Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What do you think of the New Avengers (post AoU)

What do you think of the new line up?

Captain America
    Falcon
    Black Widow
    War Machine
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision

more mentally stable but not quite as strong physically or as smart
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think I'm not interested in this group. But- is it official? Who's the new Falcon?

BANNED

Same Falcon as introduced in Winter Soldier.

It's not as strong a team, but I'm sure they'll be adding members as they go. Bucky would be an interesting addition. Guy no one but Cap trusts, and even then hesitantly.

I agree with everyone else. They may not be the strongest team, but most of them have pretty level heads.. for now. Excited to see what the future holds.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think I'm not interested in this group. But- is it official? Who's the new Falcon?
    We are talking about post-movie line up.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Same Falcon as introduced in Winter Soldier.

It's not as strong a team, but I'm sure they'll be adding members as they go. Bucky would be an interesting addition. Guy no one but Cap trusts, and even then hesitantly.
    I would love to see that.

I think it's safe to say, that come Infinity War part 1, All the big guns will be back, as well.

But overall, I like the team. Street level.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    What do you think of the new line up?

Captain America
    Falcon
    Black Widow
    War Machine
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    I love the new team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    more mentally stable but not quite as strong physically or as smart
    I'm not so sure, War Machine is pretty much as strong as Iron Man and Vision seems to be a power house in the movie series and Scarlet Witch may not be physically strong but her power level is big as well as varied.

As for the original question I would have preferred Cap's Kooky Quartet as it's more unique to the main team.
    Last edited by Orbus; 05-02-2015 at 04:01 PM.

I love it, the mix of newer and older characters is great and the increased diversity is awesome. I don't mind that they're maybe not as powerful as the previous team and I think it's safe to say Captain Marvel will join the team as she was supposed to appear at that last scene as well.
    I actually hope the first part of Infinity War focuses mostly on them.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

We still have Cap and Black Widow. Falcon is great as a replacement for Hawkeye, War Machine replaces Iron Man, and Vision replaces Thor. We get something different with Scarlet Witch and I'm sure we haven't seen everything she can do. Yes, we are down two of the most intelligent members. One of which is the scariest tank anyone would have to face. So, overall not the strongest or most intelligent but they are more military/black ops trained. And Scarlet Witch and Vision bring many different strengths/skills the team didn't have before. They're a pretty awesome team. I also agree that by the time we get to Avengers 3/4 we will have a much larger cast and many of the now retired members will be joining the fight.

BANNED

I think it's a great transition and I'm excited for what happens next with the team. It's pretty much every bit as powerful as the last group but add's a few different elements we haven't seen.

I also find it hilarious that some on this board ragged so hard on certain characters only for them to have their moment in the sun coming right around the conner. Patinence truly is a virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I'm not so sure, War Machine is pretty much as strong as Iron Man and Vision seems to be a power house in the movie series and Scarlet Witch may not be physically strong but her power level is big as well as varied.
    War Machine keeps being written in the MCU as a crappier Iron Man so, there is one moderate downgrade.

Vision is definitely a powerhouse, no argument there. But he still isn't as "tested" as Hulk or Thor in terms of power. He hasn't had the chance though.

The thing about Hulk/Thor is that... they are pretty much impossible to kill lol. Thor has taken beatings and shots that would kill any human and Hulk is well... Hulk.

and powerful as this new team may be... 4/6 are just human durability wise.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I think it's safe to say, that come Infinity War part 1, All the big guns will be back, as well.

But overall, I like the team. Street level.
    More likely Infinty War Part 2 because the big ones only have 1 movie left on their contracts after there phase 3 solos

Extraordinary Member

I imagine that this team will focus more on team work, than grandstanding.

This is Cap's team, after all.