Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
Hello! I'm planning on getting into the Hellboy universe, including BPRD and other spinoffs! My friend lent me the first trade and I loved it! I can't wait to read more.
However, I can't decide which way to start buying the universe. There are the library editions and the trades. I would prefer the library editions, but from the look of things, the trades included in those are all messed up in terms of their order.
Does this make reading confusing for the series, or are the messed up in the same way that Secret Origin for Green Lantern can be read first in the series, even though it was published halfway through Johns' run?
Should I go with the library editions or use the trades instead to go in the published order of the series? Which flows better as a series?
Thanks!
The library editions and omnibuses are designed to be the way people will be reading this story twenty years from now, so a lot of thought has gone into the order of the stories. Definitely go with the library editions, especially since they run, Darkness Calls, The Wild Hunt, and The Storm and the Fury back to back, the way they were meant to be read.