Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default Dark/Darkforce/Nightmare Dimensions question.

So, I know a bit more about the Darkforce Dimension than the other two, and I know all three are separate (I believe) but I feel like a few things make them seem to be connected.

I can think of one example in Marvel Knights (I believe), don't remember what issue (I can find it through) Punisher, Daredevil and a few others were stuck in the Darkforce Dimension and Nightmare was after them. As far as I know, he was never stuck in it, so he must have come from his own.

Maybe my lack of knowledge on the other two is making me wrong, but are they all connected somehow? Like maybe same plane, different Dimensions?

Edit:I also just read that Blackheart is most powerful in the Darkforce, so does that mean his father's dimension is also connected? haha

I'm curious to see if you guys can help me, or if it's up in the open, what your opinions are. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 12-31-2018 at 02:04 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

They are different dimensions.

The dark force dimension is where a great number of heroes and villains receive their power from (cloak, silhouette, dark Star, vanisher, nightshade, blackout, asylum, shroud etc etc). This dimension was explored during new warriors vol 1.

The dark dimension is ruled by Dormammu and a completely separate dimension.

The nightmare dimension again is something different ruled by the fear god's/lords.

I don't think there is any link between any of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    They are different dimensions.

The dark force dimension is where a great number of heroes and villains receive their power from (cloak, silhouette, dark Star, vanisher, nightshade, blackout, asylum, shroud etc etc). This dimension was explored during new warriors vol 1.

The dark dimension is ruled by Dormammu and a completely separate dimension.

The nightmare dimension again is something different ruled by the fear god's/lords.

I don't think there is any link between any of the 3.
    Yeah haha, I understand that. I guess I'll reword my question, as I may have done a poor job lol. In the actual marvel universe are these dimensions connected, physically, in anyway? For example, how did Nightmare jump from his dimension to the Darkforce Dimension? Is it just easy to get there? Cause, if I recall, he was trying to use Cloak to leave his dimension, as he was stuck there.
    Pulls:

The storyline with Nightmare being somehow imprisoned in his own dimension never made any sense, as he'd never had difficulty leaving it before. So I wouldn't waste too much thought on it.

There have been occasional attempts to "map" the mystic planes (a rather neat one was in the Marvel Tarot one-shot) but there's never been any official guidelines. It's probably best to think of them as parallel, but separate, like cards in a deck... or pages in a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The storyline with Nightmare being somehow imprisoned in his own dimension never made any sense, as he'd never had difficulty leaving it before. So I wouldn't waste too much thought on it.

There have been occasional attempts to "map" the mystic planes (a rather neat one was in the Marvel Tarot one-shot) but there's never been any official guidelines. It's probably best to think of them as parallel, but separate, like cards in a deck... or pages in a comic.
    Ah! Well thank you! I wasn't sure if that was a normal thing for Nightmare or not, as I don't know much about him. And thanks, I'll check out that "map" just for fun.

Edit: Just found the map on image search. It's cool! But no Darkforce Dimension lol. Shame, cause I guess Cloak and Dagger are in the book. Oh well, guess it's location will just be a mystery.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 12-31-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    Pulls:

It's not comprehensive, no. But then again, there are a LOT of mystic dimensions in the Marvel U. He only had one page.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    It's not comprehensive, no. But then again, there are a LOT of mystic dimensions in the Marvel U. He only had one page.
    True haha. Well thank you for the help and for pointing me towards that issue. It was a very interesting Map.W

I would love to learn more about all of this, so I may go but that issue. I also hope that in the future we get some kind of Darkforce event, cause it really seems like an untapped source in the MU.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My impression from that Marvel Knights story was that Nightmare was entering the Darkforce Dimension and using that to enter our dimension. I didn't get the impression that it was supposed to be his home realm.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My impression from that Marvel Knights story was that Nightmare was entering the Darkforce Dimension and using that to enter our dimension. I didn't get the impression that it was supposed to be his home realm.
    Oh, I didn't think it was his home realm, as well. It was clearly just him entering the DFD to get freedom. I was just wondering how he got to the Dimension from his, and if they were connected in some way.
    Pulls:

I'd like to see Cloak deliver a really hardcore defeat of Nightmare. get him to leave humans alone for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see Cloak deliver a really hardcore defeat of Nightmare. get him to leave humans alone for a good while.
    That would be cool! Maybe next season Hopeless will use Nightmare. Hopeless doesn't seem to be shying away from the Darkforce, since the new series features it heavily, which is great!
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    That would be cool! Maybe next season Hopeless will use Nightmare. Hopeless doesn't seem to be shying away from the Darkforce, since the new series features it heavily, which is great!
    It is worth noting that in Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme #1, Dormammu once used the Darkforce to reconstitute himself and enter our dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    It is worth noting that in Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme #1, Dormammu once used the Darkforce to reconstitute himself and enter our dimension.
    Was it stated how he did that? I'm curious.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Was it stated how he did that? I'm curious.
    Yes, Dormammu sourced the prodigious amounts Strange himself was throwing off as he returned to the lesser planes, and it was this that was stated as enabling him to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    Yes, Dormammu sourced the prodigious amounts Strange himself was throwing off as he returned to the lesser planes, and it was this that was stated as enabling him to do this.
    Hmm, okay. Thanks! I'll have to check out the issue! So it was not a normal thing he could do?
    Pulls: