Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Possibly silly question: Does anyone know if Sledgehammer 44 has any direct connection to B.P.R.D. 1946?
    Not that I can think of. Um... Both have Professor Bruttenholm in them back in the 1940s?

July 16 is going to be a fun day. Lobster Johnson, Witchfinder, and B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth all in one day.

Default September 2014 solicitations

Issues:

ABE SAPIEN #16
    Written by: Mike Mignola and Scott Allie
    Art by: Sebastián Fiumara
    Colours by: Dave Stewart
    Cover by: Sebastián Fiumara

On sale September 10, 2014

Abe returns to the place where Fenix shot him, and things get worse when a mysterious gas begins to leak from the ground. Pursued by a crew sent to bring him down, he runs into two different apocalypse cults, one of which worships Abe!
    • Major new arc starts here!

“As the year rolls on I can’t wait to see just what Mignola and the gang have in store for Abe Sapien.” —Bloody Disgusting

“If you're behind on the title, jump on with the next issue as it will start the next chapter of Abe's journey.” —Comic Bastards

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH #123
    Written by: Mike Mignola and John Arcudi
    Art by: Joe Querio
    Colours: Dave Stewart
    Cover by: Laurence Campbell

On sale September 17, 2014

A giant monster unlike anything the B.P.R.D. has seen yet battles the Ogdru Hem for dominion over Japan!
    • Twenty years of Hellboy!

“Each month, I wish I had more insightful things to say about the book other than 'GAAAAH THIS IS SO GOOD,' but eventually, you run out of praise to hurl.” —Multiversity

WITCHFINDER: THE MYSTERIES OF UNLAND #4 (OF 5)
    Written by: Kim Newman & Maura McHugh
    Art by: Tyler Crook
    Cover by: Julián Totino Tedesco

On sale September 17, 2014

In a struggle with the local police, the witchfinder is taken down, but before they can drown him in the rising waters, a strange fish woman takes him in and reveals the mystery of Unland.
    • Written by horror fiction legend Kim Newman (Anno Dracula)!
    • From the pages of Hellboy!
    • #GoToUnland

The dead rise!
    BALTIMORE: THE WITCH OF HARJU #3 (of 3)
    Written by: Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden
    Art by: Peter Bergting
    Cover by: Ben Stenbeck

On sale September 24, 2014

Baltimore's investigations come to a halt when the dead of Estonia rise from their graves and demons rip from their corpses -- the children of the Red King's witch! The story moves beyond the novel for the first time!
    • Peter Bergting (The Portent, Domovoi) joins the Mignolaverse!
    • The story moves beyond the novel for the first time!

“Mignola's and Golden's Baltimore ... is a worthwhile addition to the dark fantasy worlds fostered by Dark Horse.” —Comic Bastards

Trade:

HELLBOY: WEIRD TALES (Hardcover)
    Written by: Mike Mignola, John Cassaday, J. H. Williams III, Craig Thompson, Evan Dorkin, and others
    Art by: Mike Mignola, John Cassaday, J. H. Williams III, Craig Thompson, Evan Dorkin, and others
    Colours by: Dave Stewart, Michelle Madsen
    Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale November 26, 2014

Some of the best writers and artists in comics team up to present stories of giant bats, demon children, jetpacks, haunted circuses, and rusted-out spaceships. Old-fashioned pulp fun featuring one of the greatest heroes of modern comics. Collects Hellboy: Weird Tales Volumes 1 and 2.
    • Some of the top creators in comics provide their takes on Hellboy.

Amazing Member

Another Day at the Office and The Ghoul are now both digitally available via Hellboy 20th Anniversary Sampler.

Thanks for the heads up Shargor! I didn't even realise that one was available digitally.

Last edited by middenway; 07-15-2014 at 04:28 AM.

Default October 2014 solicitations

Issues:

ABE SAPIEN #17
    Art by: Sebastián Fiumara
    Cover by: Sebastián Fiumara

On sale October 8, 2014

People think Abe Sapien's transformation means he's connected to the monsters taking over the world. Now, returning to the town where he was shot, and where his transformation began, Abe seeks sanctuary with a strange group of survivors.
    • 20 years of Hellboy!

“Incredible storytelling, both writing and art.” —Comic Bastards

Tyler Crook returns!
    B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH #124

On sale October 15, 2014

Life goes on in Santa Fe despite the Ogdru Hem on the edge of town. But the B.P.R.D. comes to town too late to help at least one guy . . . and probably a lot more!
    • Standalone story!

