Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think the only writers that have gotten him right in the last 25 years were Keith Giffen in Annihilation and DnA in Nova. When he broke loose in Annihilation he was total monster which is what he should be. In the Nova story right after that he pretty much just ignores Nova and goes about eating the world he was after.

I am just so tired of seeing modern writers always have to job Galactus to build up whatever universal threat of the week they are working on

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the only writers that have gotten him right in the last 25 years were Keith Giffen in Annihilation and DnA in Nova. When he broke loose in Annihilation he was total monster which is what he should be. In the Nova story right after that he pretty much just ignores Nova and goes about eating the world he was after.

I am just so tired of seeing modern writers always have to job Galactus to build up whatever universal threat of the week they are working on
    I agree. Galactus is one the most powerful beings in existence. He's not to be messed with. Not only is he immensely powerful-- which he should be because he is a universal constant like his siblings Eternity, Death, Infinity and Oblivion-- but he's able to create weapons of such power that they can easily destroy universes/timelines just by activating them.

I would personally love to see a series focusing on Galactus, just as long as it's written by a writer who understands and knows how to utilize him accurately. It could delve into his prior life as Galan of Taa in the form of flashbacks, while in the current time he's either devouring planets or dealing with vast cosmic threats that only he can eliminate. It'd make an interesting mini-series, if nothing else.

BANNED

BANNED

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-11-2015 at 10:19 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-11-2015 at 10:20 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 06-11-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    wait..............hes NOT evil?
    No he is not lol! my baby is just hungry

BANNED

Yeah, I don't consider the Big G evil as well. The Reapers in Mass Effect wipe out entire civilizations and empires just to keep organic life under control. Galactus seeks planets in order to keep the universe spinning.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

He's not evil. He exists. He is the most Nietzchean embodiment in the MU.

BRING HIM BACK.

BANNED

For those interested I have posted an origin of Galactus mortal form Galan of Taa
    http://community.comicbookresources....d=1#post577721

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    For those interested I have posted an origin of Galactus mortal form Galan of Taa
    http://community.comicbookresources....d=1#post577721
    It was actually that Universe's Eternity (and possibly Infinity, Death, and Oblivion as well) that Galan merged with when his universe perished, not the Phoenix Force whose power is nowhere near that of Eternity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    It was actually that Universe's Eternity (and possibly Infinity, Death, and Oblivion as well) that Galan merged with when his universe perished, not the Phoenix Force whose power is nowhere near that of Eternity.
    Well so far all the origins I've looked up on Wiki, Marvel.com and Fantastic Four Encyclopedia say the Phoenix Force was involved in Galactus, also it said the Phoenix merely saved him and that he still merged with Eternity.

Niffleheim

I just finished reading Infinity War and wow Galactus' ego is even bigger than he is lol!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Well so far all the origins I've looked up on Wiki, Marvel.com and Fantastic Four Encyclopedia say the Phoenix Force was involved in Galactus, also it said the Phoenix merely saved him and that he still merged with Eternity.
    And I've read all the comics that have established Galactus' origin. Don't believe everything those sites tell you. It's best to get the comics and get the information from the source. The Phoenix Force had nothing to do with Galan becoming Galactus.