Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snyderman View Post
    I never cared for Hellion, so it didn't bother me that Laura dumped his ass. Angel and her are a tiny bit more interesting of a couple than. I also didn't think Laura was "character-assasinated" just because one popular ship was destroyed.
    It's cool that you didn't like Hellion, but you can't say she wasn't out of character when she dumped him, because she clearly was. Nothing up to the break up even hinted that she'd ever treat Hellion like an empty can of soda; especially if you read the first issue of that solo series. Hellion was definitely character assassinated tho, by every x-character in that arc, and the writer; hell, even before that with the Karima situation.

Also, while I guess this is all subjective, I simply can't agree that Larren is a more interesting pairing when said pairing is literally a slapping together of two characters for no reason, and neither add anything to the other. Laura's character hasn't grown because of her "relationship" with Warren, and vice versa, while Julian and Laura both clearly benefited as characters from each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    It's cool that you didn't like Hellion, but you can't say she wasn't out of character when she dumped him, because she clearly was. Nothing up to the break up even hinted that she'd ever treat Hellion like an empty can of soda; especially if you read the first issue of that solo series. Hellion was definitely character assassinated tho, by every x-character in that arc, and the writer; hell, even before that with the Karima situation.

Also, while I guess this is all subjective, I simply can't agree that Larren is a more interesting pairing when said pairing is literally a slapping together of two characters for no reason, and neither add anything to the other. Laura's character hasn't grown because of her "relationship" with Warren, and vice versa, while Julian and Laura both clearly benefited as characters from each other.
    Agreed. The entire point of X's solo series was to explore her humanity, and yet the entire Babysitting Arc sees her revert to ice cold in her treatment of Hellion for NO GOOD REASON. She hadn't seen him in what was probably months, he's actively reaching out to her (not well, admittedly, but he was clearly reaching out for help). If ANYONE should have empathized with him and been willing to listen, it would have been Laura. Liu gives her a throwaway line with Gambit at the end of the arc in which she SAYS she still cares for Hellion, but she never once in that arc showed it.

While I can see where X might find Warren interesting — mainly in his speech about wanting to take control of his own life, which is something she CAN relate to — the entire relationship really did come out of nowhere. Laura and Warren maybe had one panel of interaction prior to the Brotherhood arc, which IIRC consisted entirely of Warren catching her when she got defenestrated during the fight against Stryker. And then at the beginning and conclusion of the Brotherhood arc he's suddenly all over pursuing her. More reason why I think the arc was planned for Teen!Scott and had to be changed at the last minute when the Cyclops solo was announced (and probably an executive mandate that Scott and Jean be put back together).

BANNED

Well their relationship just started last issue on ANXM with no prior development whatsoever (cept a random hook up), so I don't any kind of growth happening, considering Bendis is Bendis all growth will happen offscreen, If it's humphries I have no idea what to expect, Believe I don't! ON the other hand Laura is kind of an A lister ATM (thanks to ANXM like it or hate it, being in an A list book really helps and she's just a bit OOC so no problem as of now) so the options for dating would be:
    -Some guy (Hellion) becoming a satellite love interest and by that I'd mean the boyfriend and nothing else, thus randomly appearing in ANXM to hang out with Laura with ppl saying "who df is that guy?", not so easy plus I'd mean the writer has to use Him, and I don't know were to put Hellion tbh, maybe B to C list?
    -Laura dating someone from the book, easy as bird pie
    -Laura leaving an A list book with an A list cast, also happens to be a top selling book of the X line with the benefit of 100% survival rate post secret wars (for her confirmed), to a B or C list book (that could use her to boost sales tough), so that a writer can re open an storyline that some biased writer closed already, and doesn't guarantee that their relationship will come back, and if it does it might lock Laura in a B list book, altough with the powers of multitasking inherited from wolverine she might pull that off. But it might risk her characterization
    -A mini were they talk and do stuff that exes do, talk about what they used to feel and in what posiiton they're now both of them say that they've moved on (Hellion with shark girl and Laura with Warren) and Hellion says "what, young warren, really? that's weird" and Laura gives him a death glare, it'd be just for closure tough, then Laura goes back with the cool guys (O5) and Hellion return to , to, does he have some book to return to?

