Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Deluxe/Omnibus with best tie-ins?

What do u think is d best self contained HC/Omni?
    Last edited by osakafanz; 05-04-2015 at 04:56 PM.

No recommendations?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Maybe a little more info would be helpful.

By tie-ins, do you mean HC's that have companion books that flesh out the story/event? Or do you mean something that includes a main event plus satellite issues, like the DC One Million or Infinite Crisis omni's?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Maybe a little more info would be helpful.

By tie-ins, do you mean HC's that have companion books that flesh out the story/event? Or do you mean something that includes a main event plus satellite issues, like the DC One Million or Infinite Crisis omni's?
    Actually I'm a newbie to English comics so I have difficulty deciphering your lines totally sorry...

What I meant will be along d line of:

What do u think is d best self contained HC/Omni?

The Animal Man Omnibus by Grant Morrison

All-New Member

I'll give another vote for Animal Man. Does Absolute All-Star Superman count?

Planetary, Sleeper, Morrison's Invisibles and The Filth (if that kinda stories are your cup of tea), LoEG, New Frontier deluxe, Infinite crisis collects all the tie ins and it's a great read but good luck finding that, Sandman, Ronin, Books of Magic, Punk Rock Jesus, Animal Man.
    New X-men, Secret Warriors, Punisher Max, Annihilation, Fury My war gone by, Blue, Gray & Yellow, The Twelve.

These are all self contained books from the two big publishers, no previous knowledge necessary (maybe some basis that you probably already picked up from the movies and/or the cartoons).

Smaller publisher stuff that are available in ohc and are quite good (some of them are maybe oop and going for higher prices): Criminal, Incognito, Fear agent, Hellboy, Saga, Sex Criminals, Chew, Peter Pan by Loisel, Millennium, Invincible.

Spectacular Member

Great recommendations so far. I'll throw in Colossal Conan, Big Damn Sin City, and X-Statix (can be found cheaply).

Hulk: Planet Hulk is fantastic, a complete story in one book, the Grant Morrison New X Men omnibus is a very good read too.

If you tell us what else you like, or what you find interesting I'm sure we can come up with further suggestions.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Morrison's are the best.

As far as Omibuses, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles, New X-Men....such great vacation reading experiences.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Morrison's are the best.

As far as Omibuses, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles, New X-Men....such great vacation reading experiences.
    are you taking the Invisibles omnibus to vacations? Or the Doom Patrol one? Are you going on vacations with a truck and a forklift?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    are you taking the Invisibles omnibus to vacations? Or the Doom Patrol one? Are you going on vacations with a truck and a forklift?
    Lol. I pack very light (I'm not a clothes person) by nature and thus have good room to pack one or two or so.

I always like to juxtapose the place with the book too....so I'll read something old or disturbing (like my HP Lovecraft collections) while on beautiful sunny summer beach. I'm weird like that I guess.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Lol. I pack very light (I'm not a clothes person) by nature and thus have good room to pack one or two or so.

I always like to juxtapose the place with the book too....so I'll read something old or disturbing (like my HP Lovecraft collections) while on beautiful sunny summer beach. I'm weird like that I guess.
    I only brought home comics from vacations. Drove my gf mad because I limited our clothing packing options to make more room for books I'm not a cloth person either (can't spend too much on cloth, I want MORE books instead).

Alec: The Years Have Pants Omnibus by Alec Campbell
    Alice in Sunderland by Bryan Talbot
    Arkwright Integral by Bryan Talbot
    Charley's War omnibus collections by Pat Mills and Joe Colquhoun
    The upcoming Eightball collection by Daniel Clowes
    Finder Library by Carla Speed McNeil
    Grendel by Matt Wagner & co
    The new Hate collections by Peter Bagge
    Love & Rockets Library collections by Los Bros Hernandez
    Metabarons Ultimate Collection by Alejandro Jodorowsky and Juan Gimenez
    Nexus by Mike Baron and Steve Rude
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga by Stan Sakai
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 05-07-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    BB

Keep your suggestions coming guys!