Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Blank points in "Secret Wars" until now (*potential spoilers*)

OK, guys, this is just to gather and analyse everything we know until now about Secret Wars. For now, we already have info of all the territories of Battleworld, except the three Classified zones. I have to say, aside of the trailers revealed before the map; some of them were quite easy to guess, like 2099 and the Limbo. Some others I guessed right about their nature, like Egyptia ("Forever Yesterday") and Utopolis ("Supreme Squadron"). But another ones I was completely wrong, and I have to say, some doesn't even have sense their nature:
    + Killville: "M.O.D.O.K."? That's ridiculous!! It clearly has the name of Deadpool all over it.
    + The City: This is not right either. I can accept this wasn't Marvel Noir as I thought, but the infor revealed has no sense. This is from Earth-691, but that's the same from Killraven and we already have one for him in "New Mars". They are consuming two zones for a same reality, only in different time periods.
    + The Regency: OK, I like this is connected to inverse the whole thing of "One More Day"; but such name makes think about another different arc, "Dark Reign".
    + The Far East: This is wrong too. We have two ares about dinosaurs, as the Valley of Flame is from Devil Dinosaur's world. This should have been for Mangaverse as we all thought.

OK, now let's think about another point. For the time being, we have seen a lot of collections for "Sceret Wars". I think we are going to get several headaches if we are going to follow all of them. Anyway, as I see it, most of these collections are focused on one area of Battleworld. It's quite simple to guess which one takes place where:
    + "Siege Vol 2" in Area 41, "The Wall/The Shield".
    + "Marvel Zombies Vol 2" in Area 38, "The Deadlands".
    + "Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies Vol 1" in Area 39, "Perfection".

However, there are a few arcs which don't seem to have a clear zone to happen; so I don't see them fitting anywhere. A few of them are because they are actually groups of people who are exploring the whole planet, so they can visit any place of Battleworld. Let's see:
    + "Ghost Racers Vol 1": Explorer group?
    + "Runaways Vol 4": Explorer group?
    + "Secret Wars: Battleworld Vol 1": Interaction between zones?
    + "Secret Wars Journal Vol 1": Interaction between zones?
    + "Red Skull Vol 2": Explorer group.
    + "Thors Vol 1": Explorer group.
    + "Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde Vol 1": No ideas.
    + "1872 Vol 1": No idea where this place can be, but I suspect it could somehow be in "Weirdworld", as in one poster of this arc seems to show a zone in this area based on Westerns.
    + "Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars Vol 1": No ideas.
    + "Guardians of Knowhere Vol 1": Outside Battleworld, in its moon.
    + "X-Tinction Agenda Vol 1": It should be in one area of the X-Men, but I don't where it can fit.

With this, there are still 10 areas which should have a collection, so they should be revealed soon. Let's check them:
    + Egyptia ("Forever yesterday"): Not sure, but it could be that one about the egyptian X-Men?
    + New Mars ("War of the Worlds"): An arc with Killraven.
    + The Eye of Agamotto ("Doctor Strange"): An arc with the Supreme Sorcerer.
    + Manhattan: The part about the surviving characters of Earth-616.
    + New Quack City: A collection with Howard the Duck.
    + Valley of Flame: A collecion with Devil Dinosaur, which is weird, because there's already a Devil Dinosaur in Greenland ("Planet Hulk").
    + Bar Sinister ("X-Men: Mutant Massacre"): Another arc with the X-Men.
    + And of couse, the three Classified zones.

To end this, there are still some important realities which were promoted to appear in the first trailers of the saga, so whe should expect their debut too:
    + "Thor: The Reigning" + "Crazy Magazine"
    + "Hercules: 24th Century" + "New Universe"
    + "Shadowline" + "Earth-X" + "MC2" + Marvel Apes
    + "Iron Man 2020" + "Mutant X" + Deathlok's reality.
    + Mangaverse. + Marvel Noir. + Larval Earth (Spider-Ham).
    + "What If": This is one of the most important, as there are a lot of unique characters from these stories who should survive their realities. Punisher-Venom, Jane Foster as Thordis, Rick Jones as the Hulk... etc.