BANNED

I think X could easily handle appearing in multiple books. After all, as you said it's part of her dad's power set. Plus with as wacky as the timeline has been, anyway, who KNOWS when all the different books are set in relation to each other.

Keep her on the A-list team book; it's great exposure. But give her a solo, too, where you could have more freedom to explore.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-26-2015 at 07:03 PM.

BANNED

See I don't think Laura treated Hellion as badly as many of you people are saying. Also many of you are forgetting how much of douche Hellion's reaction was after Laura revealed she no longer had strong romantic feelings towards him, towards a boy who became more darker and aggressive since second coming. Some of you will say his outburst was out of character, but after reading x-men comics since that character's creation, it seemed in-character for me. I wish Liu's run had more of a lasting lifespan. I think I remeber in an interview long ago she had more plans in regards to X-23 and Hellion, as well as Black Widow mentoring her.

BANNED

See I don't think Laura treated Hellion as badly as many of you people are saying. Also many of you are forgetting how much of douche Hellion's reaction was after Laura revealed she no longer had strong romantic feelings towards him, towards a boy who became more darker and aggressive since second coming. Some of you will say his outburst was out of character, but after reading x-men comics since that character's creation, it seemed in-character for me. I wish Liu's run had more of a lasting lifespan. I think I remeber in an interview long ago she had more plans in regards to X-23 and Hellion, as well as Black Widow mentoring her.
    Yeah, a long-term team-up between Laura and Nat would have been AWESOME, because they're a lot alike on a number of levels. They could be partners in an espionage thriller. And I REALLY want to know what the deal with the cloaked woman from Madripoor and Paris is supposed to be. I was really hoping she'd turn up as part of Weapon X or Wolverines, connected somehow to the Paradise experiments.

The problem with Hellion's outburst is what lead up TO it. Wolverine and Gambit had NO business treating the kid like they did. It made them come across as TREMENDOUS hypocrites when you consider all of the things that THEY did as X-Men. Even Cyclops having him locked up was over the line. Hellion did what he did because he HAD to. Karima would have killed everyone had he not acted, AND he did it because SHE BEGGED HIM TO. And what, people were pissed off because he wasn't remorseful enough? Considering all the hell he's gone through — Stryker and his Purifiers murdered his friends, Deathstrike nearly killed him, he lost his hands protecting Utopia AND San Francisco from Bastion — I know I'D find it hard to have remorse if the only way I could stop more people from dying was to kill someone begging to be put out their misery before they could pull the trigger themselves.

I'm frankly amazed that MORE X-teens don't go bonkers or undergo a total Face-Heel Turn. The X-Men not only have a piss-poor track record protecting their kids, but even making sure they're coping mentally and emotionally. The Xavier School (all iterations) really ought to have a damn full-time psychiatrist on staff.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-26-2015 at 07:34 PM.

'

I dunno what prior characterisation of him supports him being abusive towards women. Not to mention that he's in the next issue standing in a bush, staring at her. Not hiding mind you, they see him and look back at him and he does not care. She's just told to ignore him by his teachers. What part of that made you want to see more of Lui's Hellion?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Well their relationship just started last issue on ANXM with no prior development whatsoever (cept a random hook up), so I don't any kind of growth happening, considering Bendis is Bendis all growth will happen offscreen, If it's humphries I have no idea what to expect, Believe I don't! ON the other hand Laura is kind of an A lister ATM (thanks to ANXM like it or hate it, being in an A list book really helps and she's just a bit OOC so no problem as of now) so the options for dating would be:
    -Some guy (Hellion) becoming a satellite love interest and by that I'd mean the boyfriend and nothing else, thus randomly appearing in ANXM to hang out with Laura with ppl saying "who df is that guy?", not so easy plus I'd mean the writer has to use Him, and I don't know were to put Hellion tbh, maybe B to C list?
    -Laura dating someone from the book, easy as bird pie
    -Laura leaving an A list book with an A list cast, also happens to be a top selling book of the X line with the benefit of 100% survival rate post secret wars (for her confirmed), to a B or C list book (that could use her to boost sales tough), so that a writer can re open an storyline that some biased writer closed already, and doesn't guarantee that their relationship will come back, and if it does it might lock Laura in a B list book, altough with the powers of multitasking inherited from wolverine she might pull that off. But it might risk her characterization
    -A mini were they talk and do stuff that exes do, talk about what they used to feel and in what posiiton they're now both of them say that they've moved on (Hellion with shark girl and Laura with Warren) and Hellion says "what, young warren, really? that's weird" and Laura gives him a death glare, it'd be just for closure tough, then Laura goes back with the cool guys (O5) and Hellion return to , to, does he have some book to return to?
    Or...they can do the obvious and have the O5 *le gasp* actually interact with the other students. This something of an obviously missed opportunity that Bendis overlooked cuz reasonz. This way the NXM get more exposure in the ANXM books, and Laura can realize that Julian still exists.

