BANNED

Default Is J2 a human or a mutant?

I was wondering if someone come tell me if J2 is a human or a mutant ? on this page it says human but it also says... "he inherited the powers of the Juggernaut from his father Cain Marko." sense he was born with his powers that would sagest mutant ?

I would say no since Juggernaut's powers are magical in nature I believe

Fantastic Member

I think the word is "mutate", which as far as I understand can be born with their powers but isn't a mutant. In Marvel U "mutant" specifically refers to people with an X-gene not just any inherited trait.

A mutant is someone with an activated X-gene. A mutate is someone who started out human but had his or her DNA altered by exposure to some external factor, such as radiation or mutagenic chemicals. I don't think there's a term for someone who was born with superhuman DNA, but without an X-gene. In Secret War/Warriors, Fury referred to them as "caterpillars."

So, really, it depends on whether J2 has a magical inheritance, in which case he's human, or a genetic (non-X) inheritance, in which case he's a caterpillar (or whatever you want to call it).

I haven't read the comics but I think he's (like the person above) either gained the powers magically or a "caterpillar".
    I would love to see J2 appear in the mainstream universe and meet Thunderstrike, Cassie Lang's grave and maybe join a Super School (love to see him at Braddock Academy).

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The way I see it:
    J2 is a human with magical powers. He acquired them because Nemesus tried to steal his dad's powers but messed up, and they somehow got transferred to J2, seemingly through something like a blood curse.

Whatever the case, he's not a mutant (x-gene or not).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

He's only a mutant if he has an X-Gene. Without that, he's just a magical being.

BANNED

ok thanks for the help everybody =^.^=

I loved his book from MC2. I hope that they bring him back, maybe on Young Avengers.