Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What did everyone think of Avengers: Age of Ultron? *SPOILERS*

I thought it was pretty darn good. As a comic book fan, I probably have more issues with some things in the movie than your average viewer. I thought the fight choreography was definitely better than the first movie, and I thought the whole "city meteor thing" was interesting and different. However, I wish they would have handled Ultron differently. I understand that his mind is like Stark's, but I would have preferred a humorless, more intimidating Ultron. I cringed at a couple of his jokes. Although, given Whedon was directing, I was kind of expecting this. I also wish Thor could beef up a little. He needs to be a bigger powerhouse; somewhere between his movie and comic versions. That's really about it for cons. Now, random thoughts.

I'm surprised that they killed off Quicksilver, and also Von Strucker.

It was cool to see Thanos again. I've heard that there are two Infinity Gauntlets, but I figured Loki gave the original to Thanos since he is currently ruling Asgard.

I figured the Sceptor was the mind gem, and i was startled that it actually was the yellow piece on the Visions head. I suppose plot wise this makes sense because now the Avengers are directly in Thanos's path of destruction. `

I can't think of anything else that I wanted to say. Overall, kickass movie.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Amazing Member

I was wondering why there wasn't a post of this. Thanks.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Nice Thread & I will mostly repeat what I said another thread on this very topic.

Avengers: Age of Ultron was a Completely AWESOME!!!

The Huge Cast did Wonders for telling the story. It was more well paced & felt more grounded then the 1st one to IMO, the characters interactions hearken back to Winter Soldier. The Avengers did not feel heroes above all but people with flaws that make them more human. The Natasha & Banner Moments where well played, Clint got FAR more play in this movie with great personal development as well. The twins story at the start was Heart-Tearing. Ultron was not just some cold AI just wanting to kill, but he came off as a lost being confused & had allot of personality that made him both fun & menacing.

The movie hit a much better tone then I thought, the CGI did not rule it. It was the character interactions, developments & even interactions with each other during battles that ruled it & it felt better then even the 1st Avengers Movie IMO. It is in many ways, this Movie, it surpassed the 1st One IMO!

Any Problems I had with it feels really like Nit-Picks, Very Much Nit-Picks. Could it have been longer, yea, but it could feel like it was dragging on if that was done. Overall, ALL the members of the Audience that Came out of the IMAX LOVED the Movie & IMO that is what counts the Most!

I will be seeing it again as soon as I can, want to try for This Weekend & maybe more after that!

4.75 of 5 Rating!

The Movie Surpassed my Hopes, Clever Jokes that Ran Well & Character interactions where the core! Great, Enjoyable Villain, Good use of Characters & Important Moments!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Really liked the movie.

The most important thing was definetly the characters, great interaction and developement.
    Ultron was very interesting, he didn´t hate humanity, he just wanted to make it better in his own, twisted, vision.
    The action scenes were great and well placed.
    really liking the new avengers rooster, except for War Machine, i just don´t like the character.
    Really liked the twins. Olsen did great as the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver´s death was a bit shocking. It will be interesting to see how Wanda deals with that on Cap 3

9.5/10

Fantastic Member

1. Love Spader, but not in this.

2. The jokes, seemed too forced for a story like this.

3. Marvel should have given Whedon more autonomy. This doesn't feel like his baby.

4. The sequels to this, have lots of potential. Thanos and his Death fetish are going to make history, and bring Starlin's character to the mainstream. The Thanos flicks ARE the ones that Marvel should have offered Whedon (along with the first), and then stepped out of the way, while he does his thing.

5. It was still worth worth seeing, in spite of the downsides. The careless scientist role by Stark, and the insistence of keeping transparency by Rogers, are timely issues, although they probably always were.

6. Surprisingly, the Widow/Banner romance actually works. I mean, sure she's too young for him. But they do mesh well, together.

