Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Convergence

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    After her throwdown with Darkseid in World's End, I reconsidered my thoughts about her. She stepped up in a way the rest didn't (or at least Val-Zod didn't). Given her personal ties with the original Earth 2 trinity, she seems to be a natural fit for the role.

Of course they could also just take decisions by consensus ...

Power Girl did stepped up, so did Alan Scott. Jay Garrick was too worry about his mom so didn't anything against Darkseid. Thomas Wayne was with Dick Grayson the whole time so he didn't do anything against Darkseid. Red Tornado and Hawkgirl did help little but they escape in the end. Val-Zod gets his ass kick. Power Girl do seems be a natural fit for the role so do Alan Scott and maybe Thomas Wayne but he is die.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I will say it is definitely a improvement over World's End for sure.

I'm enjoying it from the opening connection to Doomed to the Earth Two continuation and the visit from old friends. It may not be as huge as Secret Wars with two main marvel earths smashing together but it's a nice, entertaining break until we get to the craziness of June

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I will say it is definitely a improvement over World's End for sure.
    What stuff you don't like in world's End.

Injustice
    Future's End
    World's End
    Multiversity
    Convergence

FIVE books, all basically the same tone/concept, and they went with the worst of the 5. So, SO bad. Just horrible, listening to Telos give the SAME speech, in a multitude of $4 20 page comics with no story. How the hell do you mess up Batman meeting his dad for the first time?!?! Jesus guys!

BANNED

How is this different from Countdown: Arena?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_general View Post
    The difference is that Convergence is being published several years later.

Which is to say, yes, the plot is very similar, but it's been long enough that repeating it isn't that big a deal.

No offense to anyone, but I believe the point of this thread was for those of us who like Convergence to have a place to post. Those of you who don't like it have plenty of other places to complain all ready.

And for the record, there are those of us who thought World's End was the best of the weeklies. Shocking I know. But compared to the sprawling mess of Futures End and rambling, decompressed plot of Batman Eternal, World's End was well done. Again, if we didn't post our thoughts, it was simply because we didn't want to get shouted down by all the negative voices. Unfortunately the CBR forums are now often just an echo chamber for negativity, so why bother?
    Last edited by Ishmael; 05-06-2015 at 05:58 AM.

I didn't liked to first issues, but this one was a vey solid one for me.

All-New Member

I'm new to comics so maybe my opinion is not as informed, but I've enjoyed Convergence thus far. I've always enjoyed alternate versions of characters, so seeing the Earth-2 crew as the main protagonists here is enjoyable for me. I'll admit it did start out kind of slow, but #4 and #5 especially have been entertaining for me. I've only selected one tie-in per week to buy (gotta save money), but I like every one.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    And for the record, there are those of us who thought World's End was the best of the weeklies. Shocking I know. But compared to the sprawling mess of Futures End and rambling, decompressed plot of Batman Eternal, World's End was well done. Again, if we didn't post our thoughts, it was simply because we didn't want to get shouted down by all the negative voices. Unfortunately the CBR forums are now often just an echo chamber for negativity, so why bother?
    I rather enjoyed World's End myself. Yeah, there were a few problems that I mostly blame editorial for (Seriously not one of the three editors involved with the book caught that Grayson. Jrs name kept changing!) but I liked it better overall than Batman Eternal, which I felt had a lot more problems among them it felt like it was trying to do to much so the pacing suffered and it also felt decompressed. I likewise didn't bother saying anything here for the same reason as you. To much negativity about it and now it looks like that negativity has spread to this weekly as well simply because some of the same characters from World's End are involved. So again I don't really say all that much about Convergence either. I'd like nothing more than to chat with other people who are enjoying it but I really am starting to get annoyed by all the negativity I'm seeing regarding it. I'm glad I can at least talk to some of the people at the shop about the title without there being a chorus of negativity about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanFlash View Post
    I'm new to comics so maybe my opinion is not as informed, but I've enjoyed Convergence thus far. I've always enjoyed alternate versions of characters, so seeing the Earth-2 crew as the main protagonists here is enjoyable for me. I'll admit it did start out kind of slow, but #4 and #5 especially have been entertaining for me. I've only selected one tie-in per week to buy (gotta save money), but I like every one.
    I don't think being new to comics necessarily means that your uninformed myself. I actually think new readers may have clearer heads about some things then the older crowd who are very set in their ways might. Also there are a lot of people here and elsewhere that take their comics very seriously and treat them as a reading assignment which tends to make them very critical (sometimes overly so) of things at times. They get enjoyment out of that and I have no problem with that. I can get that way myself if I'm really bothered by something but mainly the only thing I want out of a comic is enjoyment and I really don't tend to look any closer at it then that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-06-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Double post. Sorry
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_general View Post
    Convergence's issues usually take much more time showing the character before throwing them into battle. It also seems like the heroes are actually attempting to stop the death game and succeeding rather than dying like flies every issue.

Convergence concentrates on providing closure to the old pre flashpoint characters and the cities are teaming up.

Amazing Member

Default I love Convergence...

Seeing some of my favorite characters alive again is awesome. I don't know if they'll get to stick around, but I have hopes that some get a second chance. Some of the issues this week have been FANTASTIC. I'm a bit nervous about the main book, but Speedforce, Superman, The Atom, The Titans, and Nightwing-Oracle have all been so enjoyable to read. I'm digging it, and if it is a last hurrah for some, what a last hurrah it is!