Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    The KKK are a racist group who murdered people on the basis of their race. GamerGate is full of both men and women who want more ethical behaviour from games journalists. "Slight difference there", to use your expression.

And if "Feminists are people who believe women are worth the same as men", does that mean they believe it's acceptable to harass women as much as they did Joss Whedon?
    To put it simply:

Yes, there are some people who call themselves feminists are are jerks or threaten people. They are an incredible minority and not what feminism was founded for or used for by most people.

GamerGate, on the other hand, was invented to harass one guy's ex under the pretext of caring about gaming journalism, while having to this date accomplished absolutely nothing in the way of uncovering corrupt journalism or changing how journalists approach video games or gaming culture. They have doxxed, harassed, and whined quite a bit though.

Jerks are jerks, but they only define a movement or philosophy if the majority or participants or founders are, y'know, jerks. And, only a jerk would think that because one jerk did something horrible, it must be okeh for others to do the same.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Just when you think humanity could not sink any deeper into the quagmire of stupidity and revulsion, along come a small angry bunch of folks who make you doubt the general decency of most folks. There are few words to express my disgust at this sort of cowardly behavior. Crom! To think that such fools as this share the same basic genetic composition of the rest of us in the human race...it is almost enough to cause one to mourn the loss of respect and tolerance. It does, however, underscore a long held belief that those who scream the longest and loudest for respect, inclusion and tolerance are the last to give such to others. These self-proclaimed and so-called 'tolerant' among us are the most hate-filled, deplorable and deserving of no respect from any rational individual among us. Mitra help us.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Oh for crying out.

Look, I am not a Joss Whedon fan. I loathe Whedon's obnoxious, look-at-me "strong" female characters, dialog and he was extremely rude to me during an interview many years ago (I was 100% polite);

but if I am not a fan of someone or their work, I lob quietly where it counts: financially. I vote with my wallet rather than attack them personally for some imagined BS.

Sure, I can get cranky on a board or a tumbler or whatever. Anyone can, but to actually attack the person on their twitter account, WTF man.

So I feel bad for Whedon and his genuine fans because these brats ruined the online experience with their own psychotic misread of fictional characters.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-05-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    You'd think if that was true, there'd be a lot more cases of young women gunning down gyms full of men or websites full of them raging about how stuck up guys won't put out like they should because they've been brainwashed by media. Death camps. Horrible assaults.

Surprisingly, with the millions of feminists in the world, all apparently misandrists, nearly all of them are out there not actually hurting or attacking any men. Or, for that matter, any in this thread exhibiting any level, really, of hatred.
    I might not be up to date on the news, but I've not seen any news reports of men gunning down gyms full of women either. Seems like the kind of thing you'd hear about.
    As for websites full of stuck up guys complaining about women. Yes, those are out there. As are the ones full of women complaining about men. The misandrist attitude really isn't as rare as you're making out to be.
    Don't know what the death camps stuff is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I might not be up to date on the news, but I've not seen any news reports of men gunning down gyms full of women either. Seems like the kind of thing you'd hear about.
    As for websites full of stuck up guys complaining about women. Yes, those are out there. As are the ones full of women complaining about men. The misandrist attitude really isn't as rare as you're making out to be.
    Don't know what the death camps stuff is all about.
    If hatred of men was that widespread, if it was literally millions, globally, there'd be some deaths by now or some visible expression of hatred. You can't have millions of people hate men without some violence to show for it.

Even in this thread, if we go back through, how likely is it that we see feminists in the thread hating on men? We may see people saying they hate feminism, or people saying they're disappointing in comics fans or superhero fans, a number of people may have a disdain for idiots on tumblr or twitter.

But, if someone's going to claim that a global and very basic philosophy, a term that is self-applied by millions of women and men worldwide is only for people who hate men, why is there no evidence of that? Why would, say, a similarly large group who hate Jewish people or hate a building leave an obvious wake of violence and action, but this vast global conspiracy of man-haters have left... a few angry posts on tumblr made by a handful of people?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    You'd think if that was true, there'd be a lot more cases of young women gunning down gyms full of men or websites full of them raging about how stuck up guys won't put out like they should because they've been brainwashed by media. Death camps. Horrible assaults.

Surprisingly, with the millions of feminists in the world, all apparently misandrists, nearly all of them are out there not actually hurting or attacking any men. Or, for that matter, any in this thread exhibiting any level, really, of hatred.
    Didn't feminists in argentina attack a church? Or during the Bobbit deal feminists had parties about sausages to commemorate her cutting off her husbands wang. Theres plenty of hate in feminism and violence

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I might not be up to date on the news, but I've not seen any news reports of men gunning down gyms full of women either.
    It wasn't a gym full of women but there was Elliot Rodger just last year.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Didn't feminists in argentina attack a church? Or during the Bobbit deal feminists had parties about sausages to commemorate her cutting off her husbands wang. Theres plenty of hate in feminism and violence
    3 stomped on a man kicked his testicles in.

Media just decides not to put on TV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    It wasn't a gym full of women but there was Elliot Rodger just last year.
    His victims were mostly male ironically. He hated men too including his friends for getting chicks when he expected them to just walk up on him like an inept dumbass. Really he hated both

BANNED

He had a sign saying he was a feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    He had a sign saying he was a feminist.
    He had a posting history that said he wasn't.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I'm out.

Men do this stuff to a comics or television persona: It's because they're insane fans.

Women did this (I don't know that anyone's been identified, have they?), they're not insane fans, they're killer feminists from the grand feminist conspiracy.

Nah. They're asshole fans who think they can dictate how someone makes a movie or makes a comic or makes a game, no different from any of the other entitled and threat-happy fans of that ilk.

That's all it is. Entitled fans.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Please let's not get sidetracked with these isolated incidents of women attacking men when you still have trafficking of women for sexual purposes, the kidnapping and lord knows what happened to those school girls in Africa, the "comfort women" during WWII Japan, and that rape is frequently a part of the spoils of war to this very day. Move on guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    every group has extremists, but I don't consider these women feminists. Feminist is about equality not destroying things and hurting people

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Please let's not get sidetracked with these isolated incidents of women attacking men when you still have trafficking of women for sexual purposes, the kidnapping and lord knows what happened to those school girls in Africa, the "comfort women" during WWII Japan, and that rape is frequently a part of the spoils of war to this very day. Move on guys.
    agree
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-05-2015 at 12:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Most women won't even lift a finger to help those women.