Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The reviews are such a joke on this site lol. 2 stars and a mostly positive review? It seems like the reviewer just decided to give it a low rating for the sake of being edgy, but whatever.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

i finally read it, and i have to say that I got totally lost when Alexander Luthor showed up. The crime syndicate went off the rails- I don't understand Ultraman or Superwoman's motivations, and whose side owlman is actually on. who is Superwoman's baby supposed to be? who's mazahs? and what's up with Catwoman? Does the Justice League know that Atomica is dead?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The final page, final panel has got me hungry for more...which I suspect was the idea.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i finally read it, and i have to say that I got totally lost when Alexander Luthor showed up. The crime syndicate went off the rails- I don't understand Ultraman or Superwoman's motivations, and whose side owlman is actually on. who is Superwoman's baby supposed to be? who's mazahs? and what's up with Catwoman? Does the Justice League know that Atomica is dead?
    There's nothing complicated about any of that. It's all right there in the story. Their agenda was to escape the Anti-Monitor and find a new world. Ultraman thought he was finding a new home for his future child, same for Superwoman. Owlman was on Dick Grayson's side. He's so blinded by his own loss that he only cares about Grayson's survival. Superwoman's baby is Alexander Luthor Jr. Nothing shocking there, that was always the case. Mazahs is just Shazam backwards. Did you miss that one? He's earth 3 Shazam. His lightning allows him to steal and absorb powers from dead heroes. Nothing is up with Catwoman. She was a JLA member and loves Batman. The League knows Atomica's dead because they listed Ultraman, Superwoman, and Owlman as the only survivors of the CSA.

I think it's funnier that no one cares about what happened to the Teen Titans. Bruce's other 'son' could be dead and he really doesn't say a word about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    There's nothing complicated about any of that. It's all right there in the story. Their agenda was to escape the Anti-Monitor and find a new world. Ultraman thought he was finding a new home for his future child, same for Superwoman. Owlman was on Dick Grayson's side. He's so blinded by his own loss that he only cares about Grayson's survival. Superwoman's baby is Alexander Luthor Jr. Nothing shocking there, that was always the case. Mazahs is just Shazam backwards. Did you miss that one? He's earth 3 Shazam. His lightning allows him to steal and absorb powers from dead heroes. Nothing is up with Catwoman. She was a JLA member and loves Batman. The League knows Atomica's dead because they listed Ultraman, Superwoman, and Owlman as the only survivors of the CSA.

I think it's funnier that no one cares about what happened to the Teen Titans. Bruce's other 'son' could be dead and he really doesn't say a word about it.
    well, i think it has to do with the fact that this story took nine months to tell, and i very rarely go back and read books twice, particularly when it involves characters I'm not really interested in. i know who Mazahs was, just don't know how he got his powers or why he was relevant at all. and my question about catwoman was why she didn't want to try to meet bruce halfway, or something. but i guess that's why she's going all "Crime boss" on him.

I thought this issue was great, especially Luthor near the end.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by anarki View Post
    Justice League of America #14-----------1.5
    Forever Evil #7 ----------------------------2
    Action Comics #31-------------------------2.5
    Futures End #2----------------------------1.5
    Justice League United #1-----------------2
    Superman: Doomed #1-------------------2
    To be fair, JLU was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jbnewc View Post
    To be fair, JLU was crap.
    To be fair, CBR reviews DC books more favorably than Newsarama.

I really don't like most event books, so the low rating doesn't bother me (even if it doesn't match the reviewer's sentiments in the text). Events just keep getting in the way of my favorite books. But I do find that CBR have their pets. Snyder's Batman for one, which to be fair is outstanding and deserves its consistent 4*-5* ratings. CBR also likes all the edgy 'Young DC' stuff - Gotham Academy, Batgirl, etc. - which consistently get high ratings. And they like Pak's Action Comics (he's a good writer). But I think DC needs a fresh injection of something new right now. Hence the imminent shake up post-Convergence. The New 52 mostly failed and became tired. And some of the really good stuff went too quickly down the pan - e.g., Dial a Hero and S.H.A.D.E. - because fans sometimes like the Big 3 too much at the expense of other interesting characters and stories. I just hope the landscape after Convergence brings something really fresh to the table.

Ever since CBR put Superior Spider-Man as one of the best comics of 2014 there's no way I can take the reviews seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Just to add one: Sinestro #1 -------------1
    Magneto #1 by Cullen Bunn ---3.5 stars

Sinestor #1 by Cullen Bunn --- 1 star

hahaha wow
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 06-17-2015 at 08:10 AM.