Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What is your opinion on the retcon of Molecule Man? (SPOILERS)

of him being a singular being across all universes created by the beyonders as a time bomb

no other marvel character in the multiverse is like him

what do you think

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Like Owie doesn't have enough to be neurotic about?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

He was always a very important character well at least in the original Secret Wars so I have no objection.

Fantastic Member

That one trait - of being the same in all universes - is what I imagined after the first Secret Wars. Many of us like to think "How would I write this character or a sequel" for our favorite fictional series. That was one of mine.

So, yes, it's fine. It's better than being a fragment of a cosmic cube. And his fractured nature at times, explains some events like being humbled by Sentry.

Yep. This retcon is workable.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I do wonder if the Molecule Man that first shows up in the Fantastic Four was created by the intervention of the Beyonders though as in the NA reveal. Is he the original that the others sprang from? Or was Owen Reese a myth?

I wouldn't trust molecules - they make up everything

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I do wonder if the Molecule Man that first shows up in the Fantastic Four was created by the intervention of the Beyonders though as in the NA reveal. Is he the original that the others sprang from? Or was Owen Reese a myth?
    It sounds like his actual origin was Beyonder-related, and that it applies to all of the projections of his self, through the multiverse. They are all him, Owen Reese.

And the myth part, was the incomplete & sometimes false origin stories, over the years & from individual universe perspectives.

That's the best I can figure. Was that the question?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    lol amazing

Mighty Member

Reece was briefly merged with the Beyonder in order to take part in the creation of the complete Cosmic Cube
    I was reading up on him and found this. Maybe when he was Merged, the Beyonder placed a bomb in him so when someone killed him. Thats how this started maybe
    what issue was when he was merged

I can't remember what his old origin was. I know he used to need that wand, and whoever picked it up would be "possessed" by the Molecule Man. I guess it's okay.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There's really nothing at all I like from the whole story, least of all how it ended.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    LL Good one

BTW... Sweet looking avatar

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    It sounds like his actual origin was Beyonder-related, and that it applies to all of the projections of his self, through the multiverse. They are all him, Owen Reese.

And the myth part, was the incomplete & sometimes false origin stories, over the years & from individual universe perspectives.

That's the best I can figure. Was that the question?
    Sort of. In his origin in the Fantastic Four, he was just a lowly factory worker in a nuclear energy plant and got powered up by accidental exposure, which was how a lot of characters got their power in the Silver Age. So I was wondering if this was a cover story or myth and he was altered by the Beyonders.

This is some of the scans I have of FF #320 where Owen talks about how he got his powers but not being forme into a 6 sided cube.

Then he returns to Earth the reunite with Marsha aka Volcana from Battleworld

BANNED

I'm currently thinking of Secret Wars II -- in particular the time when Owen and Sliver Surfer combined powers to heal the Earth from the Death gash torn in the Earth's Mantel by the original Beyonder... That said, this retcon (similar to Jean Grey's) is highly plausible. My only hangup is -- how is it that while among nearly all of the cosmic beings, Abstract, and a (rogue?) Beyonder, that none of them gleaned through Cosmic Awareness the true nature of Owen Reese?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-01-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    That one trait - of being the same in all universes - is what I imagined after the first Secret Wars. Many of us like to think "How would I write this character or a sequel" for our favorite fictional series. That was one of mine.

So, yes, it's fine. It's better than being a fragment of a cosmic cube. And his fractured nature at times, explains some events like being humbled by Sentry.

Yep. This retcon is workable.
    Molecule Man has been depicted working on / juggling some sort of energy cubes in New Avengers #29 and #33, so the Cosmic Cube business might not be forgotten. My speculation is that Doom siphoned the energy of the killed Molecule Men to the 616 Molecule Man to reshape into nascient Cosmic Cubes that would serve as prisons for the Beyonders. Although admittedly that plan almost literally blew up in Doom's face.