Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Quicksilver's story in AoU (spoilers)

This thread will contain spoilers about AoU and possibly about future movies. SPOILER ALERT!

Ok. So as those of you who have seen the movie know... Quicksilver apparently dies at the end of Age of Ultron (...Lame).

So I understand and even appreciate the cinematic purpose in his sacrifice. The film spends a lot of time building the relationship between Pietro and Hawkeye: they are very much enemies at the beginning of the story, with Pietro almost killing Clint. Clint, talking to himself, calls Quicksilver a punk and says someone should teach him a lesson. They fight a lot. Then Quicksilver joins the Avengers and fights alongside them, saving many lives. When Hawkeye goes to save a child and falls in the line of Ultron's fire, Quicksilver, in an instinctive reaction, rushes in and pushes Hawkeye and the kid out of the way, and is shot full of holes. It gives him character development, and makes the audience like him, despite his actions at the beginning of the movie. It also adds to Hawkeye's character.

For me this was really a sad moment in the film. Quicksilver is one of my favorite characters, and it would suck to have him introduced only to die before even one movie. He is a really unique character with a power different from all the other avengers. And moreover, I don't think that the character of Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) is complete without him. They really complement each other, and almost everything they do, they do as a team.

Plus, the avengers saved Hawkeye from a big hole blasted in his side earlier, and they mended his tissue with their cradle. They even built an entire body (Vision)! Why on earth would they not try and revive Pietro?

From a more real-life perspective, I'm pretty sure Aaron-Taylor Johnson signed for more than one movie (unless the winter soldier scene counted).

So on the whole, it just doesn't make sense for Quicksilver to be killed off like this. What do you guys think? I do understand that the studio had to remove about an hour of extra footage from the theatrical release, and that some will be added back in when the film comes out on DVD. Do you think that Quicksilver could have survived his incident? They never did show a burial or grave or funeral of any kind for him, and it seems stupid to add in a new character only to kill him off. Perhaps Quicksilver will be healed in the home video edition, early in the next movie, or just make a miraculous off-screen recovery. Tell me what you think!

BANNED

I think it's pretty open for him to come back (by the way, his post-credits debut in CA2 probably did count, since RDJ's Hill cameo counted as one on his first contract). Lots of cosmic artifacts are being introduced that could restore him (especially once the soul gem goes into play),and if Whedon did want him dead but the Russos don't, easy coma card to play. I think he had a worthwhile arc if this is the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Elf View Post
    Plus, the avengers saved Hawkeye from a big hole blasted in his side earlier, and they mended his tissue with their cradle. They even built an entire body (Vision)! Why on earth would they not try and revive Pietro?
    This is a good point for bringing him back. I wouldn't mind either way, if he lived or died. If he lives - more scenes with cool super-speed effects and snarky AT-J! If he's dead, it's still a touching moment and good end to his story-arc. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Scarlet Witch go full-reality warp and bring him back to life, either.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

T.a.h.i.t.i.?

BANNED

Personally, Thought the death was pointless and pure Joss thing to do. Quicksilver dying pretty much ruined the film for me. Heck the theater I was in people booed when it happened.

My hope is that a director or someone higher up will use a fast healing explanation for his survival or something since all the shots went clean through him. Maybe have him reappear in time for the Inhumans film.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-03-2015 at 05:38 AM.

There is a chance, I bet, they will use the Soul Gem or Time Gem (or Stones) to bring him back....is a shame he was killed in this movie, I really liked his arc and how he became a hero (in fact I liked this Quicksilver WAY better than the one in Days of Future Past). It was really odd to see no scenes dealing with his death post the battle and we just simply jumped to the New Avengers Academy (hopefully the extended -rumored- version adds something like that).

He dead.

You can only pull the "OH HE RELALY ISNT DEAD!!" thing so many times before people will get sick of it. And it isn't worth pulling for Pietro.

He will show up in flashbacks with Wanda and thats about it.

'Hell, when Hawkeye got a flesh wound, they had to get him out fo the fight ASAP and get him back to get treated. QS had multiple big ass bullets shot through him and vital organs and then laid around dead for awhile.

He dead. Sorry QS fans (seriosuly, sorry. You got two iterations of the character on screen and one was a walking plot device and nothign else and the other one was killed off in one movie)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

one of the reason it made me feel down is because, this was quicksilver's big chance to shine in the comics as well. remember how post first avengers movie how prominent hawkeye and black widow became in the comics? they suddenly became everywhere (more than before at least). they had outstanding solo titles. they were key players. i was hoping for the same thing to happen to quicksilver.
    same could be said i guess for others characters (with varying success) like war machine, falcon, winter soldier, deathlock and even shield Fury, coulson.

well maybe im concerned over nothing. we'll see. but ill doubt we're getting a quicksilver solo any time soon. maybe vision and scarlet witch at least

Ultimate Member

I guess we can hope that his unceremonious outings in the cinematic universes leads to some writer who likes Pietro taking it as a challenge to put him in a more prominent position in a comic.

While some things in the comics change to become more like their cinematic versions, Marvel hasn't exactly shied away from things that are very different (Thor has one arm and a woman is bearing Mjolnir?), so it's possible, at least, although Quicksilver has never been too popular a character, usually abandoned for people like PAD to pick from the discard pile and use (at least until some writer Marvel likes more wants to use that character in some other title, in which case the character is snatched away from him, it seems, as happened with both Rahne and Pietro, at various times).

I figured they killed him since it's not a good idea to have him operating in what are essentially competing franchises. This way Fox gets a Quicksilver and Marvel gets Scarlet Witch.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I was not happy when he died, I liked him much more than DoFP's Quicksilver.With all the pointless backstory Hawkeye got, I thought he was goig to die.
    And the New Avengers line up needed someone with his personality as the team will be boring without it.

Also kids are stupid, and are why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I figured they killed him since it's not a good idea to have him operating in what are essentially competing franchises. This way Fox gets a Quicksilver and Marvel gets Scarlet Witch.
    That may very well be the reason but still it's not like the Fox Quicksilver is ever going to get to do anything of importance again.

Niffleheim

He needs to stay dead because the MCU have already revived too many characters as it is. In addition it would be pointless having two Quicksilvers running around in two different superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Elf View Post
    From a more real-life perspective, I'm pretty sure Aaron-Taylor Johnson signed for more than one movie (unless the winter soldier scene counted).
    That doesn't mean they have to bring you back, though.

Unless Cho's machine somehow is capable of reviving dead matter, it doesn't make a difference. They saved Hawkeye because his wound wasn't immediately fatal and they were able to get him to Cho's lab in time to save him. Quicksilver was dead shortly after he hit the ground, hence the big lingering close-up of his face with the eyes wide open and still. Filling him with new tissue doesn't change the fact that he's not actually alive.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-03-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    He needs to stay dead because the MCU have already revived too many characters as it is. In addition it would be pointless having two Quicksilvers running around in two different superhero movies.
    i guess... that could lead into a ..CRISIS