Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Thanos always seems to have some sort of force fields right?
    No, not always.

He has used them, for example against a power gem bearing Champion and against a somewhat perturbed Galactus.

But, in standard rumbles rules, even though each character has a basic knowledge of their opponent(s), Thanos lacks the reaction speed to put said shields up before at least a few of these versions of Superman get through and start with the pummeling.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Can Thanos fly or teleport without his tech? If not, PC Superman can just take away all his tech and then throw him into another star system. Would that work?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Can Thanos fly or teleport without his tech? If not, PC Superman can just take away all his tech and then throw him into another star system. Would that work?
    Yes, he can do both without tech on him. He can even teleport others without tech on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yes, he can do both without tech on him. He can even teleport others without tech on him.
    So would you say this team wins?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Actually I don't think he can, but said tech is built into his suit and possibly his body. Also, if there's any matter around he could probably transmute it into the components he needs to rebuild stuff.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 05-04-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    So would you say this team wins?
    That's a whole lot of nope.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    No, not always.

He has used them, for example against a power gem bearing Champion and against a somewhat perturbed Galactus.

But, in standard rumbles rules, even though each character has a basic knowledge of their opponent(s), Thanos lacks the reaction speed to put said shields up before at least a few of these versions of Superman get through and start with the pummeling.
    That pummeling isn't something I see taking the dude out before he starts up with the esoterics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That pummeling isn't something I see taking the dude out before he starts up with the esoterics.
    Indeed.

I'm thinking BFR for the versions that can't move through time/dimensions, drop some with TP mind wipe and transmutation for any that are left just for S & G's.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Actually I don't think he can, but said tech is built into his suit and possibly his body. Also, if there's any matter around he could probably transmute it into the components he needs to rebuild stuff.
    Then what's stopping Superman from ripping off of his clothes (terrible sight, I know) and then throwing him into space? Are there scans that Thanos has tech inside his body? I'm thinking he has innate abilities but don't know enough about him to say for sure.

BANNED

A lot of these Supermen coming at Thanos at very super speed how could Thanos get a mind whammy on them before they all dog pile him? You could say Pre-Crisis wouldn't be able for knockout alone but with Kingdom Come and Superboy Prime with him they are no slouch in strength either and what about the Superboy telekinetic or is his tele kinda crappy?

Kingdom Come Superman and Superboy-Prime blitzing Thanos would do exactly 2 things:
    Jack and Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Then what's stopping Superman from ripping off of his clothes (terrible sight, I know) and then throwing him into space? Are there scans that Thanos has tech inside his body? I'm thinking he has innate abilities but don't know enough about him to say for sure.
    According to his origin story, Thanos gets his power from a combination of genetics, cybernetics, magic, and technology. When he is using his powers, writers often skip describing the nature of the power that he is wielding, so we just see big energy blasts or teleportation or force fields. They could be technological in nature, or innate powers, or even magic. He generally doesn't bother with the peculiar hand gestures that most Marvel magic wielders display.

I think I know at least that his ability to teleport himself is connected to his mechanical throne.

During Infinity Gauntlet he couldn't teleport when stranded in space, probably because it got destroyed.

Thanos took a blast from the cosmic cube right to the crotch(I am not kidding), while he was naked(again; I shit you not and yes; he was bare naked). So he is still stupidly tough even without his gear.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think I know at least that his ability to teleport himself is connected to his mechanical throne.

During Infinity Gauntlet he couldn't teleport when stranded in space, probably because it got destroyed.
    There was the factor of his having specifically been banished by Nebula with the Infinity Gauntlet. He has otherwise teleported people by all of pointing at them and energy from his finger hitting them