Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The end of the red banner at the bottom of the covers?!

I'm noticing with the new cover previews, the red banner at the bottom are no more!!!

Is this signifying a new era of Marvel?!

BANNED

Help. Can't tell if you are happy or sad about this!?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Help. Can't tell if you are happy or sad about this!?
    It throws off my order obsession, but I'm cool with it as long as the new cover layout doesn't scrunch the art.

Thank Odin! I never liked that banner anyways. Then again, I also dont like the bar code either. I like how some indie books keep it on the back cover. Stop covering up the cover art Marvel, its usually better then whats inaide the book itself.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda glad that it's going away. I found that it took away from the cover rather than add anything significant to it.

I've noticed it is being phased out as well. It's has been slowly being dropped over the past couple of months so now most of my pullist doesn't include it. In fact, I think Wolverines was the only one last week. I like the look of a clean, sharp cover such as I saw with the last Superior Iron Man cover

BANNED

Good bloody riddance imo! Look at the cover for New Avengers #33; beautiful painting, marred by big ugly red banner at the bottom. They could have at least put it in a neutral colour. Personally, I hope there are no banners post-SW. I don't see a need for every comic to convene to the same look, in fact I quite like it when they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Good bloody riddance imo! Look at the cover for New Avengers #33; beautiful painting, marred by big ugly red banner at the bottom. They could have at least put it in a neutral colour. Personally, I hope there are no banners post-SW. I don't see a need for every comic to convene to the same look, in fact I quite like it when they don't.
    I was just going to post the same thing. I was going to purchase a physical copy of New Avengers 33 along with my digital version because I love that cover so much, but I decided against it because the giant red banner took too much away from the art.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Now if only they could remove the pretentious three-digit numbering . . . everyone knows they're never going to really need it unless they suddenly add up four-to-six runs to try and come up with an impressive issue number they really didn't achieve!

I believe the last issue of the current Thor that had the red banner showed it fading away....that was a nice touch. But yeah, I prefer these complete covers without that banner (event the upcoming Secret Wars books are better by just having a little Secret Wars logo on a corner).

Time for new branding, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Time for new branding, I guess.
    The Marvel 52?

Amazing Member

I hope so! I'm not a fan of the red banner, it takes up so much space from the beautiful covers! Plus, it prevents me from grabbing a second print if I have the first print of a previous issue since they're always of a different color.
    Last edited by CookieVonDoom; 05-01-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieVonDoom View Post
    . . . Plus, it prevents me from grabbing a second print if I have the first print of a previous issue since they're always of a different color.
    Isn't that a good thing if you only want first print run issues?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't that a good thing if you only want first print run issues?
    I did find myself avoiding the blue and green and orange banners, I have to admit