Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I smell someone being condescending despite using a measuring stick that's, at best, arbitrary.

Must be a Thursday.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    During his struggles with Seth and Infinity, several galaxies were destroyed.

And yes, given that they are mere side effects of his battles, I'd say it's casual.
    Being more... consistent to actual things, Odin's struggles with Seth and Infinity are ridiculously beyond Odin's usual. Especially with Seth, it would have to mean given what else happened in that arc, that you feel that Balder, Loki and Red Norvell Thor are multiversal beings.

Now, by Advanced Bushido and Jim's standards, clearly it would mean instead that no, Odin's struggles with those beings are totally valid, and all those guys are multiversal beings.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-07-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Being more... consistent to actual things, Odin's struggles with Seth and Infinity are ridiculously beyond Odin's usual. Especially with Seth, it would have to mean given what else happened in that arc, that you feel that Balder, Loki and Red Norvell Thor are multiversal beings.
    Based on what is Odin considered a Galaxy Buster then?

Again, these are his only showings of doing that.

You know how many times Thanos busted a planet? Exactly once. And also as a side effect of a battle with somebody else. Never saw you arguing against that one.
    That is because he has a boat load of other feats that put him there. Such as beating the Surfer to near death with just a few hits in almost every one of their fights, smacking around Drax who can rip apart a star casually, manhandling virtually each and every single class 100 in strength as if they were bugs, etc. He doesn't just have that one feat. He has a truck load.

You know how many times Celestials busted a single galaxy, let alone multiple? Never. It's still accepted that they can, given they're treatment of Skyfathers.
    Again; they have several feats that support them. They routinely are portrayed as being vastly above Skyfathers, and beings that Galactus has trouble with in a fight.

With your logic: Odin is on the same level as Galactus because one time they koed each other when Odin gave him a head but.

The Celestials being more powerful doesn't mean Odin's power is non-existent.
    Compared to them it is.

But for clarification, here are the two scans
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...laxy_super.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...tery513p18.jpg

It clearly speaks of galaxies, not a single galaxy.
    Long dead galaxies at that. And also between 2 powerful beings. Again; high end consistent feats mate. Granted: I don't know what a dead galaxy looks like. Could make no difference. But still.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Based on what is Odin considered a Galaxy Buster then?

Again, these are his only showings of doing that.
    Him and some dude all out fighting over some scepter thing lit up a galaxy.

Well, you could correct me, but singling out quantifiable/usable/non SMvsFL-feats and leaving hyperbole or showings beyond the usual paygrade is a standart-procedure on this bord, yes?
    The instant that comes to mind would be the horrible Avenegrs Assemble storyline. Surely nobody takes Thanos being hurt by Cap's shield serious, but him casually mind-controling Hulk during the same arc is still a usable feat.

If we put aside the hyperbolic Multiversal narrating in those 2 arcs, the multiple galaxie-busting is still fine for Odin.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-18-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Well, you could correct me, but singling out quantifiable/usable/non SMvsFL-feats and leaving hyperbole or showings beyond the usual paygrade is a standart-procedure on this baord, yes?
    The instant that comes to mind would be the horrible Avenegrs Assemble storyline. Surely nobody takes Thanos being hurt by Cap#s shield serious, but him casually mind-controling Hulk during the same arc is still a usable feat.

If we put aside the hyperbolic Multiversal narrating in those 2 arcs, the multiple galaxie-busting is still fine for Odin.
    No they're really not, Seth goes from a guy who is mixing it up with the rest of the Asgardians to having a fight that imperils the entire multiverse with Odin. To the point that Doctor Strange is going "oh crap! The entire multiverse is going to be destroyed!" It's not just isolating one narration box. Strange himself is going "oh noes!"

edit: Also, ehhh, really I wouldn't shed any tears with treating Avengers Assemble as "none of that thing is usable due to crap", but the places where I've otherwise brought it up have again involved "everything counts!" sort of arguments, so hey, why not. At most I still reference the other stuff in a "even when Thanos is being massively lowballed, he still managed to.." sort of way, acknowledging the other bits. Here this is.. the opposite of that.

There's a difference between "even when written below capacity, they still managed X" and "here's stuff they did while being written wildly beyond themselves".
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-07-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I smell someone being condescending despite using a measuring stick that's, at best, arbitrary.

Must be a Thursday.
    In case this is being directed to me: Not trying to be condescending. Just pointing out that he isn't shown to be that powerful on a consistent basis.

And Celestials are powerful. But I don't see one outright ignoring an attack that Anarchist is claiming Odin to be capable of dishing out. Especially while Odin is teamed up with other Skyfathers. I mean if an all out attack by a supposed casual multi-galaxy buster and two other skyfathers is being sent at a Celestial, then I'd imagine that said Celestial is going to feel it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

Didn't Odin and the Skyfathers not come out well vs. the Celestials. Old story.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Didn't Odin and the Skyfathers not come out well vs. the Celestials. Old story.
    They came out extremely badly vs the Celestials, yes.

Now, going by the Superman multiversal standard, this could just mean the Celestials are multiversal++++ beings.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    That is because he has a boat load of other feats that put him there. Such as beating the Surfer to near death with just a few hits in almost every one of their fights, smacking around Drax who can rip apart a star casually, manhandling virtually each and every single class 100 in strength as if they were bugs, etc. He doesn't just have that one feat. He has a truck load.
    Can Superman beat the Silver Surfer?
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Maybe Pre-Crisis or Prime versions, and that depends on if they can KO him before he turns intangible, or starts emitting Red Sunlight/Kryptonite radiation, or teleports him into the heart of a Red Sun, or transmutes Clark to glass, or rips the solar energy from his cells, etc... Well, Prime may be able to whether/neutralize those abilities since he's got a GL ring.

I'm not counting Superman 1 Million because he's not Clark Kent/Kal El, but one of his descendants. Also, because I know next to nothing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    What do you think on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Maybe Pre-Crisis or Prime versions, and that depends on if they can KO him before he turns intangible, or starts emitting Red Sunlight/Kryptonite radiation, or teleports him into the heart of a Red Sun, or transmutes Clark to glass, or rips the solar energy from his cells, etc... Well, Prime may be able to whether/neutralize those abilities since he's got a GL ring.

I'm not counting Superman 1 Million because he's not Clark Kent/Kal El, but one of his descendants. Also, because I know next to nothing about him.
    In terms of feats? He is physically stronger than PC Superman, about as fast as post-Crisis Superman, and has force vision, which allows him to keep a galaxy back, and can digitize himself to fight virus's in a computer, becoming the worlds greatest anti-virus program.

Considering he lacks any speed feats I'd imagine he is only as fast as post Crisis Supes. So he would be dog meat if he tried to take on Surfer.

PC Superman can blitz Surfer into the ground with a few hits.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

and has force vision, which allows him to keep a galaxy back
    onrushing galaxy no less.