Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am glad that you liked it, I thought you would be pissed since they basically replaced Wanda's powers with Jean Grey's with a slight twist.
    It made more sense for me, as a viewer, to explain Wanda's abilities as psychokenetic, rather than "hex magic." Also, if Dr. Strange is going to be in the next movie, it sort of makes Wanda redundant.

BANNED

The "language" joke wasn't funny
    The accents of Wanda and Pietro were not convincing. Wanda wasn't featured much but maybe on the next film hopefully.
    I just wished Ultron was shown to be really stronger. I mean, we get to see Ultron vs Iron Man, Ultron vs Thor and even Captain America vs Ultron which Cap was doing well in fighting against him.
    And Ultron being smashed by Hulk?

Ultron should have been shown not being beaten by any of the Avengers unless they work together.

Eventhough, Hulk and Black Widow pairing is not in comics, I like the idea and it was done well.
    Vision was awesome.
    Favorite line was from Cap: "What did you say now? You didn't finish!"

I just find Ultron a weak villain in the movie.

But overall, I still love the movie. It's just that the villain was weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    It also seemed like Joss gave him the Ultimate Hawkeye upgrade with his enhanced vision and to see through some walls. I would have to watch it again but it does seem that way.
    Huh. i didn't really see that. Guess I'll have to watch it again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Huh. i didn't really see that. Guess I'll have to watch it again.
    He spotted the logo on Ultron's truck in traffic from the Quinjet. It goes along with his line from the first Avengers about seeing more from a distance.

they were chasing Ultron in South Korea, Protege.

and, RLAAMJR, Ultron was beaten by Avengers working together: Vision, Iron Man and Thor worked together to slag his vibranium body, leaving him to use the weaker drone bodies.
    I surrender to the Contest

As a disclaimer I haven't thought too highly of most of Marvels outings (ex. Avengers and Gotg were 2 stars tops), so my opinion means little.

The movie itself was pretty bad. Wasn't particularly funny (when Thor pretty much got the only laughs, there is a problem). Ultron wasn't really a menacing villain, seemed more like a broken toy (great voice work though). Didn't think the action was great. Didn't care much for the story or character moments (we really needed a BW/Banner side love plot? jfc). Way too bloated with unnecessary side characters, providing some truly painful moments. It honestly just felt like a mess.

Stark is entertaining, im back to wishing they put more attention on him, it would have been better. Wanda visually looked really awesome, there is potential there, though character wise it was pretty much non existent in the movie.

I thought it was a very good move except that it had an Iron Man 2/3 vibe where they set up this really menacing villain and he is defeated once everyone stops tripping over their own feet. I think Joss tried to go a little to big with his ambitions because I remember an early interview with him wanting this to be his Godfather Part 2. The Russo' s taking over Avengers and Cap 3 basically being an Averngers 3.8 as Anthony Mackie stated will really set them on a greater path. The iconic shots are a little overdone and kind of take away from the seriousness of the story. The Style of directing in Winter Soldier is what Marvels need for the Infinity Wars.

Felt like I was reading an old comic book while I was watching it. For me, it doesn't get better than that!!!!

Spectacular Member

This one was underwhelming for me. To be completely honest, I'm kind of over Joss Whedon -- this movie felt way too similar to the previous. Lots of what people said. It was too quippy, and Ultron was too human for my taste. They could have shaved down a lot of nonsense, especially the party scene and back at Hawkeye's ranch. I would have liked to have seen them elaborate more on the twins, why they signed up, what happened to them, etc. Instead, jokes all around! But, it wasn't awful at any rate and I'm sure more palatable for the mass media than someone like myself.

It's just, after the masterpieces that Guardians and Winter Solider were, how do you go back to the same old formula? I'm glad I didn't have such high hopes for this movie, but it's a damn shame because the Russos or Gunn probably could have done better.

Amazing Member

I think that regardless of our critisism, that we need to appreciate that we live in these times, where we can actually go and see movies like this. For that, I will always be grateful.

Extraordinary Member

I think my favorite part was when they were in the church fighting the Ultron robots.

I personally loved the movie, but I can see where a lot of people wouldn't like it. It feels like you really had to like comic book movies for this to work for you.

I liked Vision more than I thought I would.

The movie has, to date, made $875,000,000 worldwide in 10 days since release.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers2.htm

Fantastic Member

No one can dispute the movie is incredibly enjoyable.

Being a comic fan the only gripe I have story wise is the way they wiped out the existence of Betty Ross, I mean were Betty and Bruce were married in previous film? Now it seems like Bruce has forgotten Betty entirely and move on to Black Widow.
    Oh the Hawkeye family stuff is kinda weird but I can roll with it.

BANNED

Best hero moment in the film was Vision saving Wanda at the last second. It was glorious. Vision may be Marvel's Supeeman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    No one can dispute the movie is incredibly enjoyable.

Being a comic fan the only gripe I have story wise is the way they wiped out the existence of Betty Ross, I mean were Betty and Bruce were married in previous film? Now it seems like Bruce has forgotten Betty entirely and move on to Black Widow.
    Oh the Hawkeye family stuff is kinda weird but I can roll with it.
    Except Bruce kind of rejected Natasha's advances...

And by "kind of", I really mean "he left her without saying good-bye and did his best to prevent her from tracking him down."