Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Which is what I keep saying when people go "WHY ARE THEY MAKING ANT-MAN AND NOT BLACK WIDOW?!"

(I still don't get why people obsess over Budapest though. I thought it was a stupid line. Honestly, the best stories are the ones you don't know. What you don't know makes the stories larger. What you do know makes them smaller)

But I think it even goes into things like the Iceman coming out issue. Everyone is going "ICEMAN IS GAY NOW!" when the actual issue has problamatic things like Jean Grey forcing him out of the closet and "You're not Bi, you're full gay" as if it's implying Bisexual people are just gay lite. And not to mention that THEY TURNED KARMA EVIL AT THE END OF THE ISSUE! AN ACTUAL GAY HERO IS TURNED EVIL AT THE END BUT NOOOO EVERYONE CARES IF HOT WHITE BOY IS GAY NOW!!!

Like, shit like that drives me up the wall. It's like people only focus on one detail and ignore the rest. It's the same people who think Civil War was only about revealing superheroes identities.
    Quoted for truth. All of it.

I have been quietly waiting for someone to bring up Karma, especially some of the more vocal fans, but it seems like most are just concern that they got another recognizable character that identifies with them or their agenda than they are actually concern with real progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    It's bound to happen eventually.

But by then will it be to late is the question.....

Some people really are too overdramatic and need to get a life.

BANNED

They got angry that Dr. Strange was white too.

Just saying, I completely understand where they are coming from and wanting diversity. But to get so angry over something that is expected is wasted energy.
    As a black I'd prefer actual story relevant characters to resemble the comics at least slightly not race swap people for the sake of political correctness thats just lame. Plenty of minority heroes already exist that need spotlight. Nick Fury is black cus ultimate fury I'm fine with that. Fuck Original Sin tho

BANNED

Brother Voodoo for Example.

The ethnic group of Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver in the comics is Romani (or Gypsy if you want to get called a racist) People who may look like this;

Of course they are suppose to be mixed race as their father is Jewish and in the comics they look just about as white as everyone else...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    As a black I'd prefer actual story relevant characters to resemble the comics at least slightly not race swap people for the sake of political correctness thats just lame. Plenty of minority heroes already exist that need spotlight
    Gwad this so much!

I'm black as well and I would rather have a strong original person of color than a weak hand me down any day of the week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Brother Voodoo for Example.
    Him appearing would be kool

I miss having the free time to be a dick to people I've never personally met. I also miss when people didn't explode over non-issues every week. Anyway I enjoyed the movie will be seeing it again and will buy the Blu Ray.

Yeah comics need to get better with connecting to ACTUAL readers not just people reading to be trendy. It also don't help with that one Spider Woman cover either remember that drama?
    Something about that cover you reminded me of something else.

I went to a convention one time and went to a "Giving up on comics panel". And one of the strange things was that someone in the crowd went "Why don't you guys tell these authors these opinions", and I actually spoke up about the Remender "Go drown in Hobo piss" controversy, which the woman on stage said "Yep, he said that to people mad over Sharon Carter's fridging" which was completely not true. He said that over Havok's speech.

And that's actually what gets to me is that so many comic fans, self included, would easily change facts around to support their causes.

Someone else on Tumblr said something that hit me. They said they disliked the Iceman being gay issue because it just means that being gay is now an accessory. If they can just flip a character's sexuality like that to get people talking, it doesn't mean anything. With 2 issues left, Iceman won't have any meaningful moments about being gay or issues about being gay. He was just gay because it is the popular thing to do now, and it just becomes a hallow strive for diversity.

That's actually what makes me really sad about this diversity push is that it feels like a gimmick now instead of people actually caring. Are people invested in female Thor because they can relate to her? Or are they invested so they can "Laugh at the fanboys tears that they don't have Thor anymore" Why is it that diviserity only matters if it's a popular character that's being affected and not the many other minority or gay characters out there?

Wow, I went off on a tangent there.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Some people really are too overdramatic and need to get a life.

I find it hard to Believe People that made those post are really people:

This Maybe one of the 1st Time & only Times in my Life I have to say I am Embarrassed to some level to be a Comic Book Fan & anyone thinking we are of the same degree as these Harassers.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The ethnic group of Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver in the comics is Romani (or Gypsy if you want to get called a racist) People who may look like this;

Of course they are suppose to be mixed race as their father is Jewish and in the comics they look just about as white as everyone else...
    Its fun when SJWS try to pretend europeans aren't going to be pale no matter what like with the stuff with frozen

They got angry that Dr. Strange was white too.

Just saying, I completely understand where they are coming from and wanting diversity. But to get so angry over something that is expected is wasted energy.
    43.dizzy_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Their is No Words to Describe that Level of WTF I just Heard about the casting roles & characters of the Maximoff's from they Harassers!

Everything said about them not knowing a what they are talking about cause they never read the comics is 125% True!

Only This Equals my Response to those making such an outrage of a calm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc
    LOL. That's HILARIOUS!!! Great job bro!
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

I went to a convention one time and went to a "Giving up on comics panel". And one of the strange things was that someone in the crowd went "Why don't you guys tell these authors these opinions", and I actually spoke up about the Remender "Go drown in Hobo piss" controversy, which the woman on stage said "Yep, he said that to people mad over Sharon Carter's fridging" which was completely not true. He said that over Havok's speech.

And that's actually what gets to me is that so many comic fans, self included, would easily change facts around to support their causes.

Someone else on Tumblr said something that hit me. They said they disliked the Iceman being gay issue because it just means that being gay is now an accessory. If they can just flip a character's sexuality like that to get people talking, it doesn't mean anything. With 2 issues left, Iceman won't have any meaningful moments about being gay or issues about being gay. He was just gay because it is the popular thing to do now, and it just becomes a hallow strive for diversity.

That's actually what makes me really sad about this diversity push is that it feels like a gimmick now instead of people actually caring. Are people invested in female Thor because they can relate to her? Or are they invested so they can "Laugh at the fanboys tears that they don't have Thor anymore" Why is it that diviserity only matters if it's a popular character that's being affected and not the many other minority or gay characters out there?

Keep going. I am right there with you on every single word.

Men are idealized in comics as well. Are they not sexualized too? And I know plenty of female characters that are well written you probably haven't looked hard enough. And when has harassment ever been encouraged in cons? Name one time someone has been harassed and not had the person responsible ejected? Just because bad people do wrong it doesn't mean its accepted
    They aren't sexualized they are idealized. I'm not saying harassment is acceptable I'm saying its a problem that wonen go through. I never said female characters aren't well written. I'm saying the there is a problem with female characters being props. That's changing now though. Slowly changing
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Exactly diversity has to be organic not forced. Sam becoming Cap doesn't bother me at all because hes been Steves partner for decades just like Bucky has. But some random nobody taking over as thor is annoying