Well, any opinions or details that I fogot?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, guys, this is just to gather and analyse everything we know until now about Secret Wars. For now, we already have info of all the territories of Battleworld, except the three Classified zones. I have to say, aside of the trailers revealed before the map; some of them were quite easy to guess, like 2099 and the Limbo. Some others I guessed right about their nature, like Egyptia ("Forever Yesterday") and Utopolis ("Supreme Squadron"). But another ones I was completely wrong, and I have to say, some doesn't even have sense their nature:
    + Killville: "M.O.D.O.K."? That's ridiculous!! It clearly has the name of Deadpool all over it.
    + The City: This is not right either. I can accept this wasn't Marvel Noir as I thought, but the infor revealed has no sense. This is from Earth-691, but that's the same from Killraven and we already have one for him in "New Mars". They are consuming two zones for a same reality, only in different time periods.
    + The Regency: OK, I like this is connected to inverse the whole thing of "One More Day"; but such name makes think about another different arc, "Dark Reign".
    + The Far East: This is wrong too. We have two ares about dinosaurs, as the Valley of Flame is from Devil Dinosaur's world. This should have been for Mangaverse as we all thought.

OK, now let's think about another point. For the time being, we have seen a lot of collections for "Sceret Wars". I think we are going to get several headaches if we are going to follow all of them. Anyway, as I see it, most of these collections are focused on one area of Battleworld. It's quite simple to guess which one takes place where:
    + "Siege Vol 2" in Area 41, "The Wall/The Shield".
    + "Marvel Zombies Vol 2" in Area 38, "The Deadlands".
    + "Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies Vol 1" in Area 39, "Perfection".

However, there are a few arcs which don't seem to have a clear zone to happen; so I don't see them fitting anywhere. A few of them are because they are actually groups of people who are exploring the whole planet, so they can visit any place of Battleworld. Let's see:
    + "Ghost Racers Vol 1": Explorer group?
    + "Runaways Vol 4": Explorer group?
    + "Secret Wars: Battleworld Vol 1": Interaction between zones?
    + "Secret Wars Journal Vol 1": Interaction between zones?
    + "Red Skull Vol 2": Explorer group.
    + "Thors Vol 1": Explorer group.
    + "Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde Vol 1": No ideas.
    + "1872 Vol 1": No idea where this place can be, but I suspect it could somehow be in "Weirdworld", as in one poster of this arc seems to show a zone in this area based on Westerns.
    + "Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars Vol 1": No ideas.
    + "Guardians of Knowhere Vol 1": Outside Battleworld, in its moon.
    + "X-Tinction Agenda Vol 1": It should be in one area of the X-Men, but I don't where it can fit.

With this, there are still 10 areas which should have a collection, so they should be revealed soon. Let's check them:
    + Egyptia ("Forever yesterday"): Not sure, but it could be that one about the egyptian X-Men?
    + New Mars ("War of the Worlds"): An arc with Killraven.
    + The Eye of Agamotto ("Doctor Strange"): An arc with the Supreme Sorcerer.
    + Manhattan: The part about the surviving characters of Earth-616.
    + New Quack City: A collection with Howard the Duck.
    + Valley of Flame: A collecion with Devil Dinosaur, which is weird, because there's already a Devil Dinosaur in Greenland ("Planet Hulk").
    + Bar Sinister ("X-Men: Mutant Massacre"): Another arc with the X-Men.
    + And of couse, the three Classified zones.

