke stays popular and a killer...bloodlust character on the same team, their connection will be revisited. At least Spur seems to be dissolving the flirty and going straight for the disgust.