Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alientraveller View Post
    Hi folks, I just had a thought: Fox's Silver Surfer film rights will expire if they don't develop a movie with the character by 2017, meaning he will return to Disney, and possibly so will the Galactus rights. I know Marvel have several villains who could replace Thanos as the big bad of their film series (Kang, Korvac, Mephisto, Beyonder, Celestials) but it would be awesome seeing the Avengers, Guardians et al. witnessing the coming of Galactus? If Marvel Studios gains the rights to him, they could even have him cameo in Infinity War!
    That would be awesome. To have a faithful adaptation of Galactus and his Heralds in the MCU would be awesome. And it'd also explain who might have been responsible for decapitating the Celestial that became the location known as Nowhere.

As for future Avengers antagonists, I'd personally like to see: Galactus, the Celestials, the Beyonder, Kang the Conqueror, the Leader, and Maestro Hulk.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Hi folks, I just had a thought: Fox's Silver Surfer film rights will expire if they don't develop a movie with the character by 2017, meaning he will return to Disney, and possibly so will the Galactus rights. I know Marvel have several villains who could replace Thanos as the big bad of their film series (Kang, Korvac, Mephisto, Beyonder, Celestials) but it would be awesome seeing the Avengers, Guardians et al. witnessing the coming of Galactus? If Marvel Studios gains the rights to him, they could even have him cameo in Infinity War!
    Do we have a source on that? Because I would have assumed Surfer/Galactus would be covered by FF film rights?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post

Is this from Agents os Smash?
    Gosh, can't believe this horrible show is still running.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Do we have a source on that? Because I would have assumed Surfer/Galactus would be covered by FF film rights?
    Silver Surfer was being developed as a film long before Fox decided to use the character into the F4 sequel. I recall rumours that Disney offered Fox an extension on the Daredevil in exchange for returning Surfer to their fold, so they could use Galactus. If Fox's right to Surfer was on the basis of owning F4, then they would also logically have the rights to the Inhumans, Black Panther and Ronan the Accuser, other F4 characters who have headlined their own comics. Galactus does exist in a grey area though given he is considered a Silver Surfer and F4 character, so Marvel might avoid using him (although I see no reason Fox would want to use him, it's not like he's the son of a popular supervillain, and they already have big bads like Annihilus, Apocalypse and Phoenix).

And all that could be moot if the F4 reboot bombs! I do have my doubts about that though, afterall the 2005 film spawned a sequel that kept the characters with Fox for another eight years.

Silver Surfer was being developed as a film long before Fox decided to use the character into the F4 sequel. I recall rumours that Disney offered Fox an extension on the Daredevil in exchange for returning Surfer to their fold, so they could use Galactus. If Fox's right to Surfer was on the basis of owning F4, then they would also logically have the rights to the Inhumans, Black Panther and Ronan the Accuser, other F4 characters who have headlined their own comics. Galactus does exist in a grey area though given he is considered a Silver Surfer and F4 character, so Marvel might avoid using him (although I see no reason Fox would want to use him, it's not like he's the son of a popular supervillain, and they already have big bads like Annihilus, Apocalypse and Phoenix).

And all that could be moot if the F4 reboot bombs! I do have my doubts about that though, afterall the 2005 film spawned a sequel that kept the characters with Fox for another eight years.
    Has the Surfer had significant adventures without the FF corner of the universe? Because I think the big factor could be that those other heroes had non-FF adventures pretty quickly. Ronan is probably best remembered as an Avengers villain and the big bad from the Kree Skrull War, and Black Panther joined the Avengers pretty quickly and has been mostly associated with that franchise since then.

BANNED

Galactus

By: Gary Frank

BANNED

Galactus

By: Ron Lim

I hope Marvel studios gets the rights to Galactus back by phase 4, and have him be the big bad of Phase 4 I.E. Have Phase 4 kick-off with GotG 3 with them encountering Galuctus and trying to keep him from devouring some obscure planet. have em fail and then forget about it until they notice him moving towards Earth. Then have Captain Marvel 2 be about Carol trying to get to earth before Galactus to warn the Avengers Then Thor 4 with Thor and Beta Ray Bill repelling a devouring attempt on Asgard and then have things reach a climax with Avengers 4 where the Avengers are struggling until Captain Marvel and Thor and Beta Ray Bill show up.

BANNED

GALACTUS

By: Mahmud Asrar

BANNED

Happy Birthday Mike Zeck!!!

ULTRON VS. GALACTUS: SECRET WARS (1984)

Don’t mess with Galactus! Artwork by Mike Zeck
    http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogsp...mike-zeck.html

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Galactus

By: Ron Lim

Excuse me while I go and dig out The Herald Ordeal for a re-read.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrange View Post
    I had always dismissed Galactus as a bit of a big, pink/purple joke. I recently read The Thanos Imperative and was really impressed with just how, well, impressive and cool he came off.

Can anyone else recommend any other similar appearances/stories where Galactus shows up and comes across as so awe-inspiring?
    I really liked him in the early Englehart/Starlin Surfer series (vol3?) with Ron Lim art. Much of that is prelude to Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post

What book are these scan from?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-12-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    What book are these scan from?[/CENTER]
    Fantastic Four #175

BANNED

Thanks... I'm gonna read it now It's a shame how they jobbed Galactus he's supposed to be the balance between Eternity and Death -- killing him off made little sense.