To end this, there are still some important realities which were promoted to appear in the first trailers of the saga, so whe should expect their debut too:
    + "Thor: The Reigning" + "Crazy Magazine"
    + "Hercules: 24th Century" + "New Universe"
    + "Shadowline" + "Earth-X" + "MC2" + Marvel Apes
    + "Iron Man 2020" + "Mutant X" + Deathlok's reality.
    + Mangaverse. + Marvel Noir. + Larval Earth (Spider-Ham).
    + "What If": This is one of the most important, as there are a lot of unique characters from these stories who should survive their realities. Punisher-Venom, Jane Foster as Thordis, Rick Jones as the Hulk... etc.

Well, any opinions or details that I fogot?
    Not all Stuff on Alex Rosses poster will be used.
    Last edited by Gordonstar; 04-02-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Not all Stuff on Alex Rosses poster won't be used.
    I'm sure you're right, since if any of it is used at all, your statement is correct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I'm sure you're right, since if any of it is used at all, your statement is correct.
    I'm always right.

There's no Shadowline anywhere on Battleworld.

BANNED

I thought having two dinosaur zones was weird at first too -- but in light of how many are populated with homo sapiens, it's less so. Hell, we've got zombie, android, duck people and spider people domains. Dinosaurs getting two isn't that odd, really.

By the way, Deadpool's book is set during the original "Secret Wars," so it won't be on this Battleworld.

Astonishing Member

This is just my opinion, but I believe the new Marvel Universe in the comics will be similar to what we currently see in the movies and the animated series. And these versions already have signs of mixing alternative Earths, puting characters who originally came from alternative realities into a "mainstream universe". Let me show some examples:
    + In the movie, an potentially the future animated series, of "Guardians of the Galaxy", we have a Yondu, who is a member of the "Guardiand of the Galaxy 3000".
    + In the animated series of the Avengers, we have a Squadron Supreme who came from another planet, not another dimension.
    + In his original movie, Howard the Duck came from another planet, not another reality; so I guess this is the same for the one who appeared in the animated series and GotG's movie.
    + Merging the main 616 with Ultimate reality is clear step, as 616 get his own version of the afroamerican Nick Fury and some other stuff.
    + In Hulk's and the Avengers' animated series, we have a Devil Dinosaur who lives in the "mainstream" reality, in the Savage Land.
    + In Hulk's animated series, we saw a cameo of Obnoxious the Clown, from "Crazy Magazine".
    + Also, in Hulk's animated series, we saw Deathlok as a current character of the main reality, as he comes from an alternative future and he has no way to return to it now.

Considering these points, I believe we could expect to see something like this as the new Marvel Universe. These same realities could be merged with the mainstream reality, allowing us to have characters from these alternative realities to exist in the same world. Let's see:
    + The current Guardians of the Galaxy and their version of year 3000 could merge together into a powerful team similar to the Avengers.
    + Since it seems the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are going to be "temporally disolved", someone has to take their place to fullfil the void. The Squadron Supreme look like a good option to fullfil that void until the Fantastic Four and the X-Men can be used normally again.
    + Howard the Duck could be an alien from another planet like in his original movie, full of all kind ot humanized animals. I believe this planet could also be merged with Larval Earth, Spider-Ham's reality; and it could even be the new homeworld for Rocket Racoon.
    + Devil Dinosaur's world could be easily merged with the Savage Land in the mainstream reality, possibly only causing that the Savage Land will become a little bigger.
    + I don't know much about Obnoxious the Clown and the other characters of "Crazy Magazine", but I guess they could still exist in the mainstream reality somehow.
    + Fusing the Ultimate Universe and the mainstream reality could be a little mess, but I just hope they will pick up "the best of both worlds". For example, from Ultimate Universe: Miles Morales and his associated, its Aunt May, Gwen Stacy still alive, Norman Osborn as a monstrous Goblin, its Ben Grimm and his daugther (without erasing the marriage of mainstream Reed and Sue), Wolverine's son and Jessica Drew (Spider-Man's female clone).

Well, what do you think?

