Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Convergence

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Some slight points:

What's the deal with Apollo, anyway? That's the Cully Hamner costume (cool, cool) but didn't Starlin come in and blow out StormWatch so they all looked like their old selves again? However did that story resolve, because I totally stopped reading it?

Guy Gardner was almost assuredly an art mistake.

Oracle is the obvious result of all the Lobdell input, which doesn't help things, but I suppose he's an apropos inclusion. (Convergence placement at "a few months ago", back when Lobdell was still closing out his Superman run at least makes that bit feel like a coda or capstone that "almost" works.)
    The last issue of STORMWATCH was a "Lol none of the Starlin issues ever happened!" kind of deal.

I haven't been reading this, but as a fella who dug a lot of Lobdell's ideas- it's kind of cool to see Oracle floating around. I love the Watcher in the old FF comics.

All-New Member

I'll add my name to the list of those who like Convergence, Earth 2 and Worlds' End.

I've been enjoying the many 2-shots that've come out, generally; the only things I didn't like were elements introduced in the minis that >weren't< in the originals; in BATO, Metamorpho being unable to touch Sapphire...whaaa? In Crime Syndicate, Superwoman being Lois Lane...um, no. Don't know why they felt it necessary to introduce these odd ideas here; surely they should've been able to write based off the original material without adding incongruous elements.

But, like I said...liking the event, looking forward to Earth 2: Society...

Quote Originally Posted by nathan-elke View Post
    I'll add my name to the list of those who like Convergence, Earth 2 and Worlds' End.

I've been enjoying the many 2-shots that've come out, generally; the only things I didn't like were elements introduced in the minis that >weren't< in the originals; in BATO, Metamorpho being unable to touch Sapphire...whaaa? In Crime Syndicate, Superwoman being Lois Lane...um, no. Don't know why they felt it necessary to introduce these odd ideas here; surely they should've been able to write based off the original material without adding incongruous elements.

But, like I said...liking the event, looking forward to Earth 2: Society...
    Glad to see I'm not the only one to be bugged by that. Could the writers not be bothered to do their homework? Were the editors too busy packing for California to do their jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Whill View Post
    Hi everyone, coming back here for the first time in over a year but I got re-registered. I performed Google searches and scanned this thread before posting, but I have a big stack of comics to read and a question about Convergence.

For each week, what order should I read them in? Do I read the Convergence book issue before the tie-ins, or should I read the tie-ins of the week before reading the main Convergence title? I appreciate your guidance!
    Me I would read the main book before the tie-ins.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Columbus OH, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Me I would read the main book before the tie-ins.
    Thanks. I appreciate the reply. Now for the last week with Issue 8, won't reading the main book first mean that I will get the conclusion of the overall story before the conclusion of that week's tie-in #2s?

OMG! I thought someone hacked my account at first!
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    OMG! I thought someone hacked my account at first!
    Sorry for the scare there. I can change ny avatar if you would like.

I'm going to pick up the last week of Convergence tonight. Anyone who's read them, should I save #8 for last after the tie-ins?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whill View Post
    Sorry for the scare there. I can change ny avatar if you would like.

I'm going to pick up the last week of Convergence tonight. Anyone who's read them, should I save #8 for last after the tie-ins?
    Yes, the tie-ins all all over before #8.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yes, the tie-ins all all over before #8.
    Thanks for your help.