Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Made a return trip today and got Secret Wars, Avatar, and Scooby-Doo Team Up/Teen Titans Go (as well as a dozen bags and boards for all that stuff).

Pretty awesome all-around!

I read some of the more kid friendly titles today, since I will be dropping of copies of those at the dentist's office tomorrow and at my mom's hairdresser on Thursday.

Thus far:

SpongeBob - Perfect for kids, really bad for non-kids.

Pokémon - Unreadable for me, kids will probably love it.

Cleopatra In Space - Nice hook for the regular books, hell I want to read more of the story!

Boom 10 Year Celebration - A bunch of short stories. Most were decent or at least short enough that they didn't irritate beyond measure. But the Mouse Guard story was fabulous.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The store I go to every week agreed to set aside some books for me (namely Avengers, Uncanny Inhumans, Secret Wars 0, and Doctor Who if they have any left). They did, but they sent me an email saying that they "didn't get any of the Uncanny Inhumans one". I was disappointed, so I decided to swing into another store too.

On Saturday, I dropped my wife off at work and then tried a second store. By now it's about 7:50, but the store doesn't open until 9:30. So I go get breakfast and even buy groceries. At 9:15, there was a massive lineup outside the building, so I just said "NOPE."

I went to my regular store and picked up Avengers, Secret Wars, and Doctor Who. I didn't look at them, just set them aside.

I then drove downtown, because I knew of another store. The manager's a jerk, but there prices are good and they had a good FCBD set-up. They also didn't have Uncanny Inhumans on the table. I asked, and they didn't remember seeing it.

I then flipped over Avengers and saw the Uncanny Inhumans cover. D'oh!

I remember the FCBD website marketed All-New, All-Different Avengers and Uncanny Inhumans as two separate books. So I didn't even think to look at them being one and the same. It's not even a flipbook, just one story after the other. Oh well. I got my books, and got to visit other stores

BANNED

I didn't go until like 3 p.m., and at that point all the free comics were gone. I could have gotten some if I'd wanted to get there at 11 and stand in a moderately long line, but I didn't feel like it.

Mighty Member

There weren't any books I was specifically interested in, but I had planned to go with my wife and 3-year-old son (and our 9-month-old son, though I don't think he cared either way), and my son was particularly excited to wear a costume and see Spider-Man there again (he was extremely stoked on him last year). However, almost all of us ended up with a stomach bug on Friday and into Saturday, so we did not go.

On Sunday, we made a FCBD make-up trip to the shop and my son wore a full Batman costume. The owner gave him a copy of the FCBD Teen Titans/Scooby Doo Team Up, which he was stoked on. I grabbed the Transformers book for him too. Those are the only free books we grabbed from the leftover table. I bought the newest Walking Dead trade, which was all that was in my pull box. Just a quick trip, but my son is excited any time he can wear a costume somewhere, so it was fun.

Yay! Got the Avengers FCBD issue. After multiple visits to various shops over the weekend I found one last copy at a used bookstore!

malaprop

Ithacon! I visited Ithacon #2 way back in 197x, and scored my copy of Batman #47 for $18 in the auction. I'm betting the bidding would go a little higher today.

Quote Originally Posted by malaprop View Post
    Ithacon! I visited Ithacon #2 way back in 197x, and scored my copy of Batman #47 for $18 in the auction. I'm betting the bidding would go a little higher today.
    Welcome to the boards (and great name!)

As for the issue... try 100x higher!
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I read that Transformers: Robots in Disguise comic and came away rather disappointed at the way it felt too kid oriented. It was awful.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

So, what did people pick up for FCBD 2018?

I got:

Lady Mechanika FCBD 2018 Vol. 1 Issue #1

Overwatch/Black Hammer (Dark Horse FCBD 2018: General)

Also picked up Marvel's Avengers/Captain America issue,
    and got a

FCBD 2018 MARVEL HEROCLIX EXCLUSIVE FIGURE: GLADIATOR HULK

Got the two books I wanted a day early from my normal comic shop because I couldn't make it in on saturday. Which was a good thing because when I got to the one closest to me after work he was out of Shadow Roads.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

You can check out the recap of my day HERE!

We've still got some time until Free Comic Book Day 2019, but here's where to find what's being offered to stores for this coming May 4th:

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

There's a handful I'll probably try to snag: Animosity Tales, Captain Canuck, Street Fighter, and probably the Marvel/DC issues. I've enjoyed FCBD since I was in Junior High, it can be a nice excuse to go to a shop that you're unable to hit up all that often. The issues give you a nice peak into series you otherwise might not try, and you can treat yourself to a TPB or two to support the shop.

Historically it's always been on a beautiful day as well so I'll probably go with a few friends, grab some sushi, and read in the public gardens.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    . . . I've enjoyed FCBD since I was in Junior High . . .
    Wikipedia has FCBD starting in 2002.

I was a substitute teacher, sometimes in Junior High-level classes, when it began.
    (They don't have "Junior High" where I live. Schools around here tend to have "Middle School" for +/-grades 5th-8th then High School for grades 9th-12th.)