BANNED

This is just my opinion, but I believe the new Marvel Universe in the comics will be similar to what we currently see in the movies and the animated series. And these versions already have signs of mixing alternative Earths, puting characters who originally came from alternative realities into a "mainstream universe". Let me show some examples:
    + In the movie, an potentially the future animated series, of "Guardians of the Galaxy", we have a Yondu, who is a member of the "Guardiand of the Galaxy 3000".
    + In the animated series of the Avengers, we have a Squadron Supreme who came from another planet, not another dimension.
    + In his original movie, Howard the Duck came from another planet, not another reality; so I guess this is the same for the one who appeared in the animated series and GotG's movie.
    + Merging the main 616 with Ultimate reality is clear step, as 616 get his own version of the afroamerican Nick Fury and some other stuff.
    + In Hulk's and the Avengers' animated series, we have a Devil Dinosaur who lives in the "mainstream" reality, in the Savage Land.
    + In Hulk's animated series, we saw a cameo of Obnoxious the Clown, from "Crazy Magazine".
    + Also, in Hulk's animated series, we saw Deathlok as a current character of the main reality, as he comes from an alternative future and he has no way to return to it now.

Considering these points, I believe we could expect to see something like this as the new Marvel Universe. These same realities could be merged with the mainstream reality, allowing us to have characters from these alternative realities to exist in the same world. Let's see:
    + The current Guardians of the Galaxy and their version of year 3000 could merge together into a powerful team similar to the Avengers.
    + Since it seems the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are going to be "temporally disolved", someone has to take their place to fullfil the void. The Squadron Supreme look like a good option to fullfil that void until the Fantastic Four and the X-Men can be used normally again.
    + Howard the Duck could be an alien from another planet like in his original movie, full of all kind ot humanized animals. I believe this planet could also be merged with Larval Earth, Spider-Ham's reality; and it could even be the new homeworld for Rocket Racoon.
    + Devil Dinosaur's world could be easily merged with the Savage Land in the mainstream reality, possibly only causing that the Savage Land will become a little bigger.
    + I don't know much about Obnoxious the Clown and the other characters of "Crazy Magazine", but I guess they could still exist in the mainstream reality somehow.
    + Fusing the Ultimate Universe and the mainstream reality could be a little mess, but I just hope they will pick up "the best of both worlds". For example, from Ultimate Universe: Miles Morales and his associated, its Aunt May, Gwen Stacy still alive, Norman Osborn as a monstrous Goblin, its Ben Grimm and his daugther (without erasing the marriage of mainstream Reed and Sue), Wolverine's son and Jessica Drew (Spider-Man's female clone).

Well, what do you think?
    Xmen and ff are not getting disbanded, Marvel said they're getting books in sept.

BANNED

The 616 has a Black Nick Fury already, Ursa. It doesn't have to merge with Earth-1610 for that (it's more for Miles).

BANNED

Unless marvel is feeling risky and decides to replace fury with the Utimate one.

Astonishing Member

I'm always right.

There's no Shadowline anywhere on Battleworld.
    You better don't be so sure about that, Gordonstar. It's true that there's no official name in none of the areas to suggest an entire zone to this reality, but that's not enough to confirm that it won't be present in this whole saga.

Think about the Area 20 "Manhattan". From the main map, we could assume it's just one reality (Earth-616), but in fact it's composed of two realities (Earth-616 and Ultimate Universe). Considering this, who says the rest of the areas are not the same? I can give you some examples:
    + The City: We already know this area has at least two areas, Forest Hills (ruled by Korvac) and Holy Wood (ruled by Wonder Man). Who says there are not more than this areas?
    + 2099: We have seen four different versions of this reality (and four different Spider-Man who are Miguel O'Hara), so this area could actually be composed by elements of the four alternative future of year 2099.
    + Domain of Apocalypse: The same thing can be applied to this area, as it could combine elements of all the different versions of "Age of Apocalypse" that we have seen.
    + Arachnia: This is an idea of mine. I calculated the area of all zones in the map, and this area is big enough to have five areas of similar sizes than the areas of Earth-616 and the Ultimate Universe in the Manhattan zone. So, in theory, this area could have elements from the realities of the main characters. These are Loomworld (HQ of the Warriors of the Great Web), Marvel Noir (Spider-Man Noir), India (Spider-Man India), Larval Earth (Spider-Ham, which could border with "New Quack City) and the reality of Spider-Gwen.

