Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Jason Todd. Always and Forever.

He had and still has more gravitas out of anyone save Grayson, maybe. He`s the rough spirit of Gotham`s (teenager) Hell, since he lived it in a way that no one else, including Bruce ever did. The irony becomes that, he`s the one, out of all Robin, to have that hard edge of Bruce but directed at a different vision. In that way, he`s even tougher than Bruce but deep inside he`s learned to accept things that Bruce still pretends he doesn`t (RATHO).

He wasn`t just fresh and edgier than Grayson by the time Crisis hit, he was simply balsier. And ever since the recent reboot, his character and background have expanded tremendiously.

Still, he retains that level of mistery. What exactly has he done in the streets to survive. You always guess the chance of not knowing the full story (despite RATHO and RHTLY being his Year One) with him, which adds the cool factor. The streets tried to claim him and he clawed back, that`s instantly relatable.

Lastly, the Joker beat into his origin doesn`t feel hammed and is kind of creepy, exactly because of how vague it is. In that regard the Joker represents to Jason the boogeyman that he conquered the moment he became the "Red Hood" and wear the earlier "face" of the clown. Simbolically wise, that`s almost as iconic as Batman and Joker`s Devil and the Knight feud. By doing this, he replicated the same feat Dick did when he moved over to Nightwing, with the exception to me that the Red Hood persona is more ecletic. He can work Vertigo noir, mainstream superhero or indie style, without his chharacter suffereing greatly by the change of format.

So, all in all, he`s all balls, great backstory and a cool adventurous character with a greek tragedy vibe.
    Good post. Jason deserves way more respect than he gets for his Robin days. I almost teared up when he's just been betrayed by his mom and beaten halfway to death with a crowbar and the first thing he tries to do is save her.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Just reading this thread and taking a pretty informal count in my head, Dick and Damian seem to be the most popular, I found this kind of surprising. Damian has actually wearing the suit on his side, despite how vocally people seem to dislike him, but Dick really surprised me. I mean, I wonder how old some of the people here are? I mean do they actually remember Dick as Robin in the comics or is their choosing of Dick because they like Dick Grayson irrespective of the Robin suit? I mean I remember Dick as Robin, but I'm old as dirt, and that was a long time ago.
    Eh, I'm young but I've read a lot of classic Batman & Robin comics so I've read plenty of Dick as Robin. He's a great character but I think a lot of people that list him as their favorite Robin probably have the modern day character in mind or more so just the idea of the original Robin.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    He's a great character but I think a lot of people that list him as their favorite Robin probably have the modern day character in mind or more so just the idea of the original Robin.
    Yeah, I tend to think it would have to be the idea of Dick as Robin, or reality of modern Dick Grayson rather than the reality of the Dick as Robin years. Because for a lot of Dick's time as Robin, the writing wasn't that great by modern standards and looking back he was more of a plot device than a fully developed character for a long time.
    Dick is a great character, that run as Batman was some of the best Batman ever. His time as Nightwing, especially the Teen Titans days are some of my fondest memories. Things like Robin: Year One or the animated series' are good, but when I think of Dick as Robin: mostly I just laugh at how terrible a lot of it was. Maybe that's just me though.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

1. Dick Grayson....the classic, some great Bronze Age Robin stories with the Titans AND by Bruce's side.
    2. Jason & Tim: tied for second. For Jason, I had to consider both pre and post-COIE versions, both having their pros and cons. But Tim was done so well too and fit really well with Bruce. And so I find a tie.
    3. Damian....sadly, I'm just too classic a fan to put Damian higher, but Grant did great with him. No shame on being 3rd.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-20-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Tim Drake. Hands down.

Damien Wayne.

Really interesting and funny.

I associate Dick as Nightwing more than anything at this point. But of course, he is THE Robin. The one who started it all. Everyone else down the line is simply trying to live up to his legacy. After him, I think Damian is my favorite. I like Jason as Red Hood, but am not a huge fan of his turn as Robin. Tim is worthy of the mantle and could even make a great Batman one day, but I've truthfully always been bored by him. Damian was very obnoxious initially but his arc from coldblooded and disobedient killer to Bruce's beloved son and sidekick has been really rewarding. Also he brought home a Bat-Cow, Bat-Cat, and befriended an enormous Man-Bat. Damian keeps it interesting.

Dick Grayson for me. The original. Really has the whole good guy hero thing going for him. The contrast between him and Batman was perfect.
    I don't mind Jason as Robin but I like him a lot more as Red Hood.
    Damien. I'm not sure if I love him as Robin, or just love him as a character. I like his little attitude. I can see him as Batman when he grows up.
    Tim was good too. He's the one I really grew up with. But to me he just was never that special. He's cool and all, but was always kind of just ordinary to me.

Good post. Jason deserves way more respect than he gets for his Robin days. I almost teared up when he's just been betrayed by his mom and beaten halfway to death with a crowbar and the first thing he tries to do is save her.
    I hate that panel in which she lights up a cigarette so she doesn't have to watch as her son is brutally beaten.

That panel did make me shed a tear. It really affected me. Reading Jason Todd's death.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That panel did make me shed a tear. It really affected me. Reading Jason Todd's death.
    Hi. There's a Tony Stark on SHH too. Is that you?