Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Marvel Universe Merging! NOT Rebooting?

"Marvel not Rebooting,instead simply Merging the other Marvel Universe's
    Into one continuity,whilst keeping all the old previous Marvel stories/history
    Still intact and in continuity"

Would you fan's say the above statement is accurate?
    Or will a lot of previous marvel stories and history no longer exist
    In Continuity post Secret Wars and turn out to be more of a soft Reboot??
    Last edited by Dr.Octagon; 05-03-2015 at 04:45 AM.

I've been saying that for ages. Did you read the FCBD All New All Different Avengers? If so, it shows pretty clearly that's what's happening. The Terrigen cloud that was unleashed at the end of Infinity is still there, Iron Man refers to the familiar origin of the Avengers, Lady Thor is still there, etc. All that appears to have changed is that Miles Morales is present. Remains to be seen if he is aware that he is a refugee from a dead universe, or if they are doing a 'he was always here' retcon.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-03-2015 at 05:09 AM.

Perhaps a merger is the most accurate or mundane (yet there might be even more to it that just simply merging) of what the post-SW universe will be.....after all in the very few glimpses (Rage of Ultron, if is set in that time as no one has given a concrete answer, the Thor from Ultron Forever and the FCBD Avengers) it looks pretty much the same as now with some tiny differences.

And like Axel Alonso has said previously, they are taking an element from all the Secret Wars titles for this new universe...whether is a character, item, location, concept, etc.....so yeah, a merger is more accurate in a way. I would guess the previous stories will remain...the question is how the characters will remember (if they do).

Powered By Gravity

I guess the real question is how do they get off battle world and back on earth?

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    Perhaps a merger is the most accurate or mundane (yet there might be even more to it that just simply merging) of what the post-SW universe will be.....after all in the very few glimpses (Rage of Ultron, if is set in that time as no one has given a concrete answer, the Thor from Ultron Forever and the FCBD Avengers) it looks pretty much the same as now with some tiny differences.

And like Axel Alonso has said previously, they are taking an element from all the Secret Wars titles for this new universe...whether is a character, item, location, concept, etc.....so yeah, a merger is more accurate in a way. I would guess the previous stories will remain...the question is how the characters will remember (if they do).
    I have doubts that they will, since it appears that on Battleworld, most characters with a few exceptions believe Battleworld has ALWAYS existed. When Battleworld was created either all the characters there were re-created from scratch, with new memories in place, or if they did survive their memories were messed with. Either way, when things are put back, I would imagine all memories of Battleworld will be erased in a similar manner, though possibly with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I have doubts that they will, since it appears that on Battleworld, most characters with a few exceptions believe Battleworld has ALWAYS existed. When Battleworld was created either all the characters there were re-created from scratch, with new memories in place, or if they did survive their memories were messed with. Either way, when things are put back, I would imagine all memories of Battleworld will be erased in a similar manner, though possibly with a few exceptions.
    So like House of M....that sounds interesting and could open the possibilities for good stories about some characters trying to deal with this information.

BANNED

The 616 and UU merge for Battleworld. That's not to say they stay merged afterward. Miles may just get stuck in the 616, similar to how certain AoA characters like X-Man and Dark Beast got jettisoned to the 616 after the event ended.

Astonishing Member

Its worth noting that COIE was planned not as a 'reboot' but as a merger of the two major DC Universes (Earth 1 and Earth 2) as well as a bunch of others into one consolidated world. But then later, writers used all the timeline merging and stuff as a rationale to reboot certain key characters and pretty soon we were left with what was an essentially a rebooted DCU.

So will different versions of characters merge? For example will 616 Storm merge with 1610 Storm to become one character, or will it be two seperate charcters in the same universe?

Spectacular Member

I am just hoping and praying that all the marvel stories from the 60's 70's 80's 90's 00's 10's to present day are still remembered by all the Marvel character's and stay in continuity and continue to be referanced in future stories as they always have done!

I dont mind a ret con here or there like in the past...
    But if Marvel god forbid jettisson all the history from current continuity I would go as far as saying that I would seriously consider quiting current Marvel Comics and instead invest my time and money on past marvel collected editions reading and completing everything in my collection up to that point on my book shelf as one complete gigantic marvel story and drawing a line in the sand.

Thats how passionate I feel about continuity in comics lol
    Last edited by Dr.Octagon; 05-03-2015 at 07:10 AM.

That still won't stop the more irate folk pulling a Superboy Prime and finding some flimsy way of saying that this is still not the "old" universe.

U rooined evararathang! Evaratahtang wys butter with MY Marvel University!11111

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    That still won't stop the more irate folk pulling a Superboy Prime and finding some flimsy way of saying that this is still not the "old" universe.

U rooined evararathang! Evaratahtang wys butter with MY Marvel University!11111
    They'd be right. It's not the old universe.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Spectacular Member

Sure, why not?

BANNED

Nah, you're thinking they're merging.

Moving a land to the next universe isn't merging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    I am just hoping and praying that all the marvel stories from the 60's 70's 80's 90's 00's 10's to present day are still remembered by all the Marvel character's and stay in continuity and continue to be referanced in future stories as they always have done!

I dont mind a ret con here or there like in the past...
    But if Marvel god forbid jettisson all the history from current continuity I would go as far as saying that I would seriously consider quiting current Marvel Comics and instead invest my time and money on past marvel collected editions reading and completing everything in my collection up to that point on my book shelf as one complete gigantic marvel story and drawing a line in the sand.

Thats how passionate I feel about continuity in comics lol
    That is EXACTLY what I am doing from now on Dr. Octagon! I am grateful to marvel comics that in july there will be an Iron Fist epic collection and in august a Powerman & Iron Fist epic collection.
    I am also so very grateful to marvel comics to end the 616 mainstream marvel universe in 2015.

My request to marvel comics is to permanently get rid of certain 616 marvel characters and replace them with other earth´s versions in the new mainstream marvel universe because nothing compelling can be done with them anymore ;

616 Tony Stark. In the 90's he became who he is as the result of a merging of 616 Tony the one from 1963-1995, Teen Tony and Heroes Reborn Tony. That lasted up to 2003. As of 2004 he has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Steve Rogers. From 1941 to 2001 Steve Rogers was the secret identity of Captain America. I liked that Steve Rogers had a civilian life as well. Him going public was interesting up to 2003. As of 2004 Steve Rogers has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Namor McKenzie. He has been great for 65 years 1939-2004. He has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Nick Fury. To me marvel comics has butchered the original Nicholas Joseph Fury beyond salvation.
    616 Clint Barton. He has been great up to 2003. He has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Natasha Romanoff. She has been great up to 2003. She has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Carol Danvers. She has been great up to 2003. She has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Jessica Drew. She has been great until BMB started writing stories about her. She has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Carl Lucas. He has been great until BMB. He has been going downhill ever since.
    616 Matt Murdock. He has been great for 50 years 1964-2014. His id is public knowledge now, which is to me stupid and means to me he is going downhill fast.
    616 Elektra Natchios. She has been great for 34 years 1981-2015. To me it has been oke by writers other than Frank Miller to write about 616 Elektra but although 616 Elektra is owned by marvel comics, 616 Elektra BELONGS to Frank Miller. If marvel comics has any decency they will establish an Elektra Natchios as a refugee on the new mainstream marvel earth, who is NOT from Earth 616.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-03-2015 at 12:39 PM.