Incredible Member

Default DC's Infinity Stones

I was thinking about this earlier today. Marvel's got these six stones to use as plot points of infinity power (and they are nice to look at) for the lead up into Infinity Wars. What is DC's equivalent to this (because let's face, everything in comics has an equivalent). I thought it might be the Emotion-Beings that inhabit or define the various Lantern Corps, but that didn't quite fit considering they're actual characters. I thought about Kryptonite, but that only affects Kryptonian characters (please don't reference some odd Silver Age story). The closest I could reach was the artifacts of Atlantis that Johns introduced into Aquaman.

Closest I can come up with is the spectrum of lantern rings because the white lantern is the life equation

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    . . . What is DC's equivalent to this (because let's face, everything in comics has an equivalent) . . .
    Uh, no. Not necessarily.

And why does DC NEED to have an "equivalent" to anything and everything Marvel has?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier today. Marvel's got these six stones to use as plot points of infinity power (and they are nice to look at) for the lead up into Infinity Wars. What is DC's equivalent to this (because let's face, everything in comics has an equivalent). I thought it might be the Emotion-Beings that inhabit or define the various Lantern Corps, but that didn't quite fit considering they're actual characters. I thought about Kryptonite, but that only affects Kryptonian characters (please don't reference some odd Silver Age story). The closest I could reach was the artifacts of Atlantis that Johns introduced into Aquaman.
    Darkseid's eyes are the only Infinity Stones he needs. He wants the Anti-Life Equation, but given that him merely walking on Earth in Final Crisis crushed reality... hell, he doesn't even need his eyes. He just needs to be there.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

There is no equivalent and no equivalent is needed.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Well, Kurt Busiek did a little of this in JLA/Avengers when the heroes were competing to get six objects of power from each universe. (The Infinity Gauntlet as a whole was one of them.) I don't remember what they all were--for DC, they included Kyle's GL Battery, the Bell, the Wheel, and the Jar, and whatever artifact created Metamorpho.

The items from JLA/Avengers were: The Orb of Ra; a Green Lantern Power Battery; the Bell, the Wheel and the Jar (as a group); the Spear of Destiny, the Book of Eternity and the Medusa Mask.

Marvel's were the Ultimate Nullifier, the Evil Eye, the Wand of Watoomb, the Casket of Ancient Winters, the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet.

The items aren't even on the same level of power or relevance in a real world perspective. Even in-story, they were chosen almost at random, not because they are equivalent to each other. In a similar way, the Infinity Gems themselves don't have an "equivalent" in the DC Universe. DC has it's own collection of McGuffins - the Miracle Machine and the Worlogog being my personal favorites.