Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who should the villain of the next Batman film be?

So, we'll be getting a new Batman in Batman v Superman, and it's inevitable that he'll eventually get a solo film. What villain do you think they should use in the next solo film? I know were getting Joker in Suicide Squad but I'm hoping they'll hold off on him for the next Batman film. So, who should the villain be? Black Mask? The Court of Owls? Hush? Maybe...Bat-Mite?
    Last edited by William300; 04-30-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Riddler....since he's not been done right so far.

I'm always gonna push mainer rogues over lesser ones, if the main one hasn't been done adequately.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-30-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Riddler....since he's not been done right so far.

I'm always gonna push mainer rogues over lesser ones, if the main one hasn't been done adequately.
    This is my choice as well. I feel like Riddler is too often played like a joke (Jim Carrey). He's not the biggest or most menacing rogue, but he's not that awkward either (Gotham). He's intellectual, arrogant, but with a flair and style.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This is my choice as well. I feel like Riddler is too often played like a joke (Jim Carrey). He's not the biggest or most menacing rogue, but he's not that awkward either (Gotham). He's intellectual, arrogant, but with a flair and style.
    Those Arkham City games strike a good balance as far as Riddler....classic enough, modern enough. I'd hope a movie would go that route. He just needs his Heath Ledger, his live action equivalent of John Glover (hell Glover might even still be young enough!!).

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Those Arkham City games strike a good balance as far as Riddler....classic enough, modern enough. I'd hope a movie would go that route. He just needs his Heath Ledger, his live action equivalent of John Glover (hell Glover might even still be young enough!!).
    John Glover?

And I never played the Arkham games, how was Riddler in those? Better than that Arkham Suicide Squad movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    John Glover?

And I never played the Arkham games, how was Riddler in those? Better than that Arkham Suicide Squad movie?
    John Glover (Lex's Lionel from Smallville) excellently voiced Riddler in BTAS. Older now, but could probably still work in the role.

Riddler is great in those games. Best comparison is Heath's Joker....this Riddler is more punk/grungy looking with boots & loose suspenders and unkempt look and such. See Google Images. Played up the hacker side. Using screens to monitor the city and his traps and his success.

I'd actually like to see a more Sci-fi batman this go around. Use a villain like mister freeze or maybe do Hugo strange and the monster men.
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 04-30-2015 at 03:18 PM.

John Glover (Lex's Lionel from Smallville) excellently voiced Riddler in BTAS. Older now, but could probably still work in the role.

Riddler is great in those games. Best comparison is Heath's Joker....this Riddler is more punk/grungy looking with boots & loose suspenders and unkempt look and such. See Google Images. Played up the hacker side. Using screens to monitor the city and his traps and his success.
    Sounds good. And B:TAS had a good Riddler even beyond the voice (never saw Smallville).

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd love to see someone like Man-Bat or the Mad Hatter but I think a better writer could turn the Court of Owls story into a great movie as well.

BANNED

I was hoping for Black Mask (who took over Gotham's crime during Batman's retirement) with Deadshot as the secondary villain (unlikely because of the Suicide Squad film). I'd also like to see a version of Mr. Freeze, or maybe even Deathstroke.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'd love to see someone like Man-Bat or the Mad Hatter but I think a better writer could turn the Court of Owls story into a great movie as well.
    I agree. With a good writer, the Court of Owls has the potential to be a good story for a live-action movie. Maybe a few changes in some areas.

Otherwise, I agree the Riddler should be the next main villain.

........The Joker
    I mean he's already in the universe as are most of Batman's other villains
    The Joker is the only one who has been cast and is going to have his backstory fleshed out
    yeah go for it
    Make the villain Joker

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wanted the Riddler in the Nolan films, before he made it a damn trilogy just like every thing else. That's my favorite BATMAN villain and I love the Nolan films (even if the politics of them blows).

For the new trilogy I'd like something never before seen. A more serious Riddler, Maxie Zeus, Two-Face, any of these. Save the Joker for a Hannibal Lector type that makes a big break eventually.

1) Hush
    2) Black Glove.
    3) Court of Owl.

I would love to see a Batman movie where he has to tackle a whole organization of villains instead of just of one or two.