2 9.52%
  • Have him just have a drone face like the comics

15 71.43%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Try something else new for the comics

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should ultron's look be changed in the comics so it looks more like the movie version

I think Ultron is greatly improved as a villain by actually having s face that can react to things. I would love to see more of that sort of thing in the comics.

I know people tend to like traditional things and dislike when the comics mirror the movies but I think this would be a solid change for making Ultron and even more recognisable villain of the marvel u

Nah. I like the comic design better.

Ultron in the books hates humans, so it wouldn't fit.

I feel it's recognizable enough in the comics as it is. I think the more human you risk making Ultron, the less menacing he seems imo.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

iMan 42s

No.
    Ultron in the movie was designed that way to better convey emotion through him. The Jack o' Lantern face didn't work in seeing how he is feeling and as such would disconnect the audience.

Comics are a completely different medium and as such while he can certainly take elements of the design he should not at all look like the movie counterpart, however I wouldn't be against him incorporating elements of the sentry look and his final form in the film.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

No, the expressiveness of the movie Ultron wouldn't make any sense on the comic one.

No, emotionless robot is what he is "fighting" for, emotions are bad and that makes humans weak or something.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    No, emotionless robot is what he is "fighting" for, emotions are bad and that makes humans weak or something.
    Ultron's always been pretty emotional. Manically emotional.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Ultron's always been pretty emotional. Manically emotional.
    Well his brain patterns do come from a guy who had a mental breakdown, actually that also shows why Ultron hates humans because they break down meanwhile robots get to have "upgrades".

Was anything done to change Malekith's appearance in the comics based on the movie version? Although I think just the change to more glossy paper has oddly dulled the coloring of Malekith. Back in Walt Simonson's run, Malekith was brilliantly colored, a look I have missed in his modern incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    No, the expressiveness of the movie Ultron wouldn't make any sense on the comic one.
    This. It worked in a moving medium, it wouldn't in still frames. Not well, anyways.

BANNED

Ultron's static face works in the comics because you can use angles to manipulate his expressions. I think it's better that way in print format, though I agree that the Ultron in the MCU benefited from having a proper mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Ultron's static face works in the comics because you can use angles to manipulate his expressions.
    This ^

Comics allow expressiveness from things that realistically shouldn't have them, like the full masks of Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Deadpool, or robotic faces of Ultron and the like. The movies have to do all that CGI work and redesign to fix a problem that comics never had to begin with.

Nope. Plus I think it would take away the unique part of Vision being the one that can emote 'physically' and 'emotionally'.

Ultron's "mind" is the key to his character. imo. That static face gives you no clue what is going on but his words and actions have impact.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Considering "Pym-tron" is post SW Ultron, they can give him a mouth... maybe..