“Each month, I wish I had more insightful things to say about the book other than ‘GAAAAH THIS IS SO GOOD,’ but eventually, you run out of praise to hurl.” —Multiversity

The shocking truth of Unland!
    WITCHFINDER: THE MYSTERIES OF UNLAND #5 (OF 5)
    Written by: Kim Newman & Maura McHugh
    Cover by: Julián Totino Tedesco

On sale October 15, 2014

Sir Edward Grey digs deeper into the shocking truth about Unland even as the city drowns in the rising waters. With the help of a mysterious woman, Grey faces raging waters and the eel assassins that have haunted his every step!
    • Written by horror fiction legend Kim Newman (Anno Dracula)!
    • From the pages of Hellboy!
    • #GoToUnland

The wolf’s trap!
    BALTIMORE: THE WOLF AND THE APOSTLE #1 (of 2)
    Art by: Ben Stenbeck

On sale October 29, 2014

When Inquisition agents come to destroy a wolf that used to be one of their own men, they don't stand a chance without the ultimate ally!

“2014 is shaping up to be an intense year for Baltimore.” —Bloody Disgusting

Trade:

The secret history of the Lobster—revealed!
    LOBSTER JOHNSON - VOLUME 4: GET THE LOBSTER
    Art by: Tonci Zonjic
    Cover by: Tonci Zonjic

On sale December 10, 2014

A Manhattan wrestling match goes terribly wrong when the ref is killed in front of a live audience by two crazed-and seemingly bulletproof-wrestlers. Lobster Johnson's attempt to subdue the mad duo ends with him becoming public enemy number one! Will the Lobster be able to clear his name with the full power of the city's cops after him? Collects Lobster Johnson: Get the Lobster #1-5.
    • Tonci Zonjic’s return to Lobster Johnson!

“It’s a badass homage to the classic two-fisted pulp stories of the thirties.” —Comic Book Resources
    Last edited by middenway; 07-16-2014 at 05:27 PM.

I do wish they'd go back to giving us the arc names for the ongoings in the solits. It was much easier to keep track of Russia arc that BPRD #124 in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    I do wish they'd go back to giving us the arc names for the ongoings in the solits. It was much easier to keep track of Russia arc that BPRD #124 in my mind
    Yeah, not to mention, it means we can avoid having multiple threads for the same arc here on the forums.

The first arc of Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. is going to be called 1952.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54804
    November solits. BPRD, Balitmore, Abe trade and another Omnibus softcover. Unless I'm missing something, pretty low count for this month

Default November 2014 solicitations

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54804
    November solits. BPRD, Balitmore, Abe trade and another Omnibus softcover. Unless I'm missing something, pretty low count for this month
    Yeah, it's a light month.

Issues:

James Harren returns!
    B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH #125: FLESH AND STONE (PART 1)
    Art by: James Harren

On sale November 19, 2014

Things seem to be going well for the BPRD. With their alliance with the military, they now have all the munitions they need, and, after New York, an easy mission to clear a small town. But the town has strange connections to Howards’s past as a prehistoric warrior, and more than its share of monsters.

B.P.R.D. is one of the most incredibly consistent and high quality books being published.” —All-Comic

BALTIMORE: THE WOLF AND THE APOSTLE #2 (of 2)
    Art by: Ben Stenbeck

On sale November 26, 2014

A young inquisitor who faced the werewolf Judge Duvic finds himself at the very limited mercy of Lord Baltimore.

“2014 is shaping up to be an intense year for Baltimore.” —Bloody Disgusting

Trade:

ABE SAPIEN - VOLUME 5: SACRED PLACES
    Art by: Sebastián Fiumara and Max Fiumara
    Cover by: Sebastián Fiumara and Max Fiumara

On sale January 21, 2015

Haunted by deaths he’s seen and ones he’s caused, Abe returns to the place where he was shot, where his latest transformation began. His path is blocked by strange priests, apocalyptic prophets, and one doomed soul after another, who all seem to think Abe is either the answer or the cause. Collects Abe Sapien #12-14 and #16–17.

“Incredible storytelling, both writing and art.” —Comic Bastards

B.P.R.D. PLAGUE OF FROGS — VOLUME 2
    Art by: Guy Davis, John Severin, Herb Trimpe, Karl Moline, and Peter Snejbjerg
    Colours by: Dave Stewart and Bjarne Hansen
    Cover by: Mike Mignola

On sale January 14, 2015

In 2001, Hellboy quit the B.P.R.D., leaving Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, and a bizarre roster of special agents to defend the world from the growing menace of the frog army. While Abe dives deeper into his origins, Liz and the B.P.R.D. fight against two of their greatest villains yet with their newest recruit, Daimio! Collects B.P.R.D.: The Dead, B.P.R.D.: The Black Flame, and B.P.R.D.: War on Frogs.
    Last edited by middenway; 10-05-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Here's some upcoming trade covers (from Amazon):

I can't say the B.P.R.D. cover is bad at all, but it sure feels weird not having Mike do the trades....

I understand why he's relinquishing covers more, but it is a bit sad.

Agreed. I'm not against in accepting of him not doing covers (the Get the Lobster one is awesome), but that BPRD one isn't doing much for me at the moment. Maybe it'll grow on me

What really writing me out still is not seeing Mignola's name listed at all on the new Witchfinder. Usually even when he's taking a back seat to other he still gets a general plotting credit (though sometimes in interviews he will say he probably didn't earn it, so maybe this is just a way to give the others what he thinks they deserve?)