Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The parent material in the ASM movies was just a horrible, stupid decision. No amount of editing could have made their presence better. The franchise was supposedly patterned after USM but even Bendis knew better than to make the parents into anything but a minor plot point once in a blue moon.

Whoever decided the parents were a good idea in ASM should really have their Spider-Man fan card revoked.
    i think the amount of editing would've made it better or at least decent if focused more on the other mythos. also let's face the fact that the parents weren't really focused that much on the first movie but more on the mythos. you have peter care about his loved ones even bearing his guilt towards uncle ben's death and focused on saving people and while TASM 2 was pretty fault was able to get the characters right for the most part and even capturing spiderman well on screen and handle peter and the romance well.

it's not that the parents were a bad idea it's more like the execution of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    That's not entirely accurate.

The reboot happened mainly because Raimi dragged his feet and couldn't give Sony what they wanted, which was a Spider-Man film produced by a specific date, which on Sony's end was to ensure the rights didn't revert back to Marvel. There were also reportedly story disagreements between Raimi and Sony, specifically what villain to use for the next film. I'm not blaming Raimi for any of this, mind you. I just think it's pretty clear that many involved with the Spider-Man film franchise wanted to continue with Raimi but Raimi wasn't necessarily in a hurry to continue with Spider-Man.

Also keep in mind that Sony went with the reboot because they were TRYING (key word) to drop production costs but the MCU essentially prevented that from happening. Marvel Studios forced Sony to compete against them when really they should have been collaborating with each other.

yeah, i was not a fan of raimi either. plus if sony really wanted to make the movies poor they wouldn't seem to know what they're doing if they hired the right writers, director, and such a fantastic cast anyway so the fans had no reason to bitch at all when you have actors like sally field, martin sheen, andrew garfield and emma stone.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    the people criticized it for how it's used and sony only ciriticzed it because they realized what they did was a mistka eeven though it was the fault of the editing and them letting avi arad be in charge.

the series was also made to keep the rights as well as why first class was made as well as the wolverine movies. the transformers movies made alot more money than you realize. next time do your research before making a comment like that.

same thing based on rights issues. even though they collaborated with eachtoher they have no choice but to reboot. you'd see the same thing happening to the x-men if it was possible.

i believe we'll see a directors cut of both TASM films. Marvel knows the actors are owed that much.
    I know the Transformers movies made a lot of money. That was my point. Those movies were "overmarketed" and got "bad reviews" but they still made a lot of money. You said these things hurt ASM 2. But they didn't hurt Transformers.

You also claim this same thing would happen with X-Men. But X-Men wasn't in the position the Spidey films were in. The ASM brand damaged the Spidey film franchise. To the point that a lot of people are still saying they would rather we have a Miles Morales movie.

As far as Director's Cuts for the ASM films. I don't see that happening. Maybe for the Raimi films.

i think the amount of editing would've made it better or at least decent if focused more on the other mythos. also let's face the fact that the parents weren't really focused that much on the first movie but more on the mythos. you have peter care about his loved ones even bearing his guilt towards uncle ben's death and focused on saving people and while TASM 2 was pretty fault was able to get the characters right for the most part and even capturing spiderman well on screen and handle peter and the romance well.

it's not that the parents were a bad idea it's more like the execution of them.
    Richard Parker is like the Jar Jar Binks of the Spider-Man films.

Okay, that comparison is unfair. Jar Jar only ruined one Star Wars film.

i believe we'll see a directors cut of both TASM films. Marvel knows the actors are owed that much.
    I don't think Marvel owe anything to anyone involved with the ASM movies, why would it be their responsibility to clean up the mess made by Sony? I don't mean to be a downer, but a Director's Cut is more than unlikely at this point. With all the leaks and the sharing deal happening, Sony can't seem to sweep those movies under the rug fast enough and Marvel Studios probably have little to no interest to promote anything that isn't part of the MCU.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I don't think Marvel owe anything to anyone involved with the ASM movies, why would it be their responsibility to clean up the mess made by Sony? I don't mean to be a downer, but a Director's Cut is more than unlikely at this point. With all the leaks and the sharing deal happening, Sony can't seem to sweep those movies under the rug fast enough and Marvel Studios probably have little to no interest to promote anything that isn't part of the MCU.
    I could see a director's cut of the Raimi films. Someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I could see a director's cut of the Raimi films. Someday.
    Well, there's Spider-Man 2.1 (which reminds me that I still need to get the steelbook version of that movie...) and I'm afraid that's all we're going to get.

BANNED

I know the Transformers movies made a lot of money. That was my point. Those movies were "overmarketed" and got "bad reviews" but they still made a lot of money. You said these things hurt ASM 2. But they didn't hurt Transformers.
    overmarketing that doesn't spoil the film so much i mean. whatever happen with transformers i really do not care since people are attracted to that pice of crap for some reason.

You also claim this same thing would happen with X-Men. But X-Men wasn't in the position the Spidey films were in. The ASM brand damaged the Spidey film franchise. To the point that a lot of people are still saying they would rather we have a Miles Morales movie.
    the x-men were made for the same reason as spiderman but without some unproffessional producer breathing down their neck especially messinf with the film's edits. TASM 2 didn't damage the franchise that much. it's more likely to do with the people's mentallity than the films. also marvel comics didn't help spiderman that much either. if you wanted a spiderman series that's well executed then make a tv series. don't waste the mythos for the movies. spiderman deserves the exact same treatment like say Daredevil, The flash, breaking bad and Dexter.

As far as Director's Cuts for the ASM films. I don't see that happening. Maybe for the Raimi films.
    i can see a directors cut for ASM films happening. with everything that happen i think they deserve one. can't let the series go to waste. raimi had enough glory. just leave his legacy like that as it is.

