Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
Technically Galactus beat the Dire Wraiths' black sun if I recall.

Love the character, wish he'd be consistently treated with respect and not as the go to cosmic measuring stick (like the Krona scans show, the Phoenix confrontation was actually handled decently as he was hungry and Phoenix blew up the device that had the planet's gathered energies right in Galactus' face beforehand, and it lead to a philosophical discussion about each of their places in the universe). He's either been portrayed as a godlike entity or a measuring stick in recent years, just one extreme to the other. Even the Celestials have been doing the job a bit in recent years though, not just 60's cosmic characters like Galactus, Ego, Mephisto, Nightmare, and Eternity (and anyone in a Thanos comic written by Starlin).

What I'd like to see one day would be a confrontation between Galactus and Dormammu, some sort of Silver Surfer+Dr. Strange mini-series written by the right person (maybe DeMatteis since he's still in the game and has written both cosmic and mystic/magically oriented series', Gillen also handled the cosmic and mystic side of things pretty well in Journey into Mystery, but hasn't really hit that mark elsewhere).
I believe that Galactus, even when hungry should still be very powerful to the extent he can tangle/engage a small group of Celestials and come out triumphant. When he's fed, and depending on how much energy that planet has given him, he should be an equal to his siblings Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion.

I especially didn't like how he was handled by Jason Aaron in the recent Last Days of Midgard arch of Thor: God of Thunder, especially his humiliating defeat. We all know that Galactus has faced and withstood far worse than Gorr's Necrosword. His battles with Tyrant destroyed countless galaxies, Death herself could not keep him from resurrecting himself, and let's not forget how he stood against the forces of the Cancerverse alone.

Marvel seriously needs to give Galactus a lot more respect.