Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Cap has never been able to just walk up and lift it out of nowhere. You did notice it move ever so slightly though.
    And Thor got concerned when Cap actually budged it.

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    Thor's face at that moment was really amusing.

I think it was a good blockbuster movie but also weaker than the first one.

I don't have much time for a long detailed post, but basically what I didn't like much was the following (in no particular order):

1. Banner & Widow: I get they tried to build on hints from the first movie, yet it felt forced nontheless (and very "beauty and the beast")
    2. Not enough screen time for characters: the first movie was awesome for a number of reason, and for me the main one was everyone got time to shine. This time I felt very few space was devoted to each character
    3. Ultron was an interesting bad guy but not as good as Loki
    4. The movie's structure is quite similar to the first one, especially with the final fight scene.
    5. Unlike the first movie, the ending feels anticlimatic
    6. Hulk vs Hulkbuster... Never ever happened that Hulk lost to an Hulkbuster... (this one is very minor ofc)

All in all an experience still worth the ticket's cost, yet I wasn't as hyped as I was when I got out of the theatre for the first Avengers. I'd give Avengers 2 a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars

Not gonna lie, I'm not sure who was the more entertaining villain between Ultron and Loki; Ultron really stole the show in the movie. Not saying I'd want his comic counterpart to start acting like him but he was really entertaining to watch.

Also loved the meta joke from Steve "If you get killed....walk it off."

BANNED

Loved it. Can't wait to see it again.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I Agree, that did not bother me that he could not pick up the hammer completely, but they way they did it was the Best way, he Very Slightly nudge it!

When you pick-up the hammer beside Thor in the Comics your purpose & the person picking it up has to be Way Noble, that is part of the scene that was Grand. Capt showed he had the potential more then anyone else to do so, so it shows how noble he is & IMO was the best play in that moment!
    Ah ok, I didn't catch the nudge. That's better.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Actually she's older than him. By a LOT. I know they gave a DOB for her in 1984, but thats a cover. She was a kid in WWII.

Cap has never been able to just walk up and lift it out of nowhere. You did notice it move ever so slightly though.
    Widow is the older woman, yes understood. But on screen, Johansson's 30 years compares conspicously to Ruffalo's 48.

The Black Widow we know, of course, couldn't care less about the age difference. She looks at the world differently, happens to love Banner, and doesn't feel any social pressure to conform to traditional age difference limits.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    Damn. I didn't catch any of that.

Ok, I'll take a closer look, second viewing.

Ultimate Member

I REALLY liked it. In fact, I liked it more than the first one, which is saying something because I freaking LOVED the first film. It was bigger, more epic, it had a darker/more serious tone (without going overboard), a more interesting story, and EVERY team member got their due this time around.

-I loved pretty much everything about Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and Ultron.
    -Some of the action scenes were fantastic.
    -Did I mention than I really loved Scarlet Witch? Because she was totally awesome.
    -This may be my favorite take on Ultron ever, possibly.
    -The inclusion of Klaw/name-dropping Wakanda was a nice touch.
    -Vision lifting Mjolnir, and look on everyone's faces, was hilarious.
    -The Widow/Banner thing actually kind of worked for me. I bought it.

It wasn't perfect. It had certain pacing issues at times (and extra 15-30 minutes would probably have helped), Baron Strucker was kind of wasted as a villain, and I wish that they hadn't have "definitively" killed off Ultron. But those complaints are few and far between.

Extraordinary Member

Loved it, no doubt it had flaws, plenty mind you. But still loved it.

It was okay.

A few of the fight scenes dragged a little, but overall it was a satisfying experience.

I loved it. 8/10

BANNED

Next time I see it I'll pay more attention during the final battle, because I was super focused on whether Hawkeye was gonna make it the first time around.

For me, it totally satisfied every expectation I had going in. Yes, I had some nit-picks. Namely, Hank Pym should have created Ultron. I don't think it would have been hard for this to happen. Yeah, I know Ant-Man has Michael Douglas playing Pym and he's old. But I would have preferred Pym being Ant-Man and having someone younger play him in the movies. That way he could be in Avengers, Ant-Man, and Civil War. All in All, movie was great.. want to and will see again.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Thought it was just ok, My girlfriend hated it lol. Last Marvel Movie I really loved was Cap 2.