Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Galactus Appreciation

Don't think I saw one, so here goes

This one's for THE Cosmic Entity.
    The Destroyer of Worlds, Ravager of Galaxys, the first sentient being of the universe, the constant that must be to stabilize time and Space.

Galactus is and ever will be.
    Norrin Radd

So, let us share our love for Big, purple G and lets hope that he won't stay to long in Limbo aka Ultimate's universe Negative Zone for too long

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I love the character, I just wish he was treated respectfully and not just as some sort of cosmic measuring stick. Editorial should restrain writers in using cosmic entities, especially Galactus being the most prominent one. The current Thor arc is one of those instances where restraint should have been used.

Tough call on my favorite Galactus story. I like when he comes though as the big hero though like in The Thanos Imperative, the Abraxas storyline in FF, the recent evil Celestials story in FF, and Silver Surfer vol. 2 when he confronts Mephisto.

I like that Galactus is a perfect melding of a cosmic abstract and the previous universe's analog of a human, I enjoy Galactus as a force of nature, but those sparks of humanity make the character unique.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I like him, but then the concept of a world-eating, gigantic purple alien is just too much fun not to like.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Jason Aaron is using him well in Thor right now, in the part of the storyline set in the far future. He's eventually going to get his ass kicked by Old Thor and his plot device weapon, but in the meantime, he's having a good showing.

BANNED

Loved Galactus my all time favorite in cosmic beings in Marvel. One of the things I always like about Galactus's origin is states out right he's older than the Elder gods coming from the previous universe.
    But while being reborn he still holds on to his roots from being the last son of TAA. I also give big thumbs up to any artist giving their effort in creating Galactus's ship TAA ll its not an easy feet for some I'm assuming.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just wish he would quite being used as a plot device to shore up whatever new cosmic threat of the weeks shows up. This is a creature that stand on equal footing with highest powers in the universe. He should not be getting punked. Ever. They really need to reastablish that when the big G shows up people crap their pants and run for their lives.

BANNED

Default Comes the Conqueror, Kang Appreciation

From the 30th century he ties with Ultron as the Avenger's greatest adversary.
    Commands Legions of worlds across time and space and carved a new destiny from his predetermined
    destiny becoming Immortus. I give you Kang the conqueror

And my personal favorite moment from Avengers Forever
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Last edited by stingnewell; 05-26-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just wish he would quite being used as a plot device to shore up whatever new cosmic threat of the weeks shows up. This is a creature that stand on equal footing with highest powers in the universe. He should not be getting punked. Ever. They really need to reastablish that when the big G shows up people crap their pants and run for their lives.
    Yeah, during the last years he has been used way too much for
    *Wow, look at this new awesome entity! He can kick GALACTUS' ass! He must be REALLY tough!*

But at least he has a decent excuse for it, most of the time he is just severely underfed....

I see in the 30th century they don't have fashion consultants.

Doom dresses much better.

Please though ...run down the list of times recently big G has been pawned for a story's sake..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Please though ...run down the list of times recently big G has been pawned for a story's sake..
    Fantastic Four by Hickman
    Annihilation
    Chaos War
    Secret War

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think Fialkov really achieved that in Hunger, then Cataclysm happened.

Well to be fair, up until the very last issue in Cataclysm (giant Kitty Pryde.....please) Big G was kicking everyones ass.

All-New Member

Favorite Marvel villain of all time. Looking forward to see what happens with him in Uncanny Avengers.

BANNED