Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

1. Dick Grayson--the first, the greatest, and honestly the one who should still be rocking the red and green (it's HIS identity, much more than Nightwing--which he got from Superman of all people).
    2. Damian. I didn't want to like this little punk, but he's grown on me a lot.
    3. Stephanie. Cute and plucky but also tough.
    4. Carrie. In over her head but game for anything.

I've never liked Tim (I just feel like DC tried too hard to make him seem worthy and likable after the train wreck that was Jason), and Jason is much better as the Red Hood.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

1. Dick Grayson, there is no contest between him and the others imo. The original Robin still reigns supreme.

2. Jason Todd, I dug his flawed bad ass rendition of the Boy Wonder although I like him far better as either the antihero Red Hood II and/or the troubled villain Arkham Knight.

3. Tim Drake, his awkward adjustment initially assuming the mantel of the Boy Wonder and then growing into a fine successor of to it in his own right truly touched me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-15-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    By doing this, he replicated Lastly, the Joker beat into his origin doesn`t feel hammed and is kind of creepy, exactly because of how vague it is. In that regard the Joker represents to Jason the boogeyman that he conquered the moment he became the "Red Hood" and wear the earlier "face" of the clown. Simbolically wise, that`s almost as iconic as Batman and Joker`s Devil and the Knight feud. The same feat Dick did when he moved over to Nightwing, with the exception to me that the Red Hood persona is more ecletic. He can work Vertigo noir, mainstream superhero or indie style, without his chharacter suffereing greatly by the change of format.......
    Fantastic point, I couldn't have put it better myself bravo.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jason Todd. I loved his attitude and the whole stealing the tires off of the Batmobile lol. He was and will always be my Robin.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-16-2015 at 12:38 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jason Todd. Always and Forever.

He had and still has more gravitas out of anyone save Grayson, maybe. He`s the rough spirit of Gotham`s (teenager) Hell, since he lived it in a way that no one else, including Bruce ever did. The irony becomes that, he`s the one, out of all Robin, to have that hard edge of Bruce but directed at a different vision. In that way, he`s even tougher than Bruce but deep inside he`s learned to accept things that Bruce still pretends he doesn`t (RATHO).

He wasn`t just fresh and edgier than Grayson by the time Crisis hit, he was simply balsier. And ever since the recent reboot, his character and background have expanded tremendiously.

Still, he retains that level of mistery. What exactly has he done in the streets to survive. You always guess the chance of not knowing the full story (despite RATHO and RHTLY being his Year One) with him, which adds the cool factor. The streets tried to claim him and he clawed back, that`s instantly relatable.

Lastly, the Joker beat into his origin doesn`t feel hammed and is kind of creepy, exactly because of how vague it is. In that regard the Joker represents to Jason the boogeyman that he conquered the moment he became the "Red Hood" and wear the earlier "face" of the clown. Simbolically wise, that`s almost as iconic as Batman and Joker`s Devil and the Knight feud. By doing this, he replicated the same feat Dick did when he moved over to Nightwing, with the exception to me that the Red Hood persona is more ecletic. He can work Vertigo noir, mainstream superhero or indie style, without his chharacter suffereing greatly by the change of format.

So, all in all, he`s all balls, great backstory and a cool adventurous character with a greek tragedy vibe.
    Beautifully put! I agree with so much of what you've stated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jason! I always did like Carrie though. She was the the first Robin I was exposed to.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Jason Todd. Always and Forever.

He had and still has more gravitas out of anyone save Grayson, maybe. He`s the rough spirit of Gotham`s (teenager) Hell, since he lived it in a way that no one else, including Bruce ever did. The irony becomes that, he`s the one, out of all Robin, to have that hard edge of Bruce but directed at a different vision. In that way, he`s even tougher than Bruce but deep inside he`s learned to accept things that Bruce still pretends he doesn`t (RATHO).

He wasn`t just fresh and edgier than Grayson by the time Crisis hit, he was simply balsier. And ever since the recent reboot, his character and background have expanded tremendiously.

Still, he retains that level of mistery. What exactly has he done in the streets to survive. You always guess the chance of not knowing the full story (despite RATHO and RHTLY being his Year One) with him, which adds the cool factor. The streets tried to claim him and he clawed back, that`s instantly relatable.

Lastly, the Joker beat into his origin doesn`t feel hammed and is kind of creepy, exactly because of how vague it is. In that regard the Joker represents to Jason the boogeyman that he conquered the moment he became the "Red Hood" and wear the earlier "face" of the clown. Simbolically wise, that`s almost as iconic as Batman and Joker`s Devil and the Knight feud. By doing this, he replicated the same feat Dick did when he moved over to Nightwing, with the exception to me that the Red Hood persona is more ecletic. He can work Vertigo noir, mainstream superhero or indie style, without his chharacter suffereing greatly by the change of format.

So, all in all, he`s all balls, great backstory and a cool adventurous character with a greek tragedy vibe.
    Great post, man and I quite agree with you there.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dick Grayson is one of my favorite DC characters, just behind Superman and Supergirl (Kara Zor-El, I accept no substitutes). He's the best.

I also really like Damian, though but only when paired with Batman or Dick. Not on his own.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dick Grayson is one of my favorite DC characters, just behind Superman and Supergirl (Kara Zor-El, I accept no substitutes). He's the best.
    But is he your favorite because of his role as Nightwing or as Robin?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Dick's easily my favourite character out of all the previous robins (probs one of my top in dc). However this is Dick with all his identities. Unfortunately haven't had enough history of reading previous Robin's to really be able to choose which is my favourite.
    Though I don't really "believe" in Tim, as I think someone else said I think DC were trying too hard with him and he's never felt quite right, so he wouldn't be high on my list. Dick IS Robin the original, he made the character what he is today, so even if people can't agree if he is the best, everyone must at least agree he is the most important.

I'm going with Grayson. The first Robin, Nightwing, and one of the founders and leader of Teen Titans. He's an amazing character. Next is Timothy Drake.

Grayson for me, then Damian (when he's well written, he's really fun in the Robin role!).
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Incredible Member

Dick and Jason are side by side as Robin for me, and I love how they've branched off.

But really the answer should be Damian is the one I don't like. I like all the others, but only really liked him when he was with Dick, and even then it was more like 'well, i don't hate him as much as I usually do'. YMMV ~shrugs~

Just reading this thread and taking a pretty informal count in my head, Dick and Damian seem to be the most popular, I found this kind of surprising. Damian has actually wearing the suit on his side, despite how vocally people seem to dislike him, but Dick really surprised me. I mean, I wonder how old some of the people here are? I mean do they actually remember Dick as Robin in the comics or is their choosing of Dick because they like Dick Grayson irrespective of the Robin suit? I mean I remember Dick as Robin, but I'm old as dirt, and that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by Kurtzberg; 07-20-2015 at 08:20 AM.

^ Well I knew Dick as Robin from his TV/Media and I purchase Golden Age Batman comics to get a good look at the original Batman and Robin team, also Robin Year One is another Dick Grayson as Robin book I have purchased. Considering all the Robins that have been in comics my interests revolve around Dick and Damian because I feel their characters and connection to Batman are the strongest and most relevant where you have the son in spirit and the son by blood. Jason and Tim are nice characters but Jason started out as a Dick Grayson copy and Tim was introduced with the guarantee that he would not be killed, and get the form of writing they missed out on Jason. I also really disliked how they handled Tim's parents and made him another orphan to be adopted by Bruce.