Xmen and ff are not getting disbanded, Marvel said they're getting books in sept.
    Well, the Fantastic Four ARE going to be disbanded, as they said their characters are going to have roles in the new Universe, but not as a team. Johnny Storm joins the Inhumans (FCBD), and Sue Richards is an Agent of SHIELD. Reed and Ben?, no idea. And about the X-Men, they said their are going to have "their own world", sharing the universe, but not the world. (This makes me think about the Planet X of the Apocalypse Twins). If mutants are going to be apart from the rest of the main characters, someone will have to fullfil that void.

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    The 616 has a Black Nick Fury already, Ursa. It doesn't have to merge with Earth-1610 for that (it's more for Miles).
    You are right, TresDias; but even so, 616's black Nick Fury is a "rookie agent" compared with the Ultimate version. So it would be appropiated if these two Nick Fury merge into one character.

BANNED

You better don't be so sure about that, Gordonstar. It's true that there's no official name in none of the areas to suggest an entire zone to this reality, but that's not enough to confirm that it won't be present in this whole saga.

Think about the Area 20 "Manhattan". From the main map, we could assume it's just one reality (Earth-616), but in fact it's composed of two realities (Earth-616 and Ultimate Universe). Considering this, who says the rest of the areas are not the same? I can give you some examples:
    + The City: We already know this area has at least two areas, Forest Hills (ruled by Korvac) and Holy Wood (ruled by Wonder Man). Who says there are not more than this areas?
    + 2099: We have seen four different versions of this reality (and four different Spider-Man who are Miguel O'Hara), so this area could actually be composed by elements of the four alternative future of year 2099.
    + Domain of Apocalypse: The same thing can be applied to this area, as it could combine elements of all the different versions of "Age of Apocalypse" that we have seen.
    + Arachnia: This is an idea of mine. I calculated the area of all zones in the map, and this area is big enough to have five areas of similar sizes than the areas of Earth-616 and the Ultimate Universe in the Manhattan zone. So, in theory, this area could have elements from the realities of the main characters. These are Loomworld (HQ of the Warriors of the Great Web), Marvel Noir (Spider-Man Noir), India (Spider-Man India), Larval Earth (Spider-Ham, which could border with "New Quack City) and the reality of Spider-Gwen.

Well, the Fantastic Four ARE going to be disbanded, as they said their characters are going to have roles in the new Universe, but not as a team. Johnny Storm joins the Inhumans (FCBD), and Sue Richards is an Agent of SHIELD. Reed and Ben?, no idea. And about the X-Men, they said their are going to have "their own world", sharing the universe, but not the world. (This makes me think about the Planet X of the Apocalypse Twins). If mutants are going to be apart from the rest of the main characters, someone will have to fullfil that void.

You are right, TresDias; but even so, 616's black Nick Fury is a "rookie agent" compared with the Ultimate version. So it would be appropiated if these two Nick Fury merge into one character.
    Marvel said Fantastic Four will have a book in a interview and so will Xmen. Different rosters.

Cyclops is shown in Uncanny Inhumans preview of what's to come when the book comes back in sept.

Don't expect massive changes in the new marvel universe.

Don't read rumor sites like Bleedingcool.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Speaking as someone whose been examining the various books and domains I can explain some stuff for you guys.

