Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Convergence

Default Convergence

I just read the first 4 issues...I like it! A LOT! I havent been picking up alot of DC books....mostly just the Earth 2 books. This is like the ultimate Earth 2 story! The BEST Earth 2 story since the evil superman story! Im looking forward to the end of this and the new Society book now!
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

haha you might be the only human being who thinks like that lol
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Don't knock him(her?). Its a refreshing change from the online negativity. I've enjoyed CONVERGENCE myself 9the tie ins more, admittedly).

Cheers.

James.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not as good as I hoped it to be, but the cliffhanger of the latest issue does excite me.
    Let him enjoy it jeez, no need to pick on the guy.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@Venom2099 Your not the only one that's been enjoying Convergence. I've also been doing so and I think it's pretty decent as well.

You do know that not everyone likes the same things, right? Just because you don't happen to enjoy it doesn't give you the right to poke fun at someone else's enjoyment of it. I doubt very seriously that you would want someone to do the same to you. As my dear departed mom would say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Yeah -- I've been enjoying it as well. I didn't have many expectations about it, and have been pleasantly surprised by how much I've liked it. The focus on the Earth 2 characters in the wake of World's End has been nicely done, and the tie in with Futures End (which explains Brainiac's absence) has also been well-played.

But I've been mostly surprised by how much I've liked the tie-ins. I thought they would be pretty uninteresting, but instead I find myself actually engaged in them. So overall, Convergence has been a nice little sleeper hit of an event for me. Certainly better than what a vocal set have been saying (and I've kept quiet because the negativity is just too much to deal with).
    Last edited by Ishmael; 05-03-2015 at 07:18 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    (and I've kept quiet because the negativity is just too much to deal with).
    Yeah, me too. Hate to say it but the negativity regarding this is a bit over the top to me as well so I rarely say anything either.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

All-New Member

Me too, I Love Earth 2 Earth 2 characters. I Have Question when Convergence done who going to be leader?

Superman/Val-Zod

Alan Scott/Green Lantern-

Dick Grayson/New Batman-
    Last edited by xack; 05-03-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Fantastic Member

I'm just now getting caught up on it and I think it's been a pretty fun, very comic-booky event.

It's enjoyable for what it is. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the character interactions too.

Incredible Member

What I really like about convergence is that I read Dc here and ther before new 52 but i've been reading consistantly since flashpoint. What i like about convergence and the tie-in is that it allows me to get a sample of different characters and differenct times so that I can now go back through back issues (mainly digitally) and read more about these characters

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    What I really like about convergence is that I read Dc here and ther before new 52 but i've been reading consistantly since flashpoint. What i like about convergence and the tie-in is that it allows me to get a sample of different characters and differenct times so that I can now go back through back issues (mainly digitally) and read more about these characters
    I'm enjoying that aspect a bit too. Even with the main arc focusing predominantly on the Earth 2 characters (who I stopped following after the first collected volume of Robinson's run), it's still an enjoyable crash course in DC superheroics. Kind of like a stupider 52.

Quote Originally Posted by xack View Post
    Me too, I Love Earth 2 Earth 2 characters. I Have Question when Convergence done who going to be leader?

Superman/Val-Zod

Alan Scott/Green Lantern

Dick Grayson/New Batman
    How about Power Girl/Supergirl?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    How about Power Girl/Supergirl?

I like Power Girl/Supergirl but i don't think of her is a leader type.

It's been all right. It has yet to wow me, and I find myself cringing at some of the dialogue, but it's at least better than World's End (which actually isn't saying a lot).

The tie-ins? I started picking them up, but I've pretty much given up on them after the third week. The only one I have intention of following up on this month is Question. Other than that I just found myself bored with them.

Quote Originally Posted by xack View Post
    I like Power Girl/Supergirl but i don't think of her is a leader type.
    After her throwdown with Darkseid in World's End, I reconsidered my thoughts about her. She stepped up in a way the rest didn't (or at least Val-Zod didn't). Given her personal ties with the original Earth 2 trinity, she seems to be a natural fit for the role.

Of course they could also just take decisions by consensus ...