Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    And who the hell keeps a brain dead child alive for over 50 years?
    idk, Brett freaking ratner thought It sounded like a good idea I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    But then you have to explain why Moira MacTaggert is so young.

Considering his death was wiped out by the end of the movie anyway, I was fine without an explanation. It's the X-Men- people die, they come back. No big deal.
    Idk, continuity error, just like Trask being a midget in the 60s when he was clearly a middle age black guy in X-3. I never said the X franchise doesn't have timeline errors, just the professor being alive isn't one of them.

Fantastic Member

Just saw it here in Japan finally.

Great movie, but I really hope that when they recast Scott, Jean, and Storm next movie that they finally drop the love triangle. That last scene, which made me SO happy to see two of my favorite characters back was just painful.

From Jean's point of view, Logan has never been missing, so even though to the viewer it seems like her 'take-me' eyes are there to show how happy she is to see him, in the context of the situation, we have to assume that's just how she looks at him all the time. If they had done a better job with Scott and made Jean seem more torn, it would have worked as a love triangle, but because they've never really done anything with Scott it just seems like Wolverine is hitting on a nice, semi-oblivious guy's wife WAY TOO HARD, and that wife is pretending to be loyal all while making constant 'come hither' eyes at him. It's never been well done.

Still though, awesome movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Idk, continuity error, just like Trask being a midget in the 60s when he was clearly a middle age black guy in X-3. I never said the X franchise doesn't have timeline errors, just the professor being alive isn't one of them.
    Nah u can still handwave Trask just make it his son or a nephew.

My problem is how does Mystique (shapeshifting) give the Sentinels the ability to adapt to everything? I mean really that seems like something that comes from Darwin (evolve to survive anything) or Rogue (copy any ability). Heck I would have settled to just having them jack Wolverine's insane regeneration ability.

Oh Kitty phasing through time was random as well of course.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 05-31-2014 at 01:46 AM.

BANNED

Great movie, but I really hope that when they recast Scott, Jean, and Storm next movie that they finally drop the love triangle. That last scene, which made me SO happy to see two of my favorite characters back was just painful.
    Now Logan has a second chance to win Jean's heart and marry her in the next movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Meh, I can sort of see how Peter Dinklage could grow old to become black and avarage height. We don't know his family history, so who knows?

In all seriousness, since X3 is a product of the timeline where Mystique killed Bolivar Trask, then that can't possibly be the same Trask. Just a guy who just happened to share the same last name.

Wait so...how did stopping Mystique from shooting Trask in the past prevent the events that led up to Jean's mental breakdown and turning into the "Phoenix?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Wait so...how did stopping Mystique from shooting Trask in the past prevent the events that led up to Jean's mental breakdown and turning into the "Phoenix?
    Well, A) Butterfly effect and b) didn't that had to do with her almost dying saving the X-Men in X2? Considering that Professor X got a preview of X-Men 1-3, it's safe to say that he used this knowledge to make sure the tragedies we saw never happened.

In a way, they pretty much rebooted their universe, Star Trek style. It's safe to say that everything from Wolverine 1 and 2 and X-Men 1-3 just didn't happened or happened drastically different.
    Last edited by Vidocq; 05-31-2014 at 02:11 AM.

BANNED

They probably could just continue the series with what's left of the First Class cast from now on. With Xavier meeting Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Kitty and, eventually, Wolverine and Rogue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Now Logan has a second chance to win Jean's heart and marry her in the next movie.
    Wow, that's creepy. You realize that the next movie is still a prequel to X1 right? Meaning they'll all be even younger than they were in the first movie. I'm not really interested in seeing Hugh Jackman make passionate advances at a teenager and/or college student.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    Wow, that's creepy. You realize that the next movie is still a prequel to X1 right? Meaning they'll all be even younger than they were in the first movie. I'm not really interested in seeing Hugh Jackman make passionate advances at a teenager and/or college student.
    Wait... isn't that what was sort of happening in Claremont's run?

And even then, even if she is in her late 20's, early 30s... isn't it still like a May-Next Year's June type of situation?

I'm just saying that making her a post college young adult isn't really helping with the creep factor.

Personally, I agree. Let that love triangle thing die already.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post

The movie was nice its the best X-men movie but that doesn't mean we should all go nuts proclaiming its the best thing since the invention of TV.
    For what it's worth I thought it was the best film based on a Marvel super hero property.

Boisterously Confused

Should they completely reboot? I tend to think yes. If for no other reason, most of the actors are aging out of their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Should they completely reboot? I tend to think yes. If for no other reason, most of the actors are aging out of their roles.
    All the while the main focus is on the First Class cast they're fine. They can then gradually recast younger actors in to the other roles (much like with Xavier and Magneto) and allow them to grow in to the roles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    and what does that actually mean?
    It means she knows how he would operate, areas he might lay low in, how he would travel and her shapeshifting would allow her to easily approach him.

Mystique's always been great at counter intelligence since her first appearance, after all.