7. Cap couldn't pick up the hammer? He wasn't worthy? What the...?

Pretty good movie. Way too many one-liners and yet another somewhat-underwhelming MCU villain. I think perhaps it was a bit too ambitious. Still a good watch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    6. Surprisingly, the Widow/Banner romance actually works. I mean, sure she's too young for him. But they do mesh well, together.
    Actually she's older than him. By a LOT. I know they gave a DOB for her in 1984, but thats a cover. She was a kid in WWII.

Cap couldn't pick up the hammer? He wasn't worthy? What the...?
    Cap has never been able to just walk up and lift it out of nowhere. You did notice it move ever so slightly though.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    7. Cap couldn't pick up the hammer? He wasn't worthy? What the...?
    Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Cap has never been able to just walk up and lift it out of nowhere. You did notice it move ever so slightly though.
    I Agree, that did not bother me that he could not pick up the hammer completely, but they way they did it was the Best way, he Very Slightly nudge it!

When you pick-up the hammer beside Thor in the Comics your purpose & the person picking it up has to be Way Noble, that is part of the scene that was Grand. Capt showed he had the potential more then anyone else to do so, so it shows how noble he is & IMO was the best play in that moment!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

A little to jokey

Can't wait to get this thing in blue ray. So many little seeds and nods. With so many jokes flying like never ending ultrons themselves

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Damn good movie; at the very least an equal to the first, but in my eyes better.

Cool for bringing in the other heroes at the party and then as roster replacements. If only Falcon had participated in the Sokovia air battle too.

Pity about Pietro though. But maybe he can be sent to T.A.H.I.T.I.?

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

1. I give it a B+ parts of it were slow.
    2.loved the Vision he seemed so cool and left me wanting a Wanda and Vision movie.
    3 I was OK with who died since I feel that is how real heros go out and shows ur not just there for glory or Ego.
    4 to much hawkeye, yes there were a few good bits of him too.
    5Amd OMG if SHIELD acted as they did in this Movie instead of interfering with heros in the 616 I would so change my negative view of group.

I loved everything except what happened to Quicksilver.

And i think that the only superhero that should be serious is Batman; besides that apparently, Batman vs Superman is going to make look Daredevil like if it was the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I thought it was great. It was everything your looking for from a comic movie. Only 2 real negatives for me. 1. One liners from Ultron. I love the comedy and lightheartedness that the one liners bring from the heroes, and even a villain like Loki, but it just seemed out of place with Ultron. 2. There really should have been a scene where Nick Fury and a bunch of the good SHIELD agents from TWS raid an old SHIELD base and take back the helicarrier or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Nice Thread & I will mostly repeat what I said another thread on this very topic.

Avengers: Age of Ultron was a Completely AWESOME!!!

The Huge Cast did Wonders for telling the story. It was more well paced & felt more grounded then the 1st one to IMO, the characters interactions hearken back to Winter Soldier. The Avengers did not feel heroes above all but people with flaws that make them more human. The Natasha & Banner Moments where well played, Clint got FAR more play in this movie with great personal development as well. The twins story at the start was Heart-Tearing. Ultron was not just some cold AI just wanting to kill, but he came off as a lost being confused & had allot of personality that made him both fun & menacing.

The movie hit a much better tone then I thought, the CGI did not rule it. It was the character interactions, developments & even interactions with each other during battles that ruled it & it felt better then even the 1st Avengers Movie IMO. It is in many ways, this Movie, it surpassed the 1st One IMO!

Any Problems I had with it feels really like Nit-Picks, Very Much Nit-Picks. Could it have been longer, yea, but it could feel like it was dragging on if that was done. Overall, ALL the members of the Audience that Came out of the IMAX LOVED the Movie & IMO that is what counts the Most!

I will be seeing it again as soon as I can, want to try for This Weekend & maybe more after that!

4.75 of 5 Rating!

The Movie Surpassed my Hopes, Clever Jokes that Ran Well & Character interactions where the core! Great, Enjoyable Villain, Good use of Characters & Important Moments!
    I am glad that you liked it, I thought you would be pissed since they basically replaced Wanda's powers with Jean Grey's with a slight twist.