Killville is a sort of somewhat retro world (#2 cover for Journal gives it a bit of an 80's vibe) where the bad guys, especially assassins, dominate. Virtually all the heroes in this world are dead thanks to Killville versions of characters like Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Vulture, Rhino, Baron Mordo, Bullseye and the like. MODOK is simply one of the best, in this reality he is able to do exactly what he stands for effectively.

The City is sort of like the central point of Battleworld, it's comprised of numerous domains in a single city environment and seems to be where the school from Runaways, the Arena from Planet Hulk and Ghost Racers and the Thors are likely based. It's probably where you find a bit of everything with the mini domains being like 'suburbs' of reality.

The Regency is a domain where Peter Parker did marry MJ and they had a daughter together, and seems to have a bit of a classic Spidey vibe to it in the sense that Eddie Brock is Venom and Kraven never killed himself. There is also the Regent, who is the Baron of this domain (or as the name suggests overseeing it for another) and who opposes Peter.

Far East is a little confusing but I can explain it sort of. In 'Where Monsters Dwell' Phantom Eagle comes from the Far East and travels to the Valley of Flame domain, so Far East seems to be his native reality. From descriptions it seems to be South East Asia in the 20's, so it might be Mardipour and similar places in that part of the world.

Ghost Racers and Runaways are both in the City domain as I mentioned. Likely same with Thors, though there'll be some titles which will move about the place. Star Lord and Kitty Pryde has no definite location for example, though it features the 616 SL and AOA Kitty. Mrs Deadpool will be set in Monster Metropolis but will also travel to Weirdworld. MODOK: Assassin is primarily set in Killville but the writer has confirmed that two of three bordering domains - Monarchy of M, 2099 and Sentinel Territories - will have a role in the mini. Red Skull involves a group of characters from different realities going to the Deadlands to confirm that Red Skull (which version is unrevealed) is no more.

Battleworld and Journal are anthology series which are like the AVX and Frontline takes for Secret Wars - the former for battles between characters from different domains and the other focusing on domains and characters we might not see elsewhere. For example Journal #1 has a story with 1602 Kate Bishop who will then be appearing in the Siege mini series. Egyptia will be solely represented there too in a story with that domain's X-Men.

Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars is set in the original story from 1984 and is sort of a comedy series with Wade having been involved in the original story.

Currently a selection of locations do not have specific locations to assign them too, mainly 1872, X-hinction Agenda and MC2 (which forms part of the Spider Island series, the other half taking place in the Spider Island domain) but also Yinsen City and Mondo City (though these might be part of the Higher Avalon domain). There are three classified domains which might answer where these are (and as others have suggested 1872 might be part of Weirdworld, though personally I don't believe so).

Hope that helps!

Egyptia ("Forever yesterday"): Not sure, but it could be that one about the egyptian X-Men?
    That is the world from New Warriors #11-13, the "Forever Yesterday" three parter, Earth-9105, it is a Egyptian version of the Avengers/X-men, mostly African/African-American heroes. They also pop-up in Avengers Forever (but who doesnt ?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That is the world from New Warriors #11-13, the "Forever Yesterday" three parter, Earth-9105, it is a Egyptian version of the Avengers/X-men, mostly African/African-American heroes. They also pop-up in Avengers Forever (but who doesnt ?).
    It's not the same one from the books. It dont match.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Hope that helps!
    Most of that info I already knew it, Derek Metaltron. But some details, like the City being the place for "Ghost Racers" and "Thors", I didn't know them. So yeah, that helped. Thanks.

The Killville's info I already knew it, but it's just that calling MODOK "the merc with a mouth", which has been always the nickname for Deadpool, sounds wrong at all levels. That's why I thought this are should be focused on Deadpool as it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Yeah, I know that reality already, Peter Parker. What I meant is that we still don't have info of any collection focused on this area; and then I remembered some sketches days ago about some kind of Egyptian version of the X-Men. That's why I thought those sketches of Egyptian X-Men could be about the story in this area.