Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    They ran on Bleeding Cool. I don't like sharing links to that toxic website though.
    ???????????

Amazing Member

Toxic for computers and phones, Rich, not content-wise. It's unusable on mobile from all the ads and my antivirus flares up whenever I even think about visiting on my computer.

The ads and autoplay videos are so bad that, yeah, I stopped visiting the site.

Default 10 years old

So, I originally posted this thread on the old Dark Horse forums (now defunct) on February 1, 2009. I've been updating it for ten years now.

So, I originally posted this thread on the old Dark Horse forums (now defunct) on February 1, 2009. I've been updating it for ten years now.
    Happy 10th Anniversary (one day early)!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (one day early)
    (Not on my side of the dateline)

And thanks!

(Not on my side of the dateline) . . .
    Ah, when you posted that response, it date-stamped it "10:36 AM" (as of Thursday, January 31st).
    <I'm on New York City time. >

Congrads man! I started reading Hellboy around 2000, (maybe 2001? It was tougher for me to collect comics back then due to budget and lack of a comic store anywhere close, so I had a later start on Hellboy, I got into it during the Conqueror Worm) but anyways it's crazy for me to think I've been into these comics for roughly 20 years. It feels more special to me than say collecting Spider-man comics because no matter what you will never collect their whole run; I've got all of the Hellboy and BPRD comics in one form or another (same with Spawn and Walking Dead). Plus you know the Spider-man story will really never end; he's kind of stuck in a perpetual state of reboot/rehashes/recycles...Hellboy feels more personal and definitive to me in so many ways. Certainly better story telling.
    Last edited by KROENEN; 01-31-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Amazing Member

Amazon has listed lots of future interesting releases:
    Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1956. Regular trade. The only interetsting detail is that according to the description it will also contain Hellboy vs. Lobster Johnson: The Ring of Death one-shot.
    Witchfinder Omnibus Volume 1. Long-awaited first omnibus of the Hellboyverse spinoff solo series. Honor goes to Edward Grey. As usual, collects first 3 trades.
    Baltimore Omnibus Volume 1. This one is unexpected, given that it has already been released in hardcover format. Due to it's final number of volumes (8), it will be divided not on 3, but 4-trades volumes.
    Our Encounters with Evil: Adventures of Professor J.T. Meinhardt and His Assistant Mr. Knox. Name says it all. It's a quasi-sequel to Mr. Higgins Comes Home OGN. But twice bigger this time.
    Last edited by Shargor; 03-18-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Now that we know, that Dark Horse plans to publish the entire Hellboyverse in Hardcover omnibus collections - They need to reprint the "Plague of Frogs" collections in hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Bentzen View Post
    Now that we know, that Dark Horse plans to publish the entire Hellboyverse in Hardcover omnibus collections - They need to reprint the "Plague of Frogs" collections in hardcover.
    I keep hoping they'll do a hardcover box set of Plague of Frogs. (Plus, if they do a box set instead of a regular reissue, they can move Born Again into volume one just before the Plague of Frogs miniseries where it belongs.)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know if any other omnis or DE are coming out soon for Hellboy, BPRD or Abe?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hellboy and Abe are 100% Omnibused already. (There will be future Hellboy and the BPRD omnibuses collecting the few other Hellboy stories that have been recently released). BPRD only needs Devil You Know collected, which I wouldn’t expect for another year at least. Witchfinder starts this year though

Default January 2020 solicitations