Richard Parker is like the Jar Jar Binks of the Spider-Man films.

Okay, that comparison is unfair. Jar Jar only ruined one Star Wars film.
    yeah that comparison is unneccessarily unfair.

Well, there's Spider-Man 2.1 (which reminds me that I still need to get the steelbook version of that movie...) and I'm afraid that's all we're going to get.
    I know.

(The joke was that the Raimi films are more popular within Marvel and Sony.)

BANNED

yeah, Spiderman 2.1 is the only raimi film on directors cut we're getting. i say raimi had enough glory. we still think that webb deserves the daredevil and Spiderman 2.1 treatment for both films.

BANNED

I know.

(The joke was that the Raimi films are more popular within Marvel and Sony.)

yeah but it's to speak with the fanboys who are reading this. and to be honest the raimi films aren't really all that great to be honest in terms of some of the acting, dialogue, tone, goblin, some of the characters, and some other stuff. i also wasn't the biggest fan of the scores. they made spiderman too godlike. horner's score fits spiderman better.

overmarketing that doesn't spoil the film so much i mean. whatever happen with transformers i really do not care since people are attracted to that pice of crap for some reason.
    You need to clarify what you mean.

the x-men were made for the same reason as spiderman but without some unproffessional producer breathing down their neck especially messinf with the film's edits. TASM 2 didn't damage the franchise that much. it's more likely to do with the people's mentallity than the films. also marvel comics didn't help spiderman that much either. if you wanted a spiderman series that's well executed then make a tv series. don't waste the mythos for the movies. spiderman deserves the exact same treatment like say Daredevil, The flash, breaking bad and Dexter.
    X-Men 3 and Origins Wolverine say otherwise. But the X-Men franchise recovered.

But a TV series? Do you know what the budget for that would be?

i can see a directors cut for ASM films happening. with everything that happen i think they deserve one. can't let the series go to waste. raimi had enough glory. just leave his legacy like that as it is.
    Why? Marvel wants to distance themselves from those movies, and Sony isn't exactly proud of their reboot. The idea of wasting time and resources on such a project doesn't make any sense.

yeah that comparison is unneccessarily unfair.
    I know. Jar Jar only ruined one movie.

yeah but it's to speak with the fanboys who are reading this. and to be honest the raimi films aren't really all that great to be honest in terms of some of the acting, dialogue, tone, goblin, some of the characters, and some other stuff. i also wasn't the biggest fan of the scores. they made spiderman too godlike. horner's score fits spiderman better.
    How many times has anyone's opinion ever changed because of a long back and forth on a message board? I still hate the ASM films just as much now as I did when I started this thread.

BANNED

they could if they wanted to. but with sony i could possibly see them releasing TASM directors cut or if someone from the company posting leaked scenes involving ben, may, the chemistry between peter and harry, harry, felicia(i do love felicity jones ), connors and his family, a few scenes with norman and harry, peter parker's daily life, more from captain stacy, flash, the stacy family, etc.

BANNED

You need to clarify what you mean.
    i did

X-Men 3 and Origins Wolverine say otherwise. But the X-Men franchise recovered.
    and that's why wolverine 2 was made even though it recieved mixed or mediocre reviews and i don't think wolverine 3 will do any better on the reviews.

But a TV series? Do you know what the budget for that would be?
    spiderman will do fine on tv. flash is doing better as well as supernatural, sleepy hollow, arrow, etc. plus pratical effects on spidey aren't really that difficult for the right team. most of the effects from the webb and raimi films are practical anyway. the train scene in SM 2 was mostly done by practical effect so i really don't see the big deal here.

Why? Marvel wants to distance themselves from those movies, and Sony isn't exactly proud of their reboot. The idea of wasting time and resources on such a project doesn't make any sense.
    it's not that they want to distance themselve but more like they have to. they'd do the same thing for the x-men. sony doesn't have the right to say they aren't proud of what they did and criticize the actors and director consideirng they are the ones mostly at fault here.

I know. Jar Jar only ruined one movie.
    Jar Jar ruined many movies as well as anakin, pademei, and george lucas

How many times has anyone's opinion ever changed because of a long back and forth on a message board? I still hate the ASM films just as much now as I did when I started this thread.
    did you start this thread criticizing them before the first movie made it into theaters? because i would call you something worse at the time despite so many evidence that you shouldn't freak out.

TASM 2 didn't damage the franchise that much.
    This could be just me, but having a studio go from planning a shared universe to negotiating with their biggest competitor in the genre in order to work out an agreement to share the character has to be my very definition of damaging a franchise. The talks about asking Sam Raimi for help show how desperate they were to get the franchise back on track before it's too late.

Honestly, I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect them to release extended versions of those two films. If those movies underperformed during their theatrical run, there's no way Sony would think there's sufficient demand for an extended release.

BANNED

This could be just me, but having a studio go from planning a shared universe to negotiating with their biggest competitor in the genre in order to work out an agreement to share the character has to be my very definition of damaging a franchise. The talks about asking Sam Raimi for help show how desperate they were to get the franchise back on track before it's too late.

Honestly, I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect them to release extended versions of those two films. If those movies underperformed during their theatrical run, there's no way Sony would think there's sufficient demand for an extended release.
    this was more like sony not knowing anything they're doing than just TASM 2 being damaged. honestly there have been many fan theories for future TASM series and most of them made a,ot of sense and would've worked well. the most simplest thing they would've done is let marc do his job and since they have someone like drew goddard let him be your producer instead of Avi Arad. but no, sony listened too much to the haters wanting raimi, maguire and considered making a spider-verse movie or whatever. this has really nothing to do with setting myself up for dissapoitnment but using facts. movies like daredevil didn't do well in the box office and reviews and yet they got exteneded cuts and i think the wolverine didn't do well in the box office either and got the un-rated version.