Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: All-New Captain America, #6

"All-New Captain America" #6 brings the first arc of Sam Wilson wielding the shield to a close as Rick Remender and Stuart Immonen deliver a fight to the finish between Cap and Baron Blood.

Full review here.

Spectacular Member

Just finished reading the All-New All-Different Avengers and some things that were said point to Steve now being totally out of the picture, either via him and Sam having a disagreement, or Steve dying once again. My bet is that Steve dies during Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Tom Reed; 05-04-2015 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

I don't see the disagreement angle at all. I get everyone wants be on this #Ihatesteverogers train but seriously.. there's nothing suggesting a falling out.

I don't like the Misty Knight angle as it feels forced and I feel that Sharon Carter still plays a role in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    Just finished reading the All-New All-Different Avengers and some things that were said point to Steve now being totally out of the picture, either via him and Sam having a disagreement, or Steve dying once again. My bet is that Steve dies during Secret Wars.
    Maybe. I'm kind of thinking he's going to seemingly die, but in a couple years he'll be found having been stuck in suspended animation since Secret Wars with the super soldier serum back. Or it'll be a Rogers from a different universe. But regardless a Steve Rogers will be lost on Secret Wars and found a bit later still intact.

Glad to see Redwing's still alive, though curious to see what other changes we can expect from him besides the new red eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I don't see the disagreement angle at all. I get everyone wants be on this #Ihatesteverogers train but seriously.. there's nothing suggesting a falling out.

I don't like the Misty Knight angle as it feels forced and I feel that Sharon Carter still plays a role in this.
    I'm on no sort of hashtag train (last one I was on pulled into the station Saturday night when Pacman lost), but its the feel I got from the FCBD issue. I know some don't see it, but I'm thinking thats where we're headed. We'll see for sure in a few months I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    If Steve died, I don't think Iron Man would have joked about Steve though. That would have been kinda tasteless.

With Misty apparently not being on the up and up I'm concerned with what she injected Sam with. Other than that I'm glad that Sam got a clear cut victory.

BANNED

Finally finished reading the last issue and I'm actually pretty happy about it. Downside is that the title is transitioning into secret wars and it will mostly be about Nomad. Unless something changes. Either way I'm going to drop the title until it picks back up with Sam or I find out that Sam is the actual star in the book.

I also hope that Redwing gets some development with this vampire bird thing. Hope it just doenst disappear.

Astonishing Member

To date, this is the only Marvel series from Remender than I'm really enjoying. I couldn't get into X-Force and though I'm still reading Uncanny Avengers, it never reads like a team series -- and the stories just seem to get bogged down instead of moving forward. Not having that problem with NCA -- but I'd read just about any comic with Stuart Immomen artwork.

I'm not sure, or, I have been debating in myself, if this is Hydra at all. We never see Hydra in the 616, much anymore, and suddenly they appear from nowhere as the coming attraction Hydra Empire in Battleworld. It makes me think Battleworld has altered the Earth-616, much like Original Sin was a fracture in Reality implanted on Earth, like Original S.I.N., old man Cap, Angela, Heven, Ian Rogers, and others that have suddenly cropped up in the last 3 years. Boils on reality that have burst open in time.

Unless Remender admits a mistake in showing Thor with his hammer, in Uncanny Avengers, when he was clearly unworthy at the time, I'd say Thor with Hammer was also a reality problem, that pops uncontrollably in and out. It wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-06-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I'm not sure, or, I have been debating in myself, if this is Hydra at all. We never see Hydra in the 616, much anymore, and suddenly they appear from nowhere as the coming attraction Hydra Empire in Battleworld. It makes me think Battleworld has altered the Earth-616, much like Original Sin was a fracture in Reality implanted on Earth, like Original S.I.N., old man Cap, Angela, Heven, Ian Rogers, and others that have suddenly cropped up in the last 3 years. Boils on reality that have burst open in time.

Unless Remender admits a mistake in showing Thor with his hammer, in Uncanny Avengers, when he was clearly unworthy at the time, I'd say Thor with Hammer was also a reality problem, that pops uncontrollably in and out. It wouldn't surprise me.
    Many moons ago, DC had a concept for when reality pops in and out. It was called Hypertime.

Not really relevant to this comic or Marvel, just your post specifically. Hypertime was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Many moons ago, DC had a concept for when reality pops in and out. It was called Hypertime.

Not really relevant to this comic or Marvel, just your post specifically. Hypertime was wonderful.
    Can you remember the reason why Hypertime was going on?

PS. From Wiki Hypertime is -

'reality-changing "continuity waves", generated by Superboy-Prime punching the walls of his extradimensional prison'.

Can we say something similar is happening in Marvel Multiverse as Beyonders punch hyper powerful Abstracts, like Living Tribunal?
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-09-2015 at 04:20 AM.