All-New Member lowflyingpelican's Avatar

Default Kirby's Fourth World Collections

Not sure if this has been addressed somewhere else, but since those omnibuses have been out of print its incredibly difficult to find collected editions of Kirby's work, specifically his New Gods stuff. Anybody have any information regarding a new release?

I feel like DC is biding time until a full-on omnibus is released, a la Simonson's Orion omnibus that just came out. Here's to hoping, at least!

No new info of reprints or new collections has been released.
    BB

You're missing out if you don't own Kirby's Fourth World!

BANNED

Weren't these reprinted a little while ago? I'm pretty sure I've seen copies of them with the new DC logo.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Weren't these reprinted a little while ago? I'm pretty sure I've seen copies of them with the new DC logo.
    Are you thinking of this?
    BB

BANNED

And what did everyone think of this?

I didn't enjoy this but I loved Eternals. I'm kind of glad 4th World got rare, I made a nice profit reselling mine. On the other hand, since they all sold out why not go into reprints? :/ I expected this to have a common goal but the entire series interconnecting are still kind of aimless. Especially Forever People. Mister Miracle was the most fun. I literally had no idea what was really going on if anything was going on or being built.

The art was great of course.

I don't see why they wouldn't reprint it. Even the trades are OOP.
    Was planning on picking up Orion but hesitated because I've never read 4th world.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    And what did everyone think of this?

I didn't enjoy this but I loved Eternals. I'm kind of glad 4th World got rare, I made a nice profit reselling mine. On the other hand, since they all sold out why not go into reprints? :/ I expected this to have a common goal but the entire series interconnecting are still kind of aimless. Especially Forever People. Mister Miracle was the most fun. I literally had no idea what was really going on if anything was going on or being built.

The art was great of course.
    I think it is one of the greatest runs anyone has had in comics, truly amazing work on all the Fourth World books by Kirby. Biggest problem the characters have had is people do not know how to use them, but for anyone who has not read it and enjoys Kirby should give this a read.

A very kbowledgable friend of mine who writes/draws comics says that Kirby's 4th World is the apex of superhero comics. Bold, but valid.

I really want a new edition. Was getting into Kirby in a big way just as they were going out of print.

I flipped a copy of the SC Vol 2 for BIG money 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't reprint it. Even the trades are OOP.
    Was planning on picking up Orion but hesitated because I've never read 4th world.
    Don't hesitate. It's really great stuff.

It's really strange that DC has let these editions go OOP. It's Kirby's best work for DC and most of the characters are actively being used in current stories. DC is usually good at keeping books in print, but not these for some reason. I can understand not reprinting a hardcover if the trades are still widely available, but the trades are now OOP except for one volume.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    It's really strange that DC has let these editions go OOP. It's Kirby's best work for DC and most of the characters are actively being used in current stories. DC is usually good at keeping books in print, but not these for some reason. I can understand not reprinting a hardcover if the trades are still widely available, but the trades are now OOP except for one volume.
    I'm pretty sure they gonna reprint them in some form. Can't recall when and what exactly but I'm like 95% sure there were news about it.

I own the 4 volumes of Fourth World Omnibus in HC and can't recomendem enough!
    Essential!

I think there was a recent reprint in TPBs.