Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Technically Galactus beat the Dire Wraiths' black sun if I recall.

Love the character, wish he'd be consistently treated with respect and not as the go to cosmic measuring stick (like the Krona scans show, the Phoenix confrontation was actually handled decently as he was hungry and Phoenix blew up the device that had the planet's gathered energies right in Galactus' face beforehand, and it lead to a philosophical discussion about each of their places in the universe). He's either been portrayed as a godlike entity or a measuring stick in recent years, just one extreme to the other. Even the Celestials have been doing the job a bit in recent years though, not just 60's cosmic characters like Galactus, Ego, Mephisto, Nightmare, and Eternity (and anyone in a Thanos comic written by Starlin).

What I'd like to see one day would be a confrontation between Galactus and Dormammu, some sort of Silver Surfer+Dr. Strange mini-series written by the right person (maybe DeMatteis since he's still in the game and has written both cosmic and mystic/magically oriented series', Gillen also handled the cosmic and mystic side of things pretty well in Journey into Mystery, but hasn't really hit that mark elsewhere).
    I believe that Galactus, even when hungry should still be very powerful to the extent he can tangle/engage a small group of Celestials and come out triumphant. When he's fed, and depending on how much energy that planet has given him, he should be an equal to his siblings Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion.

I especially didn't like how he was handled by Jason Aaron in the recent Last Days of Midgard arch of Thor: God of Thunder, especially his humiliating defeat. We all know that Galactus has faced and withstood far worse than Gorr's Necrosword. His battles with Tyrant destroyed countless galaxies, Death herself could not keep him from resurrecting himself, and let's not forget how he stood against the forces of the Cancerverse alone.

Marvel seriously needs to give Galactus a lot more respect.

BANNED

Early Galactus without Helmet

By John Byrne

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-11-2015 at 10:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I believe that Galactus, even when hungry should still be very powerful to the extent he can tangle/engage a small group of Celestials and come out triumphant. When he's fed, and depending on how much energy that planet has given him, he should be an equal to his siblings Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion.

I especially didn't like how he was handled by Jason Aaron in the recent Last Days of Midgard arch of Thor: God of Thunder, especially his humiliating defeat. We all know that Galactus has faced and withstood far worse than Gorr's Necrosword. His battles with Tyrant destroyed countless galaxies, Death herself could not keep him from resurrecting himself, and let's not forget how he stood against the forces of the Cancerverse alone.

Marvel seriously needs to give Galactus a lot more respect.
    For me I hated the dialogue by Jason the most, it just didn't sound like Galactus at all. Makes me glad he hasn't written too much cosmic stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    For me I hated the dialogue by Jason the most, it just didn't sound like Galactus at all. Makes me glad he hasn't written too much cosmic stories.
    Tell me about it. Horrible dialogue for Galactus and an awful showing in general. If there's one thing about Jason Aaron that I've learned, it is that he should never write the Hulk, Thanos, or cosmic characters. Ever.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    wait..............hes NOT evil?
    Galactus is a force of nature. He just is. Is a tornado evil or a hurricane? He is a vital part of the universe. Too many **** writers have forgotten that over the last 20 years.

BANNED

Where's the scans of him devouring delicious Hostess Fruit Pies? You guys are behind the curve.

BANNED

The man that made me a fan of Galactus and the voice I still use reading to this day. Still miss ya Tony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Galactus is a force of nature. He just is. Is a tornado evil or a hurricane? He is a vital part of the universe. Too many **** writers have forgotten that over the last 20 years.
    Tell me about it. Especially what Jason Aaron did with Galactus. If Marvel has any sense, they'll keep him far away from cosmic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    The man that made me a fan of Galactus and the voice I still use reading to this day. Still miss ya Tony.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amUJOeuxpXE
    Ah, Tony Jay was awesome as Galactus! And here I thought I was the only one who envisions his voice whenever reading Galactus' dialogue.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Am I the only one who wishes that Marvel/Disney would at least obtain the rights to Galactus and his heralds for the MCU? Then we'd finally get a proper adaptation of Big G. I hated Fox's FF films (and the reboot will probably suck as well) and the people who said Galactus wouldn't work on the big screen. Well, thanks to GotG, in which we seen the Celestials, I would like to think that was Marvel giving Fox and all the naysayers a big FU to those who claimed beings like Galactus and the Celestials couldn't be menacing.

This illustration of Galactus by nebezial proves my point.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED