Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'm still expecting the last few years to be wiped out all together, with everything post Secret Wars being wiped back to just before it.
    That wouldn't surprise me. And it will be one of those situations where only a handful of individuals like Franklin Richards or Monica Rambeau will even remember what happened during that time.

BANNED

Learn the Secret History of NORRIN RADD in SILVER SURFER ANNUAL #1

https://www.newsarama.com/40381-lear...-annual-1.html

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-15-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    this is sick
    Ron Lim to me represented comic books to a 't' with his art, he would have fit in perfectly in the silver age.

BANNED

An inspiring image for a live action Marvel Cosmic Universe!

BANNED

To me, Rom Lim's art fits in perfectly in any age.

BANNED

Default he Coming of Galactus | Marvel TL;DR

BANNED

Default Fantastic Four BEHOLD...GALACTUS! Comic Review

Do members here recall in Avengers #133 where Steve Englehart has Immortus state "five lives have I known"? Including his present incarnation of Immortus, only three others were then known, Kang, Rama-Tut and the Scarlet Centurion. While Nathaniel Richards was probably that fifth identity, this is certainly not who Englehart intended so does anyone have other suggestions?

Just who is Galactus? The current explanation (I think) is that Galactus is a being from the previous universal cycle, thrown outside the Big Crunch and the Big Bang.
    Thor 162.jpg
    But note from the attachment that Galactus is birthed from an Incuba-Cell (before he was found by the "Strongest armada", he was in CUBE-ation).

So what if Galactus was, in fact, Taa's Cube? An ultra-mega-super-Cube beyond the others that get thrown up with some regularity. And Taa, as one being, make their one wish: to stop the universe from collapsing.

That request is so challenging that their Cube matures in record time, but, it turns out – since this happens in every possible universe, it’s impossible to swap out, and so is beyond the immediate power of the Galactus-Cube, and he informs them of that fact. The prevention of universal collapse can be done, but it has to start just about at the universe’s beginning – which is what Galactus, still charged with that wish, vows to do, even though Taa is doomed. So he plunges in the biggest black hole in that cosmos to do his work – emerging out of a giant – Cube.

But wait – that whole pulsating universe thing has been shown by current cosmologists to be nonsense. Now it’s possible that the universe is expanding without possibility of contraction because the big Galactus is succeeding – but it’s possible that there’s something else involved: and that’s that all that selfless stuff is not the way it worked out – and that Taa was/is in fact the last civilisation of OUR universe, with Galactus being sent back to fix Taa’s own past – our universe. And yes, it does seem to be working, even though the price seems pretty high.

This would then place the Silver Surfer's role in a different light, that is, that he sought out planets – not because they were fat and juicy, but because they were ripe for Cube development. And of course he was perfect for the job, because his own Cosmic (Cube) energy drew him to those places. It’s also why his subsequent heralds sucked (and it leads me to contemplate the idea of Kubik serving as Galactus’s new herald). And it explains why Galactus punished the Surfer the way he did: he couldn’t destroy him – didn’t dare remove the sheathing – and had to keep him where he could find him – which ALSO explains why he kept coming back to Earth. Furthermore, although it would possibly require a little timeline juggling, the Surfer was finally freed (no matter what other explanations might have been given) at the occasion of Kubik’s birth – eliminating the danger posed by Earth as far as Galactus was concerned (the big G’s contingency plan was, since he was presented from simply eating the earth, was to use the Surfer to counteract the Earth Cube – and one could throw in the destruction of Wundarr’s home planet turning out to have been by Galactus – with him guiding their nascent anti-cube entity to Earth to become the Aquarian).

But two really interesting things: the first is that, of all the places on Earth for the big Galactus to land, where does he choose (SS choosing it for him)? The Baxter Building! And at which point in time? RIGHT as Reed Richards finishes his Negative Zone Cube. The Watcher knows this, he only warns them when there’s no avoiding the consequences. Since my theory is that a Cube searches all possible realities and swaps them out according to the operator’s wishes, it’s easy to see Richards’ Dimensional travel cube as the foundation of how Cubes do their jobs. And that is an even worse danger than a Cube, since it ultimately hands Cube power to lesser beings without growing a Cube entity. The real subtext of the FF-Galactus confrontation is the Watcher showing Galactus that Reed Richards is a noble being whose instincts are selfless. Plus the checkmate move of the Ultimate Nullifier.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    A bit tangential to this thread.
    But i am hoping that the story in Superior Spider-Man will have Terrax well writen.
    Considering that is writen by Christos Cage i think the former herald of Galactius will be a interesting antagonist to Otto Octavious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Early Galactus without Helmet

By John Byrne

I miss Byrne drawing Galactus and every other marvel character

BANNED

You might be right.