Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I figured it was just a matter of time.
    ......Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that there.....but I was hoping this would happen much later.....oh, well...!!

That's usually the case when a writer or regime wants a desired result. How they reach that result often times is nonsensical.

My question is this: According to Ultimates, the role of Galactus was to be the Lifebringer all along from Day 0. That's a cosmic role that needs to be filled, one would think. If not by Galactus, then who?
    Speaking of the Ultimates... when Carol, Adam, T'Challa, Monica and America learn of this, they are going to be PISSED.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of the Ultimates... when Carol, Adam, T'Challa, Monica and America learn of this, they are going to be PISSED.
    Not to mention Anti-Man. I mean Logos was basically trying to turn Galactus back into the Devourer when Anti sacrificed himself. If I was the writers, I would sleep in a fully shielded secret bunker in a black ops site for the next few months. Anti-Man has cosmos wrecking abilities when he puts his mind to it. They're toast if he finds them.

Not to mention Anti-Man. I mean Logos was basically trying to turn Galactus back into the Devourer when Anti sacrificed himself. If I was the writers, I would sleep in a fully shielded secret bunker in a black ops site for the next few months. Anti-Man has cosmos wrecking abilities when he puts his mind to it. They're toast if he finds them.
    Uh... Whoops?

Silver Surfer is going to be persona non grata for a short while.

Astonishing Member

......No kidding about that....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Silver Surfer is going to be persona non grata for a short while.
    ....And all that just to keep one of the Infinity Stone out of the wrong hands.....!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I think it was done a bit anti-climactically, I agree it was just a matter of time. I was somewhat surprised he didn't return to status quo at the end of Ultimates honestly. Maybe they should have in hindsight.
    They should have. Ultimates being the hero story of Galactus, who has to sacrifice his peace at the end to embrace his destiny as devourer would have been a much much better story than this way of turning him back.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I don't know this for certain, but I think initially Ewing was going to turn Galactus back into the Devourer when he first started writing Ultimates, but something changed. Either he ran out of time as the book was abruptly cancelled, or he fell in love with the notion that he had bucked the system by having a team like the Ultimates in the first place...so why not keep it going a little longer? I think he knew that someone was going to turn Galan back into the Devourer. Now they just need to bring back Uatu and it will be like the last few years never happened. Well, you spent your money, but that's the only proof that you have -- an empty wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This begs the question, who will be the next new herald of Galactus? Tamara Devoux is my pick.

I wish there'd be another story involving all the heralds.

Think the last time we had a collection of heralds was annihilation.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What happened to Stardust anyway? I know she reformed and returned to Galactus after she was taken out in Annihilation, but I have not read anything since so I don't know if this was mentioned in the Ultimates series. She is the most loyal herald Galactus has ever had.

Astonishing Member

I don't know this for certain, but I think initially Ewing was going to turn Galactus back into the Devourer when he first started writing Ultimates, but something changed. Either he ran out of time as the book was abruptly cancelled, or he fell in love with the notion that he had bucked the system by having a team like the Ultimates in the first place...so why not keep it going a little longer? I think he knew that someone was going to turn Galan back into the Devourer. Now they just need to bring back Uatu and it will be like the last few years never happened. Well, you spent your money, but that's the only proof that you have -- an empty wallet.
    he confirmed his intent to revert galactus but changed his mind liking the new version

end of run notes issue 100 iirc

Pity it's been reduced again

I liked it

Another pointless story arc reversing it so soon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They should have. Ultimates being the hero story of Galactus, who has to sacrifice his peace at the end to embrace his destiny as devourer would have been a much much better story than this way of turning him back.
    That would have worked for me if it had been kept to that story itself

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm still expecting the last few years to be wiped out all together, with everything post Secret Wars being wiped back to just before it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What happened to Stardust anyway? I know she reformed and returned to Galactus after she was taken out in Annihilation, but I have not read anything since so I don't know if this was mentioned in the Ultimates series. She is the most loyal herald Galactus has ever had.
    He was never mentioned or seen again unfortunately.