All-New Member

Default History of Captain Stacy & Gwen Stacy

The Captain Stacy storyline from issues #56-90 is an extremely important time in the Spider-Man comics, and I feel that's lost on a lot of modern readers. It was a huge deal while it was happening, as I read in the letters pages and promotions from the comics back then. (I read the DVD-ROM set that Marvel sold, which had every ad and letters page included.) It was absolutely one of Stan Lee's best stories ever told, along with Amazing Fantasy #15, the Galactus saga, and hundreds of others. This storyline feels like the culmination of everything great that Stan Lee was always building up to in this comic, and doing it in an exciting and unique way.

I put quite a bit of comic art and history into these videos I made. I hope it shows a bit of history on both Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy and gets people interested in going back and reading these books, which is easy to do. These are also tied into the ASM movie reviews.

Now before you yell "SPPAAAAAAAAMM!" I years ago read every single 700+ issue of Amazing Spider-Man and if that doesn't prove my fandom to you, you're wearing a Green Goblin costume right now because you a re a super villain!! This is absolutely relelvant to Spider-Man comics.

(Plus it's not a link, it's embedded. Before I had no comic art in the vid, I since re-did it and added a ton cause it called for it.)

Feedback is kindly appreciated.

Lots of Captain Stacy coverage in this one.

All-New Member

Gwen Stacy coverage in this one.

Feedback kindly appreciated.