Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Afterlife with Archie, #8

MATURE READERS
    Contrary to popular belief, the current zombie outbreak is not the first time a shadow fell across Riverdale and its citizens. As the survivors hunker down in a hotel to wait out a snowstorm, Hiram Lodge and Mary Andrews relive the darkest chapter of their town's history. Ten years ago, the adults of Riverdale struck a terrible bargain with the witches of Greendale, setting the stage for the present-day apocalypse.

Full article here.

Finally. Cannot wait. This book is so good and I am so glad it's back.

BANNED

Mrs. Andrews looks like the sister of Archie. Didn't expect this sort of shoddy pencilling from Franceso... for a moment I thought he was with Cheryl

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Finally. Cannot wait. This book is so good and I am so glad it's back.
    If memory serves, the original cover to #8 had Betty being chased through a snowy landscape by Jugdead in a Santa costume. Needless to say, that had to go. Still, I'm glad the book is back too.

c85b530f6696066c49ce87f76f3e9e55.jpg
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That was a good cover, but I don't think either of the covers we got are worse.

Great issue. I didn't have any problems with the art, like someone else. I thought this carried it's usual level of quality, and extra pages this issue is nice. Hope the book stays a bit more on track from here on out.

BANNED

Finally read this after taking a break from all comics. This was one of the series that brings me back.

Great read. I just love the creepy and somber atmosphere of this book. Though I continue to question the choice about the title of this arc, and the way it telegraphs what's going to happen. Will that make the inevitable twist more effective, or less?

Also, while Mr Lodge is clearly a dick who we're meant to hate, I found myself agreeing with him on one point. Kevin was being a coward in abstaining. There was nothing brave or moral about it.