Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Unless they've actually been elected to leadership positions (President?), though, they have no legitimate authority at all. One wonders what happened to the actual President, Congress, courts, etc. in their world. If they've been deposed/overthrown in Blue, that would interestingly enough make Steve Rogers an insurrectionist and traitor.
    Well Stark is referred to as President, but whether that's a current temporary title or for as long as wartime lasts is up for debate. As for congress it really depends how much of their universe's United States was transported over to Battleworld, the Warzone is certainly one of the larger domains there.

This is intriguing. I start to get some of the reason of Secret Wars. Is kind of an evolution of the What if and alternate dimension concept. With those we(and the main characters that act as our observation point) experience either a glimpse(when the alternate dimension cross with the main 616 dimension) or just a short compendium that leave enough time to explore the ramifications on the characters(What if scenarios that 9 times out of 10 just end "and everyone died end!"). With these we not only see how the things actually evolved and how the characters changed(with many disturbing implication that in main stories we did not really caught on), and how the various different version react to eahc other, not just the 616 version.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure where I stand with Secret Wars, but this looks very interesting so I might check this out. Civil War is one of Marvel's best events of the past decade. Not saying much, but I find it a far better story than Secret Invasion or Avengers vs. X-Men, even Original Sin which started off well and with wonderful art but very quickly lost its momentum with nothing exactly memorable. Thankfully I'm a fan of Mark Millar.

So the possible books for me:
    Future Imperfect (depending on issue previews)
    ASM: Renew Your Vows (maybe - at least for Spidey/MJ)
    1602: Witchhunter Angela
    Master of Kung Fu
    Civil War
    Howard the Human
    Hail Hydra
    Hank Johnson, Agent of H.Y.D.R.A.
    X-Men: Years of Future Past (loving the preview art!)
    X-Men: E is for Extinction
    X-Men '92
    A-Force (maybe?)
    The Infinity Gauntlet (mainly for black Nova)
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Well Stark is referred to as President, but whether that's a current temporary title or for as long as wartime lasts is up for debate. As for congress it really depends how much of their universe's United States was transported over to Battleworld, the Warzone is certainly one of the larger domains there.
    He's not referred to as President in the linked article, where did you see that?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

He's not referred to as President in the linked article, where did you see that?
    #1 Solicitations.

CIVIL WAR #1
    CHARLES SOULE (w)
    LEINIL FRANCIS YU (a/C)
    Promo Variant Cover by Adi Granov
    Ant-Sized Variant Cover by TBA
    MAOS Variant Cover by TBA
    VARIANT cover by Steve McNiven
    Young Variant Cover by Skottie Young
    Blank Variant Cover also available
    INHUMANS 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • The Civil War never ended. Welcome to the Warzone, where six years of non-stop battle between the forces of the Blue and the Iron have split the nation down its center, utterly transforming it. In a world of new alliances and strange enemies, President Tony Stark and General Steve Rogers meet to make one last attempt at peace.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

BANNED

Hmm. One of the best writers around tackles the single worst event around. Should make for an interesting combo.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I think Axel meant that the new Marvel Universe will adopt bits and pieces from all of these comics. Not everything will be absorbed but parts will. For some it will be a lone characters, for others maybe a location. Every comic will contribute something to the new universe. Some will have larger impacts than others but no story is a (completely) meaningless, throw-a-way, piece of filler.
    That sounds a lot how Battleworld was formed. Take a piece from each region of Battleworld and make New Earth. New Earth could be the Battleworld of Battleworld

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Now that SW #2 is out and we see that Doom is really set up as the supreme ruler of all these realms, I see another problem... Steve here can't really be Captain America, both because he personally would never recognize Doom's authority, and because an America (i.e., United States) that does so wouldn't have the same system of government or ideals for him to champion. Not to mention, if to their minds they were always on Battleworld, and Germany wasn't brought along, who did this Cap fight in WWII? July 4 celebrates independence from whom? Can the Declaration of Independence refer to a Creator granting inalienable rights when Doom is thought to be the Creator and doesn't recognize any such thing? For that matter, if the zone doesn't include the whole United States, that would mean they've forgotten the parts that didn't come along, so the flag would make no sense.

Hopefully Soules has thought of all these wrinkles and knows how he wants to handle them in a way that makes some sense.

Now that SW #2 is out and we see that Doom is really set up as the supreme ruler of all these realms, I see another problem... Steve here can't really be Captain America, both because he personally would never recognize Doom's authority, and because an America (i.e., United States) that does so wouldn't have the same system of government or ideals for him to champion. Not to mention, if to their minds they were always on Battleworld, and Germany wasn't brought along, who did this Cap fight in WWII? July 4 celebrates independence from whom? Can the Declaration of Independence refer to a Creator granting inalienable rights when Doom is thought to be the Creator and doesn't recognize any such thing? For that matter, if the zone doesn't include the whole United States, that would mean they've forgotten the parts that didn't come along, so the flag would make no sense.

Hopefully Soules has thought of all these wrinkles and knows how he wants to handle them in a way that makes some sense.
    I thinking with the reveals of Secret Wars #2 it'll be shown that Tony is the Baron since, as you point out, Steve would not bow down to Doom. However, he would most certainly fight against the way Tony rules the domain. Also, probably not called Cap at all. But something different entirely since there never was a US as far as they know.