Also, an X-kid book can be made into a top tier book, if Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel can. It just needs a writer that has clout, respect for the characters, actually wants to write them and/or is a good storyteller. Good art also helps, and Marvel has a plethora of good artists.

That's the thing. Laura no longer having romantic feelings for him doesn't make sense, when she left on her journey partly because of her wanting to grow as a person for him.

"a boy who became more darker and aggressive since second coming"

Yes, the same boy that put his own issues aside to stand up for, and comforted, Laura after the other students turned on her for being part of the X-Force. It wasn't necessarily not out of character for him to be angry like that, but he, more than most others, knows that Laura doesn't respond to outbursts like that; she's not your normal human being, and he's spent enough time around her that he knows he needs to be rather patient, or at least more sensible (which he was even after he got his hands blown off). He'd be terse, defensive and rude? Sure, but not overbearing, and stalking her.

Maybe it was due to time constraints, but, regardless, both characters were clearly written to be versions of themselves without their development, and growth, for that arc.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 05-26-2015 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

Or...they can do the obvious and have the O5 *le gasp* actually interact with the other students. This something of an obviously missed opportunity that Bendis overlooked cuz reasonz. This way the NXM get more exposure in the ANXM books, and Laura can realize that Julian still exists.
    Also, an X-kid book can be made into a top tier book, if Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel can. It just needs a writer that has clout, respect for the characters, actually wants to write them and/or is a good storyteller. Good art also helps, and Marvel has a plethora of good artists.
    Yeah, I know that's a missed opportunity, if they've had stayed in JGS they might've become regulars in WatXm, or appearing ocassionally, but the JGS had the lame students. Jean hung around with some girls of the the NXS and also chit chatted with QQ (lame). BUt overall since they're in a bunker in the middle of canada I higly doubt they'll get the chance to get to know the younger generations, plus they kind of screwed them over since they became the top teen students and all the other kids got back into limbo. Actually ANXM kinds of proves that introducing a group as the next generation will fail miserably since the generation past became the most popular book. Oh and also I think marvel doesn't care about promting another book of teen X men

With Laura now Wolverine it is only proper that Julian becomes the All new All Differentg Phoenix

the cycle must continue!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    With Laura now Wolverine it is only proper that Julian becomes the All new All Differentg Phoenix

the cycle must continue!
    I'd prefer is he becomes green lantern or Ion or someone related to the green lantern corps, he has green power signature to pull it

BANNED

They were never together that was just some crap Marjorie Liu made up, Hellion didn't like X-23 that way he was scared of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    They were never together that was just some crap Marjorie Liu made up, Hellion didn't like X-23 that way he was scared of her.
    You might wanna reread Yost's NXM and X-Force run....Hellion fell HARD....he was scared at first but then he fell hard.

He even admitted in a previous X-Postion that he still ships them,
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    You might wanna reread Yost's NXM and X-Force run....Hellion fell HARD....he was scared at first but then he fell hard.

He even admitted in a previous X-Postion that he still ships them,
    One reason KYost is on my short list for writers of an X-Verine solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    One reason KYost is on my short list for writers of an X-Verine solo series.
    i think it would awesome if they got the opening run for Xverine. Things coming full circle if you will.